Call of Duty: Black Ops

FoFiveKing

I had a quick blast on MW2 yesterday and remember why it was so infuriating . Playing domination on Wasteland and my team is killing it 192--85. Next thing you know it's " Enemy nuke incoming " .

**** off IW and stay there ! That game was severely broken . Black Ops is the fairest COD and the best by miles.

So the game is broken because someone got a nuke in one of your games?

I played MW2 a lot, and only a handful of games ended early because someone on the opposition team dropped a nuke. It's a bit of a shit killstreak reward admittedly, but they're very few and far between, and it certainly doesnt break a game.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Activision need to get these muppets off the Call of Duty series. Fingers crossed we hear something from the guys that elft Infinity Ward and formed Respawn over with EA this year. Hopefully they'll have another shooter ready to blow this and Activision out of the water.

I agree, who wants Treyarch and their well balanced games when we can have more of this:

6095dae4.gif

This game is a poor mans MW2. I know MW2 had it's problem, although I never had many of them, but it was better than this.

Why have you posted that stupid video aswell, its not genuine gameplay, it's obviously something a MW2 hater like you has put together.

This game is an absolute mess in places, mainly the connection, but Treyarch do nothing. I'm still getting the 'connection interupted' error message appear at the end of games despite there being nothing wrong, and the whole host migration thing is a joke. Far too many games end up finishing prematurely because it, never had this trouble with MW2. Yet Treyarch, who supposedly support their games better than IW just leave it, and decide to **** about with the playlists, which there was nothing wrong with.

I don't care what you say, IW make the better games here, tighten things up and get rid of the boosters etc, maybe tone down some of the killstreaks a little, and make some changes to the weapons as some of them were too powerful/too accurate, and you're done.

COD4/MW2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>WAW/BLOPS

Isn't that what treyarch have pretty much done in Black ops?

[quote="kurtsimonw

I don't care what you say, IW make the better games here, tighten things up and get rid of the boosters etc, maybe tone down some of the killstreaks a little, and make some changes to the weapons as some of them were too powerful/too accurate, and you're done.

So make it more like Black Ops then?

MW2 was ridiculous. The marathon/tactical knife and one man army/grenade launcher set ups, combined with the stupid kill streaks made it far too easy for shit players (like me) to just run round getting really good scores. On the airport map for example, I'd just sit in the room behind the security barriers, using one man army and noob tubes to kill anybody who came anywhere near me. With the grenade launcher you could wave goodbye to any skill, as one landing within a few feet of anybody got a kill. With the ability to have two claymores down at all times, it was also far too easy to cover your back. Then get to 3 kills and just watch as the harrier and gunship got me up to 15+ kills in no time at all.

And if I got bored with that, I'd just leg it round like Linford Christie on smack knifing people.

I had a quick blast on MW2 yesterday and remember why it was so infuriating . Playing domination on Wasteland and my team is killing it 192--85. Next thing you know it's " Enemy nuke incoming " .

**** off IW and stay there ! That game was severely broken . Black Ops is the fairest COD and the best by miles.

I played MW2 a lot, and only a handful of games ended early because someone on the opposition team dropped a nuke. It's a bit of a shit killstreak reward admittedly, but they're very few and far between, and it certainly doesnt break a game.

Nope , it happens a lot more than in just one game .Your experience may differ to mine but I have hundreds of hours clocked up on MW2 and BLOPS and the former has far more flaws than the latter . Why should a dominant team suffer because some douche is camping in a corner gettin killstreaks that in turn gain more killstreaks that then end the game prematurely regardless of the scores ?

Then take into consideration shit like spawn tubing . What's so fun about some dick grenade launching a whole squad from the the other side of the map within seconds of a game starting ?

Then you have the unlimited ammo issues , campers with endless claymores , etc. And the obvious knife beats gun at close quarters farce .

The guns killed far too quickly and you also had the drama with boosters.

Black Ops has much more balanced weapons and requires you to have more skill and tactical play . Killstreaks are less powerful and harder to achieve and the maps are far less camper friendly .

Need I say more ?

The difference in playability is huge and BLOPS is the far superior game to the skill-less mess that is MW2.

Nope , it happens a lot more than in just one game .Your experience may differ to mine but I have hundreds of hours clocked up on MW2 and BLOPS and the former has far more flaws than the latter . Why should a dominant team suffer because some douche is camping in a corner gettin killstreaks that in turn gain more killstreaks that then end the game prematurely regardless of the scores ?

Then take into consideration shit like spawn tubing . What's so fun about some dick grenade launching a whole squad from the the other side of the map within seconds of a game starting ?

Then you have the unlimited ammo issues , campers with endless claymores , etc. And the obvious knife beats gun at close quarters farce .

The guns killed far too quickly and you also had the drama with boosters.

Black Ops has much more balanced weapons and requires you to have more skill and tactical play . Killstreaks are less powerful and harder to achieve and the maps are far less camper friendly .

Need I say more ?

The difference in playability is huge and BLOPS is the far superior game to the skill-less mess that is MW2.

Yea, you'd probably better say some more, because what you've said so far has not convinced me Black Ops is the better game.

Most of the things you mention are just as rife in Black Ops as they were in Modern Warfare 2. Campers, they were all over both games like shit, I was moaning about them in this very thread not too long ago, yet you just said you need to know how to deal with them, but thats not the case with Modern Warfare 2 as it fits your argument right?

I tell you whats broken, the connection in this game, its abysmal, yet Treyarch, who supposedly support their games have done nothing, just released a patch in which they've **** about with the playlists, when they were fine in the first place.

