Jez

Chelsea are weird, first they get rid of Mata who was brilliant for them, then they find a new star in Hazard and then look to be getting rid there too. It takes a special team to lose them along with lampard, Cole and Luiz and think that they are improving

Edited by Straggler

Chelsea are weird, first they get rid of Mata who was brilliant for them, then they find a new star in Hazard and then look to be getting rid there too. It takes a special team to lose them along with lampard, Cole and Luiz and think that they are improving

Really? Mata didn't fit into Jose Mourinho's system so he was sold for the best part of a £15m profit.   It's looking like £60m is on the table for Hazard, which is almost a £30m profit.  They use that to sign Fabregas and Costa?  The Luiz money to buy a new central defender. Seems like good business to me.  

Azpilicueta was keeping Cole out of the team last season, he's no mug either, he has Spanish international caps at full back. 

• Like 2

It would be strange to see Arsenal try to sign him back given they have Wilshere, Ramsey and Ozil in their midfield these days.  Obviously Cesc is a fantastic player and there is a great deal of sentiment there but Arsenal would be better spending their money on other areas of the pitch. 

Indeed, if you take sentiment out of the equation then it would be a ridiculous signing for them.

He does, however, seem like a ready made replacement for Lampard at Chelsea. Some kind of skewed loyalty to Arsenal could see him turn them down for a club outside of London. In reality, he would improve any Premiership side.

It would be strange to see Arsenal try to sign him back given they have Wilshere, Ramsey and Ozil in their midfield these days.  Obviously Cesc is a fantastic player and there is a great deal of sentiment there but Arsenal would be better spending their money on other areas of the pitch. 

Agreed but doesn't usually stop Wenger collecting midfielders.

I am sure all would be forgiven if he actually signed for Chelsea. I don't see Hazard leaving. I actually think Chelsea has a better chance to win the champions league than PSG. They will still sign Costa even if it means giving up Courtois. Question is with Cole now gone, is Bertrand back in the fold for them?

I am sure all would be forgiven if he actually signed for Chelsea. I don't see Hazard leaving. I actually think Chelsea has a better chance to win the champions league than PSG. They will still sign Costa even if it means giving up Courtois. Question is with Cole now gone, is Bertrand back in the fold for them?

think PSG have a good base as it is and feel they struggled last season as Zlatan got injured and Lavezzi and Moura didn't have the killer touch to put them away. Hazard would add to that and got a striker better than Cavani and they are in great shape

You have to factor in cultural things too. Hazard is a French speaking Belgian. Maybe Paris will appeal to him more than London.

You have to factor in cultural things too. Hazard is a French speaking Belgian. Maybe Paris will appeal to him more than London.

That and the fact he can turn it off and on whenever he wants and still be in a winning side.

I would sell him, a brilliant talent but will never impact the big games like a Ronaldo does.