Jez

I can't be the only one who thinks that Chelsea must be totally radio rental giving not only a top player to potentially their closest rivals but in a position where said rival always struggles. It might not come back to haunt them, but much stranger things have happened and it's not beyond the realms of possibility that Cech could be the final piece to Arsenal's jigsaw. Chelsea are bat-shit cray cray.

blob:https%3A//vine.co/6d9bfebb-d202-4990-b0bd-07738d32798e

Amusing giffage that I can't get to work on the forum in any format

So poke your rules and gimmie the points. 

Edited by Eames

I'm cutting and pasting that URL into my browser and it isn't working. Up yer game Eames lad :P

Ah **** it-. Wenger as Gandalf crowning Cech as Aragorn with Cech's scrum cap isn't THAT great for the effort/ 

I can't be the only one who thinks that Chelsea must be totally radio rental giving not only a top player to potentially their closest rivals but in a position where said rival always struggles. It might not come back to haunt them, but much stranger things have happened and it's not beyond the realms of possibility that Cech could be the final piece to Arsenal's jigsaw. Chelsea are bat-shit cray cray.

Rumours are (and they very much are rumours, my work colleague relayed them to me) that Abramovich let Cech go to Arsenal and that Mourinho wanted him to go to PSG instead for the exact reason you've outlined.

Rumours are (and they very much are rumours, my work colleague relayed them to me) that Abramovich let Cech go to Arsenal and that Mourinho wanted him to go to PSG instead for the exact reason you've outlined.
I heard that Cech had a meeting to Roman and José and said he and his family really wanted to stay in London as they were settled. Of course not ideal for Chelsea FC but the fact he asked them face to face and the trophies he was akey part of bringing to the club Roman sanctioned the deal as a personal thank you. Touch of class.

Its been reported for months (since January I remember) that abromovich had given cech a personal promise he could join the club of his choice after giving Chelsea so much over the last 10 years.

Edited by Jimzk5

Its been reported for months (since January I remember) that abromovich had given cech a personal promise he could join the club of his choice after giving Chelsea so much over the last 10 years.

Class (if true) from Abramovich. Can't knock his running of Chelsea.

Firminio is a really good player, was looking a bargain when it was allegedly ManU for £13m, now £29m is a lot but I think he'll be a good buy. Though I would have him as an attacking midfielder not a striker, so the midfield there looks a bit overloaded.

I heard that Cech had a meeting to Roman and José and said he and his family really wanted to stay in London as they were settled. Of course not ideal for Chelsea FC but the fact he asked them face to face and the trophies he was akey part of bringing to the club Roman sanctioned the deal as a personal thank you. Touch of class.

Yep, pretty much what I heard too.