Jez

£25m for Fellaini and £15m for Baines seems right to me

I'd want more for Baines if I were Everton. He is probably the best player in his position in the league and he is at the peak of his powers at the moment and he seems happy to stay. Why would they want to sell for anything less than a ridiculous offer?

I thought he was a year or so older than he is tbf, I'd say £18m is the absolute most he should go for.

Why do they need a LB though? Evra is good enough

Baines is about 4 years younger isn't he?

Plus Evra hasn't covered himself in glory the past couple of seasons.

Baines is excellent though to be honest. He'd improve any team in the league imo. Arguably Chelsea still have a better LB than him, but again age means that won't last long.

But if Baines is worth 20 million, Tony Moon must be worth 40 million!!! ;)

the idea of ending the transfer window once the games have started is as blinkered as people who question why the Europa league is played on a Thursday

we close it last Friday, when do Germany / france / Holland / Italy / spain etc etc close theirs? same day as us no doubt cos they must all kick off on the same weekend?

So Spurs flog off Bale (not worth more than 45 million) and hit a gold mine. Signing Roberto Soldado, Nacer Chadli, Etienne Capoue and Paulinho

already and now Coentrao Willian and Erik Lamela?

What a mad swap. One player for a great new squad of players. Ridiculous. I hope Real come in this crazy for Benteke for us to improve our squad.

I wouldn't be averse to the closing of signings (as distinct from sales) once a particular season kicks off. That way, leagues that are yet to kick off could still buy (i.e. at that point the Premier League could still sell players). I believe that arrangement is already in place with Russian sides who can continue to buy from other European sides long after the rest of Europe stops buying.

so say end of july rather than the end of august, we have a week / 2 weeks before the start of the season, serie A has 3/4 weeks until the start of the season

champions / Europa league start would be the obvious date in my mind

but I don't see what the problem is, end of august gives us all of pre season, an international window and 3 league games to test the squad, think the timing works really well for prem clubs

If there has to be transfer windows, end of the august is good time to close it because then teams can see if they need reinforcements as pre-season games aren't very indication how well the team really plays.

Does anyone now not think that Bale is a cert to join Real Madrid?

Pretty astute summer from Levy, despite missing out on the beast.

It's been a brilliant summer for them despite; as you say; missing out on the Belgian beast. I agree that these high cost signings all certainly hint at a deal already being agreed for Bale. The double advantage for Spurs is that (A) they can use Bale as a lure to get these other players to join and ( B) the cost of those players doesn't automatically inflate because Spurs (ostensibly) don't have ~£90m sitting in their bank account. Then, voila, September 1st, he joins Real.

Does anyone now not think that Bale is a cert to join Real Madrid?

Pretty astute summer from Levy, despite missing out on the beast.

It's been a brilliant summer for them despite; as you say; missing out on the Belgian beast. I agree that these high cost signings all certainly hint at a deal already being agreed for Bale. The double advantage for Spurs is that (A) they can use Bale as a lure to get these other players to join and ( B) the cost of those players doesn't automatically inflate because Spurs (ostensibly) don't have ~£90m sitting in their bank account. Then, voila, September 1st, he joins Real.

I think they've done well to address the balance of ability within their team. I think it's fair to say that Bale was their only world class outfield player prior to this summer, but now they have several players who could all stake a claim to be part of the world elite, or atleast aspire to be.

IF all their signings come off, then in theory they probably have a better team than Manchester United.

I don't think the spend is that bad for spurs, even if bale stays

they've get a net spend of about £25m so far and shipped out earners such as gallas and parker, capoue and chadli wont be on those kind of wages, with the TV money thrown in as well id guess willian and lamela wouldn't actually break the bank...

cant see how he balances it though, id didn't think lamela was a striker and will play the role gabby plays for us (it was chadli out there on sunday) and willain isn't too different, means they now have a ridiculous number of midfielders and IMO still a soft defence, a £30m CB would be a better option, im not a believer that kaboul is the answer (or has any danger of playing more than half a season)