Jez

Soton getting £55mil in a week for Shaw and Lalanna , if invest that right thats a great deal for them.I don't think either player is worth the fee 

we said something similar getting near 40 million for Downing and Young

We clearly didn't invest correctly back in the team that was the problem 

Will be interesting to see who Southampton buy with all this money they've got from the sales. Potentially more to come as lovren been linked around aswell.

Can see saints going for mainly overseas players with this money.

United bid for Vidal, would love to see him in the premier league, one of my favourite players and imo the most complete midfielder in the world atm.

Totally agree. I'd go as far to say if United signed him they'd be seriously players for the title this season.

Think Southampton will be back in the bottom half this season as they're losing a shed load of core players, Schdnerlein has been linked to Arsenal too.

Worry for me would be lack of goals with Lambert and Lallana gone and J-Rod out till November. Koeman looks like he's going to sign someone called Pelle from Feyenoord who aside from scoring hatfuls there has done very little of note at various other clubs. Think he's scored one Seria A goal.

They have the feel to me of us in August 2010.

I actually think if he's available given Swansea have signed Gomis that Michu would be a good fit for Southampton. Would suit their style of play and would be a decent Lambert replacement.

Southampton's style of play will change a bit now they have a new manager. As someone has already mentioned it would not be a surprise to see Koeman bring in a load of players from Holland. Hopefully he likes KEA.

Anyone wondering why England are crap need to look at the Shaw deal, reported £160k per week for an 18 year old who has had 1 solid season in the premier league.

There isn't much incentive for him to develop now is there?

Well, except for the whole wanting to win silverware and stuff thing. Shaw has moved to Manchester United for about the same money at the same age and at about the same level of experience as Sergio Ramos did to Real Madrid.  

Edited by The_Rev

Man U have paid 30 mil for shaw as they are buying his potential. Within the next 10 years they must assume he will be one of the top 5

Fullbacks in the world. Outrageous figure, but in the long run if he goes on to be the best in the world in his position it will be money well spent.

• Like 1

Man U have paid 30 mil for shaw as they are buying his potential. Within the next 10 years they must assume he will be one of the top 5

Fullbacks in the world. Outrageous figure, but in the long run if he goes on to be the best in the world in his position it will be money well spent.

Personally I think his future is left midfield. I think he'll be wasted at full back in the long run as I think he's a lot better going forward than defending, kind of like how Bale started out as a left back.

Anyone wondering why England are crap need to look at the Shaw deal, reported £160k per week for an 18 year old who has had 1 solid season in the premier league.

There isn't much incentive for him to develop now is there?

The hype over English players in this league is insane. Yes Shaw had a great season and yes he is a young talent, but my god, that deal is just ridiculous. Southampton would have been fools to even decline half of what United offered. Honestly United probably could have gotten Alaba for a little over half of what they spent on Shaw. 

Another example is Alba. He was bought for €14 million. At the time, Alba was being touted as one of the best young fullbacks in the world. Think about it. 

• Like 3