Jez

Yeah, it's weird to see Arsenal so aggressive in the transfer market.  More TV money with new kit and shirt sponsorship deals are probably the reason why.  They still have a good twenty years of repayments left on the stadium though. 

I'm pretty sure they are over the hump with the stadium payments now though and it's down to a manageable level.

I had read that they negotiated their last set of deals (kit, sponsors, naming rights etc) as up front cash payments as they needed to send the money on to the stadium builders. Now however the deals are up for renewal and they can negotiate much better terms, giving the proceeds to Wenger for transfers.

Wenger has done a pretty incredible job keeping the club in the top 4 whilst generating a net profit for the owners to pay off debt, most clubs have to spend the GDP of a small nation to make top 4. If he is finally allowed to spend some money they might start winning things again.

£13m for Bony, £6m for Shelvey...

Where did Swansea find this money?

They get £60m a year just for being a Premier League club. 

£13m for Bony, £6m for Shelvey...

Where did Swansea find this money?

You must be aware of the huge bucket load of EXTRA tv money from next year. Even without that, £20m in 1 window is not really a huge amount these days for a PL team playing in Europe.

Fiorentina reportedly close to tying up a ~€20m deal for Mario Gómez.  :blink:

Agreement now reached over the fee, will be as much as €20m if performance-related bonuses are met.  Gómez will sign a 4 year contract.

6.5million Kone 

4million Grant Holt

on this basis Benteke is worth about 75 million. this is madness

Not a chance in the world Holt has gone for anything close to that in my opinion regardless of what fee's media outlets are reporting.

David Villa to Atletico Madrid.

for just 4.4million too

Which is good news and bad news in terms of Benteke. Good as it means that Athletic probably won't be after Benteke but bad in that he was seemingly  a Spurs target.

Atletico Madrid don't do bad for strikers. Villa, Aguero and Falcao in recent years.

torres and forlan werent bad either ;)

haha! How could i forget? I think the only player they made a loss on was Forlan?

Edited by Daniel