Jez

The "flappyanski" tag is harsh on him because he's decent at claiming balls from crosses. It's hard as a keeper to get straight back into it when you've only played cup games for your entire career.

It was that performance against against Wigan 3 or 4 seasons ago which put Arsenal out of the title race when they were 2-0 up and lost. Paul Merson used the term then. It has stuck since. A few shaky performances haven't helped shift the tag. 

• Like 1

As I said, it's hard to be on form as as goalkeeper when you barely play.

When he started to play between February and March last season he was really good. A couple of Arsenal fans I know didn't want Szczesny to come back in after.

The top few clubs spending gazillions again. Just going to make the gap between them and the rest even bigger.

And more boring.

Yep and it'll just keep growing thanks to FFP. What is the point?

Regarding Ochoa I confess to knowing absolutely nothing about him and I had never heard of him before the Mexico Cameroon game. But his performances in 3 of Mexico's 4 games were up there with the best goalkeeping performances I have ever seen. 

Ochoa put in one of the greatest keeping performances I've ever seen live against PSG last season. It was **** ridiculous. He was underrated pre World Cup IMO and will go to a CL club this Summer.

I agree with sasquatch that catching crosses in a crowded box separates the men from the boys nowadays.

• Like 1