Jez

So tom ince, who was once said to be joining Madrid, Milan, Liverpool etc has spent the last 2 years playing for Blackpool, hull and now derby (again)

Edited by Jimzk5

stoke agreed a fee for shaqiri

His move to Inter Milan not worked out then?

That's a great move by Stoke, read they're also signing Abeymang-Badu from Udinese who'll probably replace N'zonzi, another good player.

Badu will be a good signing, the Premier League will suit him well.

Think the promoted clubs have done really good deals so far...well Bournemouth who have made some clever signings imo and Watford today signed Holebas from Roma and also wanted Capoue.

Have Norwich done anything yet?

Read Arda Turan is joing Barca, don't think he can play until January though.

On a slightly different note, how come Turkey are so poor as a national team now with players of his calibre. 13 years ago they were finishing 3rd in the world cup and 2008 they made the euros semis and now they don't even qualify for tournaments.

players of his calibre is just 1. Same way Wales didnt qualify with Giggs in the team. 1 top player and a couple of good players will not help a team qualify when glaring weaknesses. they dont seem to have any good centre halfs at the moment either

Read Arda Turan is joing Barca, don't think he can play until January though.

On a slightly different note, how come Turkey are so poor as a national team now with players of his calibre. 13 years ago they were finishing 3rd in the world cup and 2008 they made the euros semis and now they don't even qualify for tournaments.

The euros semis still haunts me. The whole nation hated Cech. He wanted to retire because of his errors. It was amazing how Cech was getting destroyed daily on tv, internet, etc. 

They had a good spine in 02, rustu in goal, alpay, tug ay and basturk in the middle, Sukur up front, then the likes of sas and emre, sure galatasarary won the UEFA and European super cup around that time too, the main thing is Sukur scored goals

Now they just have turan and that canlahoglu or however you spell it from Leverkusen, they have fast tracked 2 young strikers, that one man city have just signed and a kid called unal

They had a good spine in 02, rustu in goal, alpay, tug ay and basturk in the middle, Sukur up front, then the likes of sas and emre, sure galatasarary won the UEFA and European super cup around that time too, the main thing is Sukur scored goals

Now they just have turan and that canlahoglu or however you spell it from Leverkusen, they have fast tracked 2 young strikers, that one man city have just signed and a kid called unal

They had a good team with great team spirit. Fans are nutty though lol

Leiceter have had a 12 mill bid for Austin rejected..looks like we might not get a sniff with this one

That is the absolute maximum he is worth already.

Next!

If we had a guy who has a strike rate of better than 1 in 2 in the Premier League (Austin has 18 in 35) then I think we would want more than twelve million quid.  There are a few clubs interested in Austin. QPR will get more than £12m for him.  

• Like 1

Leiceter have had a 12 mill bid for Austin rejected..looks like we might not get a sniff with this one

That is the absolute maximum he is worth already.

Next!

If we had a guy who has a strike rate of better than 1 in 2 in the Premier League (Austin has 18 in 35) then I think we would want more than twelve million quid. There are a few clubs interested in Austin. QPR will get more than £12m for him.

if qpr realy only want 15 mill it wont be long befor hes back in the prem

be nice if was in a Villa shirt

If we were interested in him, I'd not be too upset about getting him for anything below 18m to be honest. Proven strike record, and has managed with each step up he's made.

League One: Played 54 Scored 31

Championship: Played 113 Scored 58

Premier League: Played 35 Scored 18

If he had "inho" at the end of his name people would be creaming themselves at the thought of signing him.

Absolutely, 100% good enough for us, both in our current state and where we're likely to be in the best case scenario in 4 years

• Like 2

If he had "inho" at the end of his name people would be creaming themselves at the thought of signing him.

Technically he only needs 'ho', as he has the first half already. 

• Like 3

They have Mehmet Topal in midfield, I saw him score an amazing 35 yarder at the Brit for Valencia a few years back. They are pretty weak upfront that's a fair comment.

That game in euro 2008 against Czech Republic, didn't Tuncay play the final few minutes in goal?

If we were interested in him, I'd not be too upset about getting him for anything below 18m to be honest. Proven strike record, and has managed with each step up he's made.

League One: Played 54 Scored 31

Championship: Played 113 Scored 58

Premier League: Played 35 Scored 18

Absolutely, 100% good enough for us, both in our current state and where we're likely to be in the best case scenario in 4 years

I'm confused... I thought British players were overpriced?

I think Austin is underrated myself. He has the kind of skills that never really go out of fashion. Basically, he's physical (6 foot 2 and 14 stone), has good instincts and can finish. He doesn't seem to struggle with confidence either. He's 26 tomorrow and has proven he can score goals at this level.

I think any team that signs Charlie Austin will do well out of it, if he was Belgian and his team were still in the premier league they would be looking for £25m, much like we were for Benteke 2 years ago.

• Like 2

think he is a good player myself and he scores different types of goals like tap-ins, headers, penalty, long range and acrobatic. He also has decent footballing ability. Think it was the 3-3 game he put in a cracking cross but luckily no QPR players were intelligent enough in the box for it