Call of Duty: Black Ops

FoFiveKing

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8)

You're top prestige already! How do you do it so quick? Do you just play it a lot of is there a particular game type you play to rack up the xp?

I do play quite alot took just over 8 days to get to 15th. Play Domination and Search mostly.

• 2 weeks later...

I borrowed it from work and wasn't overly impressed with it.

Call of Duty bubble will be driven into the ground inside 2 years imo. Whereupon Activision will throw it on the shit heap.

They made a massive mistake driving out most of the original Infinity Ward staff that produced the games that made the series what it is.

Hopefully the staff that left will have something new to show soon.

I think this is a good game, but still prefer MW2. It's a shame that game wasnt better supported with patchesand more map packs, because you'd still have loads playing it. Instead of churning a game out every year, why not just have one developer (should have been IW), making one game every two/three years, whilst supporting the previous game whilst the other is being developed? I know, money. But it would be better.

I bought a pre-owned copy of MW2 the other day and went online, still a good game, but overrun with quick scoping pricks, you know, the ones with names like xX SnIpZz Xx, ii xX NeoN SnipeR HD Xx ii etc etc.

Looks like the Call of Duty has got some serious competition this year aswell with the new Battlefield also coming out in November and looking good.

New map pack announced for this today, out start of May.

They made a mistake long before that.

The issues they had with Infinity Ward stretch back to them seeing the series as a cash cow and starting to take it away from Infinity Ward. They were miffed about it when they first did it, way back after COD 2. Activision knew it was a money spinner and wanted to have an annual release, so brought in other developers. When COD4 blows that into the stratosphere Activision get even more keen to get the annual iteration and Infinity Ward increasingly lost their shit with Activision. MW2, its been argued, is just a big 1 fingered salute to Activision - see the desperation of play down the COD link in the build up etc etc. Theres even rumours of Infinity Ward pushing back DLC for MW2 to let B:BC2 get the jump.

Bringing Infinity Ward to heel and **** off the top fellas with no standing on ceremony was just the end game of something Activision started themselves with their business model - get the big franchise, milk it until it's dead, dump it. The problem with that is if you have a developer who gives a shit about what they consider their baby, they're not going to like to see that baby being whored out. Worse when that baby is the biggest property in the medium and guys making it know it.

Rubbish game, treyarch just make horrible games. The first Modern warfare is by far the best. Nice balanced maps, a few perks and good killstreaks. Now its just a dump of game ith people just jumping on the hype thinking its a decent game

Each to their own.

I prefer Black Ops and WAW by miles. Neither are without their faults, I'm not saying they're perfect. COD4/MW2 was just full of quick-scoping, it really ruined it for me. COD4 also had ridiculous grenade spamming, you could run around with triple grenades, then Martyrdom which was silly. MW2 obviously had the killstreaks and guns completely wrong from the start and did little to change that. COD4 is miles better than MW2.

People hate WAW, but nothing was over-powered on that game, in my opinion. The knife was completely useless - just how it should be. It played slower than most, so you couldn't just run up to people and knife them before they put enough in you - not gonna happen. Juggernaut/MP40 got alot of criticism, but then the recoil on an MP40 was beyond ridiculous, it's called balance. The different classes actually meant something to and each worked in their own ways.

Black Ops knife is the main negative for me, other than that I'm not really sure what else I can say bad about it.

I dont even need to get into the support issue, IW really didn't do much at all. Glad they've been **** off. They can try and compete with Call of Duty but it's not really going to happen is it? Too many people have played COD now and are used to the way it plays. People would rather just get into a game and play than go through the learning curve of a different game.

I think you place too much faith in unflinching loyalty to the COD franchise. People know when a game starts to lose it's quality, the amount of even quite casual gamers I speak to at work that noticed that Black Ops is a weaker title is hard to quantify. I know that copies of Black Ops outnumber the number of traded in copies MW2 ever achieved at our place, and thats been the case since about a month after release, it doesn't appear to have the sticking power it's predecessor had.

COD will be surpassed and something will take it's crown, or the FPS mastery of the market will bottom out, or Activision will saturate the market and it will stop selling. Lets not forget they have potentially 3 developers attached to (near) future COD titles. They will churn titles out.