Tone down/ditch some of the killstreak rewards, and balance out some of the weapons, and you're done. You know what aswell, considering it was such a broken game, I bet you all clocked up a fair bit of game time, so it can't have been that bad.

I'm not saying Black Ops is a bad game, but people saying Modern Warfare 2 was a broken mess is bollocks.

Nah it's a broken mess . People saying it isn't is triple bllocks with a side of a vagina . :winkold:

I enjoyed it at the time and it's still a top game but for gameplay it's light years away from Black Ops. You actually have to have skill to do well on Black Ops . The maps and visuals were better on better on MW2 I'll grant you (bar the higher rate of camp spots).

The tactical nuke was THE biggest flaw in my eyes as it shouldn't have been a game ender but that is not a problem on Black Ops as it's not there so FIXED.

Problem 2 ......OMA...........now gone........FIXED

Problem 3 ......Overpowered knives .........far less melee distance........FIXED

Problem 4 .....Spawn tubin ........virtually impossible now .....FIXED

Problem 5 .....Killstreaks beget killstreaks...........Now gone .........FIXED.

Problem 6.......Instant kill guns ..........You can actually take a hit or two and escape now........FIXED

Problem 7 ......Danger Close .............explosives are now nerfed........... FIXED

Problem 8......Quickscoping ............A lot harder and less common.............FIXED

There are more but I have given 8 huge examples of why Black Ops is superior . Throw in the better campaign mode , Fantastic ZOMBIES Option and the fun dead ops and you'd have to be a nutter to not see that Black Ops is the superior game .

OK maybe MW2 isn't "broken" but in comparison to Black Ops it is a bit pooh.

Sorry your connection issues are clouding your opinion , It's shit when it happens ,I know. But to call MW2 better is just 28 days of wrong .

Nah it's a broken mess . People saying it isn't is triple bllocks with a side of a vagina . :winkold:

I enjoyed it at the time and it's still a top game but for gameplay it's light years away from Black Ops. You actually have to have skill to do well on Black Ops . The maps and visuals were better on better on MW2 I'll grant you (bar the higher rate of camp spots).

The tactical nuke was THE biggest flaw in my eyes as it shouldn't have been a game ender but that is not a problem on Black Ops as it's not there so FIXED.

Problem 2 ......OMA...........now gone........FIXED

Problem 3 ......Overpowered knives .........far less melee distance........FIXED

Problem 4 .....Spawn tubin ........virtually impossible now .....FIXED

Problem 5 .....Killstreaks beget killstreaks...........Now gone .........FIXED.

Problem 6.......Instant kill guns ..........You can actually take a hit or two and escape now........FIXED

Problem 7 ......Danger Close .............explosives are now nerfed........... FIXED

Problem 8......Quickscoping ............A lot harder and less common.............FIXED

There are more but I have given 8 huge examples of why Black Ops is superior . Throw in the better campaign mode , Fantastic ZOMBIES Option and the fun dead ops and you'd have to be a nutter to not see that Black Ops is the superior game .

OK maybe MW2 isn't "broken" but in comparison to Black Ops it is a bit pooh.

Sorry your connection issues are clouding your opinion , It's shit when it happens ,I know. But to call MW2 better is just 28 days of wrong .

Absolutely this.

The biggest problems for me were the noob tubes with one man army danger close and commando. Plus the killstreak thing was irritating, far too easy.

Although as far as I'm aware, CBV played a lot of Merc TDM on MW2, and if there is one game mode that wasn't entirely broken, it was that. You still had the no recoil laser guns, but there wasn't the OMA chaos that went on in HQ/Dom/Everything.

I can't say that I've had that many problems connecting on Black Ops lately, it's certainly no better or worse than on MW2. I may be wrong, but I put it down to the shit way the PS3 handles online gaming.

I can't say that I've had that many problems connecting on Black Ops lately, it's certainly no better or worse than on MW2. I may be wrong, but I put it down to the shit way the PS3 handles online gaming.

It's improved dramatically of late but still isn't perfect . The first few months were absolutely shocking on PS3 though .

Right my brother just bought the map packs for PS3 and has let me sign on to his account on my ps3, so that I can get them also. Is there anything I have to do to install properly? Or should it be sweet?

+Brumerican, you got skills mate, we killed it the other night on Headquaters

avfchosk.

Lightweight Pro + Steady Aim Pro + Marathon Pro = Craziness. I couldnt believe how many kills could be racked up with just stabbing people. Ive had a lot of fun doing this the past few days, Ive also pissed off a lot of kids :)

been playing the last couple of nights, the gameplay is much better, the maps im not so sure about yet, nuketown is brilliant though its exactly what i play for run round like a nutter not really knowing whats going on, i also like the pure mode cant remember that being on the others but i for one at least hated the amount of death from above in MW2 it pissed me off

but what i dont like is the credit based system to buy attachments etc much preffered the level system IMO its taken away some of the sense of purpose / achievement from the last game, cant quite put my finger on it just dont think its as good

Right my brother just bought the map packs for PS3 and has let me sign on to his account on my ps3, so that I can get them also. Is there anything I have to do to install properly? Or should it be sweet?

+Brumerican, you got skills mate, we killed it the other night on Headquaters

avfchosk.

I 'd never played HQ before either . I spent the first 5 minutes thinking " What the **** am I supposed to do here ? " :D

Quite like the new maps, really like Berlin wall, cant stand Stadium though! Dont really know why but I never do well on it, think its some kind of mental block, i see stasium is the next map and im alreay going "well im going to do crap here"

Â