1. 1. Which party gets your X

• Labour
    • Conservative (and UUP alliance)
    • Liberal Democrat
    • Green
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • UKIP
    • Jury Team (Coallition of Independents)
    • BNP
    • Spoil Ballot
    • Not Voting
    • The Party for the reintroduction of the European Beaver

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes you believe a Tory Government will save the Economy? They haven't reveal the full extent of their plans to the public yet, all they have done is hint and talk about implementing a DIY/Big Society, doesn't sound very promising to me.

One of the issues is that the current government won’t let anyone see the books. No one knows the whole scale of the problem, bar maybe someone in the treasury.

Greece and Ireland this year

wasn't part of the reason the Irish voters were blackmailed into signing the EU treaty that it would give them financial stability ?

It might be argued that they do have more than they would otherwise have had.

I say it might be argued. I'm not sure I would then again I'm not sure it's a very clever argument to have. :winkold:

What makes you believe a Tory Government will save the Economy? They haven't reveal the full extent of their plans to the public yet, all they have done is hint and talk about implementing a DIY/Big Society, doesn't sound very promising to me.

One of the issues is that the current government won’t let anyone see the books. No one knows the whole scale of the problem, bar maybe someone in the treasury.

So how do the Economists know that the Tories' plans will be beneficial to the Economy? Quite strange.

Unless I'm being thick, paddy power reckon a Labour majority at 33/1.

Boylesports offering 50s for a Labour overall majority.

Hmm... I don't really want to be signing up for another site.

I decided backing Labour would be a way of rounding out my balance, so have £2.63 on them, returns £89 odd. Come on Labour! :lol:

Not worth betting on either of my constituencies - Ceredigion is close but only between 2 parties and the odds on the Lib Dem candidate aren't much cop, and Birmingham Perry Barr is pretty solidly Labour meaning little value either. Damn.

So how do the Economists know that the Tories' plans will be beneficial to the Economy? Quite strange.

Because I guess they think they are going to get the economy better? I think also that quite alot of them are rather disillusioned with Brown. Read the Economist; they backed Labour at the last election, now they are backing the Tories. They want to like Clegg, but feel his policies don’t match his persona.

I decided backing Labour would be a way of rounding out my balance, so have £2.63 on them, returns £89 odd. Come on Labour!

i'm sure in the long run a labour victory will more than eat into your £87 odd profit and you will end up losing :winkold:

I decided backing Labour would be a way of rounding out my balance, so have £2.63 on them, returns £89 odd. Come on Labour!

i'm sure in the long run a labour victory will more than eat into your £87 odd profit and you will end up losing :winkold:

And under the Tories I'd probably be even worse off.

;)

But if we all put a fiver on, we can return the winnings to the government as a gift.

from Belize

What makes you believe a Tory Government will save the Economy? They haven't reveal the full extent of their plans to the public yet, .
And Labour have? Despite them being the party of government and having full knowledge of the real mess we are in. I think the IFS saidLabour had left around 85% of their plans unannounced

TBH does anyone care what celebrities think?
Well you would think not especially as Gordon said this morning "this is not an election for celebrities. But then the Labour Party was the one that had an entire election broadcast last night with celebrities in it!!! Double standards there Gordon

Unless I'm being thick, paddy power reckon a Labour majority at 33/1. I'm tempted to have a punt on that.

What the latest polls say?

Overall majority yes. No chance of that happening, it'd need a massive swing.

The best money is just on a majority, which is 7/1. Latest polls are showing a slight Labour majority (despite the Tories being 7 points ahead) and the Lib Dem support falling, if that continues I wouldn't be surprised to see a Labour majority of around 15 seats.