Call of Duty: Black Ops

FoFiveKing

I'm actually getting alright at this game now. Not Rino good, but good by my shit standards. I've just won 10 games of TDM ina row (a record for me) and had a positive result in all of them. My KD ratio for the month is something like 1.8. I'm still under 1.0 for all time though, as I got wasted over and over again when the game first came out.

But you camp, so your kill/death ratio is going to get higher. :)

It's bad news playing like that, sitting in a room with a shotgun, shooting people in the back as they run by. It's not very fair is it, at least when you run and gun, it's 50/50, you're on a level playing field, where as when you camp, you've always got the edge as your opponent has no idea you're there, so easy kill. Get few kills, move to next spot, rinse and repeat.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been in quite a few games today were a few people have been using grenade launchers. Such a cheap way to get a kill, some people practically use it as their primary weapon. People that want to use it should have a perk taken away or it should carry more of a penalty.

:thumb:

I'm actually getting alright at this game now. Not Rino good, but good by my shit standards. I've just won 10 games of TDM ina row (a record for me) and had a positive result in all of them. My KD ratio for the month is something like 1.8. I'm still under 1.0 for all time though, as I got wasted over and over again when the game first came out.

But you camp, so your kill/death ratio is going to get higher. :)

It's bad news playing like that, sitting in a room with a shotgun, shooting people in the back as they run by. It's not very fair is it, at least when you run and gun, it's 50/50, you're on a level playing field, where as when you camp, you've always got the edge as your opponent has no idea you're there, so easy kill. Get few kills, move to next spot, rinse and repeat.

I play different styles according to the map and the mood I'm in. Have been running round a lot more with either the Ak74 or dual wielding the HS10 shotguns. If I "camp" I like to think of it more as getting into a good vantage point and picking people off from afar, ratjer than sitting in a corner of a roomandwaiting for people torun by. Even then, I don't have a problem with that style of play if that's how people want to play. Grenades, smoke bombs and flash bangs etc are all there to be used if you've got campers holed up, and with Scavenger pro you're going to have unlimited grenades almost. People are free to play online games as they see fit in my opinion.

It's funny that after two months of not touching this game, nothing has changed, I'm not suddenly struggling to do well, or having bad games.

Hit the 5th prestige yesterday, don't think I'll go any further though.

It's funny that after two months of not touching this game, nothing has changed, I'm not suddenly struggling to do well, or having bad games.

Hit the 5th prestige yesterday, don't think I'll go any further though.

with online FPS games it's about knowing the maps, where people go and also the timing of where you meet people I.e. at the start of rounds how far to run before aiming for awaiting enemies etc.

once you know the map and it's key features, then it won't change too much.

I could go back on counterstrike source and in 15 minutes be pawning people on dust 2

There is no map I find completely shit, they all offer something, even Hanoi.

Villa I think is my least favourite, mainly because I rarely do well on it.

Same here.

I love Nuketown, Summit and Firing Range because I run around like a mentalist shooting anything that moves, and most of the action tends to concentrate around a couple of areas.

I like WMD, Cracked and Jungle because I have ace sniping spots in them that always sees me do well.

Havana, Launch and Array I don't mind, as there's good opportunity for a variety of styles of play. Radiation, Villa and Grid I cannot stand. the latter especially, awful map.

Going to try and finish Commado pro perk as soon as possible, but I really resent being forced to play capture the flag to do it.

There is no map I find completely shit, they all offer something, even Hanoi.

Villa I think is my least favourite, mainly because I rarely do well on it.

I seem to hate all snow maps, they just play out awful, the one where you can fall off the sides on either side is the worst for me, just lots of blind corners and choke points, irritates me.

Â