Jez

Yeah if anyone's got a spare 5 hours go and list all Real Madrid's midfield options....they've nearly got as many midifelders as Spurs! :D

Wasn't Isco being raved about a while ago? Kid will be lucky if he plays 10 games next season, it's not just young English players that struggle to get games.

di maria was excellent last year too, pushes him out

You are talking about a club who binned Robben to accommodate Kaka.  Madrid do this kind of stuff all the time. 

di maria was excellent last year too, pushes him out

You are talking about a club who binned Robben to accommodate Kaka. Madrid do this kind of stuff all the time.

I thought they binned Robben to accommodate Ronaldo. IIRC they binned Sneijder to accommodate Kaka.

Edit - Either way they're not scarred in the slightest of moving on world class players.

Edited by ArteSuave

That was an excellent point made by City's owner. He said basically, "We have no debts, pay all money to other clubs up front, and invest in out local area. Manchester United and Real Madrid have hundreds of millions of pounds of debt and spend nearly as much or more on players. And we're the ones who are punished by financial fair play."

So because City are richer than the other clubs they should not be punished for breaking the financial fair play rules... ?

Kind of goes against the point of FFP.

i think what he's saying is that under the rules the likes of utd and madrid are allowed to beg steal and borrow but a bloke with a wedge sat in his pocket isnt allowed to spend it

the rules are flawed, for one in my mind the rules don't take in to account the increase in revenue that comes from being involved with a football club, using city as the example, they've spunked a billion quid on city, look at all their other investments, look at the growth of etihad as a business, look at the growth of abu dhabi as a region, they've lost money on city but the value of pretty much every other pie they have their finger in has gone through the roof, and they're doing it all over again in yank land and oz next...

• Like 3

20m pounds. Insane.

He only had 12 months to go on his contract and Madrid weren't the only club in for him. I think 20m is pretty much par given those circumstances. 

Yeah, I know, economics. Just lamenting aloud, that's all.

i think what he's saying is that under the rules the likes of utd and madrid are allowed to beg steal and borrow but a bloke with a wedge sat in his pocket isnt allowed to spend it

the rules are flawed, for one in my mind the rules don't take in to account the increase in revenue that comes from being involved with a football club, using city as the example, they've spunked a billion quid on city, look at all their other investments, look at the growth of etihad as a business, look at the growth of abu dhabi as a region, they've lost money on city but the value of pretty much every other pie they have their finger in has gone through the roof, and they're doing it all over again in yank land and oz next...

Indeed. The premier league, UEFA, FIFA, they encouraged businessmen to buy into football. Now they have the audacity to say they're not allowed to run their businesses as they see fit. It's a disgrace.

• Like 2

Borini :o

Yes but Liverpool paid 10.5 for him.

And looks like Liverpool are going to get 7 million for Assaidi. That's more bizarre. The more transfers that happen the more it looks like Villa are being well and truly left behind, like we're in another sport.

Borini :o

Yes but Liverpool paid 10.5 for him.

And looks like Liverpool are going to get 7 million for Assaidi. That's more bizarre. The more transfers that happen the more it looks like Villa are being well and truly left behind, like we're in another sport.

In this day when wages and transfers in general shock me, I will still be shocked by transfers that shock me, shocking hey

We're absolutely being left behind in terms of transfers. Getting back to mid table status will be a huge effort from where we are.

FFP is an absolutely criminal joke. There is nothing "fair" about it. They've made football 100% about money and then told the clubs that weren't already super rich at the arbitrary cut off date that they aren't allowed to spend money.

And for what? Because Portsmouth and Leeds flew too close to the sun? What a **** joke.

We're absolutely being left behind in terms of transfers. Getting back to mid table status will be a huge effort from where we are.

FFP is an absolutely criminal joke. There is nothing "fair" about it. They've made football 100% about money and then told the clubs that weren't already super rich at the arbitrary cut off date that they aren't allowed to spend money.

And for what? Because Portsmouth and Leeds flew too close to the sun? What a **** joke.

FFP is not the reason we're being left behind.

FFP is not the reason we're being left behind.

Sorry, those should have been two different posts. We're being left behind because we have an owner who isn't willing to invest and can't sell us.

I think it's way beyond that now.  It's almost as if Randy is trying to devalue us.  He doesn't seem to understand that you stop getting £75m a year for being in the Premier League when you get relegated. 

• Like 2