And familiarity breeds contempt, of course.

Respawn will release something sooner or later of course, and given their record I wouldn't right them off - COD's dominance is their 'fault' after all. and crucially they've got the intellectual rights this time, they call the shots with what happens to their new baby, whatever it may be (not necessarily a shooter). And I think I'm right in saying in every game those fellas have touched has been **** class.

Black Ops is a very good game. It's got none of the frustrations of MW2, ghost excepted (although even that doesn't particularly bother me - did anyone actually run UAV in MW2?). According to the stats I'm much better at Black Ops than MW2 (2.28 or so in BLOPS - 1.75 in MW2). Black Ops is solid in every way, but I think MW2 is the better game. It's hard to quantify, but I find it more fun. It's smoother, hit detection is better, I prefer the more modern guns (although like the increased recoil in BLOPS), and the killstreaks are more fun to use. The killstreaks in MW2 may be overpowered, but I LOVE that. I'm not challenging for a world title in gaming, I don't care if I'm cheap, I just love killing people online! Oh, and MW2 maps are far nicer to look at, and easier to control.

Overall though I'm bored of CoD, and can't wait for a new multiplayer that will capture the imagination. Maybe Gears 3 will recapture the glory days of the first game. Doubt it though as they want Lancer based gameplay as opposed to shotgun. Also they need to sort out the matchmaking. That's the trouble with CoD, despite it wearing thin it has everything: graphics, great controls, good matchmaking (I know some people have issues, but only Halo has been better for me), maps, gameplay and importantly, the leveling up system. Plus the critical mass of people playing, my mates only play CoD, so that's what I'll stick with as my main multiplayer.

Cod is ruining other FPS, every other FPS is trying to copy COD. Look at Cyrsis 2, why do developers feel the need to add killstreaks?? The first MW was good, there was 3 set Killstreaks.Now you got remote control cars, dogs, all kinds of dumb shit. On the first MW the lack of spray guns made the game good. Activision can churn anything called"COD" people will buy it now and get sucked into the badly made game. Developers need to keep things simple. Reminds me of the first Gears of War, was a great game online, then number 2 they dumbed it down, made some tweaks ans basically ruined it. COD 2 will always be the daddy of the COD franchise

They made a massive mistake driving out most of the original Infinity Ward staff that produced the games that made the series what it is.

Hopefully the staff that left will have something new to show soon.

I think this is a good game, but still prefer MW2. It's a shame that game wasnt better supported with patchesand more map packs, because you'd still have loads playing it. Instead of churning a game out every year, why not just have one developer (should have been IW), making one game every two/three years, whilst supporting the previous game whilst the other is being developed? I know, money. But it would be better.

I bought a pre-owned copy of MW2 the other day and went online, still a good game, but overrun with quick scoping pricks, you know, the ones with names like xX SnIpZz Xx, ii xX NeoN SnipeR HD Xx ii etc etc.

Looks like the Call of Duty has got some serious competition this year aswell with the new Battlefield also coming out in November and looking good.

New map pack announced for this today, out start of May.

I think it was technically a better game, hit detection, things like that(I won't go into the countless flaws, as they've been discussed to death), but they didn't, and really couldn't surpass CoD4. Go and play that, and ignoring the overpowered grenades and sketchy hit detection, it was the best CoD.

I think I'll wait and see on the next CoD, this time last year on MW2 I had played about 8 days, Black Ops is about 4, the CoD idea is just about dead now.

• 2 weeks later...

I was in Gamestation yesterday to pick up a copy of Portal 2. The woman in front of me who was around 40 was clutching a scrap of paper, once it was her turn she squinted at said paper and requested 'an aimbot for Call of Duty for my son' from the assistant. The guy, obviously stifling laughter, explained that they weren't strictly legit and couldn't be purchased from any store. He also told her that her son could be banned for using one, she simply replied, 'well where can I get one as all his friends have them'. At this point I interjected with something rubbish like 'it's no wonder I'm always getting killed then'. She just looked at me.

It annoys me because stuff like this makes the game unplayable, especially when it's being used by an army of squeakers who shouldn't be on the game in the first place!

Â