1. 1. Which party gets your X

• Labour
    • Conservative (and UUP alliance)
    • Liberal Democrat
    • Green
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • UKIP
    • Jury Team (Coallition of Independents)
    • BNP
    • Spoil Ballot
    • Not Voting
    • The Party for the reintroduction of the European Beaver

Richard - Based on the opportunity I have been given under a Labour Government, like I've said I am prepared to pay back Society if I have profited from the System. I am not concerned about Immigration, it's being addressed by Labour. We will still be paying the debt back under a Tory Government, it isn't going away. I'm a compassionate guy, I am happy enough to contribute to a fairer Society on all levels and Labour offer that at this moment.

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Awol - Mass immigration has been a problem for people, but it's being addressed by Labour they're introducing a point based system, what more do you want? Why is it a big problem for you?

First off the reason it's been a problem for people is several fold:

Immigrants have flooded the Labour market, keeping wages for real "working class" people artificially low. That is against the interests of the British people and I dislike that unfairness intensely. To be fair many of these people have come from EU member states and have every 'right' to be here, but then we weren't asked about that either (because the politicians knew what the answer would be).

It has put massive strain on public services at the local level where the density of migrants is greatest and has simply not been budgeted for. Therefore British people who have paid an ever increasing amount into the system are getting worse returns in terms of services for that extra investment.

It has not been managed and we now have no idea who is here, that presents security issues in terms of terrorism and other issues in terms of crime. It is acknowledged by the Met and others that organised crimnial gangs have come in from abroad and are heavily involved in prostitution, drug dealing, extortion rackets etc.

Many other none EU migrants come here with little or no skills and are simply a burden on society and the welfare state. I fully agree with society financially helping Britons who are not, for whatever genuine reason, able to help themselves. I don't see why any old chancer from the third world who can cross Europe to get here should then become our financial and social responsibility.

No one has ever asked the public if this (a huge increase in foreign residents) was something they wanted, indeed it has emerged over the last year that Labour expressly hid this part of their agenda in the full knowledge that core Labour voters would reject it.

Immigration is healthy, the policy Labour have run has been chaotic, even malicious. It remains to be seen how effective the points system will be but given that Tractor stat Brown was recently reprimanded for missusing the latest figures to paint a false picture, I'll wait until we have some one able to tell the truth in Downing Street before coming to any conclusions about that.

We will see what happens in the future, it could very well be a Tory Government in charge, lets see how things turn out for all of us.

Given the size of the mess they have to clear up I can tell you now it's not going to be pretty for anyone, but that's not the Tories fault.

Tbf my quality of life has improved significantly since i was a little girl, a hell of a lot of things have improved and no doubt most of the labour bashers in here have benefited from their time in government.

In all honesty I believe convservative politics is out of date in the modern world, I think socielty has become more liberal and i think this is evident in the fact the tories aren't running away with it. No one desires a tory government, they just don't wan't the crrent lot. But in my view they aren't sure why they don't want them, they just feel the need to change. Probably because of Iraq/Expenses/Recession, but really both the big parties backed Iraq, both of them were guilty in the expenses scandal and the recession was IMO out of Gordos hands, it's a global recession and it's petty to pass the blame onto the Gordon, especially as i doubt the tories would have been any different in regards to ''regulating'' bank practices, in fact I wager it would have been just as bad if not worse.

So really, people don't want the tories but they don't really want anyone else either. Party politics is completely out dated and people want change, the best result for everyone would be a hung parliament, maybe not in the short term but definately the long term, in which they (and their die hard supporters) can stop bickering and work together to get the country out of the shit.

Oh, and I'm **** fed up of these pathetic party broadcasts, desperate fear mongering twaats the lot of them.

so, what do you thing would hapopen in that event, with that seat distribution Snowy?

A Labour "coup" to oust Brown and form a coalition govt with the libs?

I think it's rather unlikely but it's more of a possibility than most people would think, I feel.

I agree that we are more likely to see a new different labou leader after the election than not regardless of result.

Tbf my quality of life has improved significantly since i was a little girl,

You are just saying that to get Rob in this thread aren't you?

The thing is, I am not so sure you would want to win this election.

Whoever gets in will result in painful cuts and civil unrest by unions trying to avoid the axe falling on their workers as well as cuts in services etc etc

If it is the Tories it will be the perfect excuse for the opposition to claim the 'nasty party' are back, they will not last more than a term. If it is a coalition government than they will be blamed and we will be back to where we started.

It's not a economic disaster, so be real please.

We have a winner for the understatement of the year contest.

I think the next 5 years (regardless of who gets the top job) will prove that you are just slightly ill-informed on this one.

Moving abroad has never looked so tempting................

But, where to if the situation is global?

To a place that hasn’t got a deficit or a debt that makes it look like the country has just paid fought World War II. Like Australia.

But, where to if the situation is global?

International Space Station? :P

We have a winner for the understatement of the year contest.

I think the next 5 years (regardless of who gets the top job) will prove that you are just slightly ill-informed on this one.

A disaster would be a depression, he has stemmed the situation and he has plans to get us moving, it isn't a disaster IMO.

We will see what happens in five years time, we will see what opportunities are there for all people and how the British economy is fairing by that time.

A disaster would be a depression, he has stemmed the situation and he has plans to get us moving, it isn't a disaster IMO.

We will see what happens in five years time, we will see what opportunities are there for all people and how the British economy is fairing by that time.

Scary

The UK budget deficit will swell this year to overtake Greece, becoming the worst in the European Union, the European commission said today in a stark warning on the eve of the election.

The commission's spring economic forecasts put the UK deficit for this calendar year at 12% of GDP, the highest of all 27 EU nations and worse than the Treasury's own forecasts.

The country's budget shortfall was the third largest in the EU last year but will overtake both Greece and Ireland this year, according to the forecasts. Greece's measures to tackle its public finances problems are seen cutting the deficit there to 9.3% of GDP.

Worries about Britain's public finances – in their worst state since the end of the second world war – continue to unnerve financial markets and analysts are divided over whether a hung parliament will have the clout to rapidly reduce the deficit.

"The first thing for the new government to do is to agree on a convincing, ambitious programme of fiscal consolidation in order to start to reduce the very high deficit and stabilise the high debt level of the UK," said European economic and monetary affairs commissioner Olli Rehn.

"That's by far the first and foremost challenge of the new government. I trust whatever the colour of the government, I hope it will take this measure."

The deficit forecasts are an improvement on the commission's last outlook for the UK but they still paint a gloomier picture than the government itself.

In financial year terms, the commission's forecasts are for a worse deficit than predicted by Alistair Darling at his March budget. In 2010/11 the commission puts the deficit at 11.5% of GDP, compared with Darling's forecast for an 11.1% ratio of public sector net borrowing – the gap between tax and spending – to GDP.

The EU's executive did double its forecast for UK growth this year to 1.2% from 0.6%, in line with a March budget forecast for 1-1.5%. But in 2011 it warns growth will only pick up to 2.1%, significantly below a Treasury forecast of 3-3.5%.

It described a "a slow start to a protracted recovery", highlighting pressures on private consumption, a key growth driver, from employment worries and stagnant wages.

Greece and Ireland this year

wasn't part of the reason the Irish voters were blackmailed into signing the EU treaty that it would give them financial stability ?

What makes you believe a Tory Government will save the Economy? They haven't reveal the full extent of their plans to the public yet, all they have done is hint and talk about implementing a DIY/Big Society, doesn't sound very promising to me.