1. 1. Which party gets your X

• Labour
    • Conservative (and UUP alliance)
    • Liberal Democrat
    • Green
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • UKIP
    • Jury Team (Coallition of Independents)
    • BNP
    • Spoil Ballot
    • Not Voting
    • The Party for the reintroduction of the European Beaver

Edit: Then there is claiming for a wreath he laid on Rememberance Day which is uber classy.

Lest we forget..

Oh dear

Boris Johnson = one of Cameron's closest allies and buddies claims for poppy wreath - 16.50

Boris Johnson tried to claim £16.50 in expenses for a memorial wreath while he was an MP, it was revealed today.

That's disgraceful and he deserves a slap for it too.

So Tory tactical voting suggestions in areas such as Scotland is also the same ?

Where are these suggestions mate, any links?

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather than a general election where all of the country goes through this silliness including the Pop Idol debates - why don't we have it like the council elections where only a few seats are up for election every 6 months or so. So effectively we have a rolling election?

No mid term "blips" - no empty General election promises etc?

Rather than a general election where all of the country goes through this silliness including the Pop Idol debates - why don't we have it like the council elections where only a few seats are up for election every 6 months or so. So effectively we have a rolling election?

that would be completely unworkable surely Ian.

rolling general election :shock:

the point was Jon - I think most if not all realise that "promises" made as part of the build up to a GE are at best fanciful ideas. Also what we have seen from this GE is that it becomes a farce in terms of "pop idol" mentality that pre-occupies the media and then is spoon fed to the masses.

In the mean time some very good local MP's will be replaced on Thursday night - probably from all parties - just because of the above, which in turn deprives that constituency of a good hard working MP - which is something that the public are apparently calling out for.

I just think that we have to get more fairness back into this whole election thing if we are going to keep this FPTP system.

ahh the words of of another "hidden" Tory setup - sunlight cops.

Except it has been exposed as just another front for the politically corrupt Guido Fawkes - aka Paul Staines

What does "politically corrupt" mean?

How can Guido be accused of this?

that would be completely unworkable surely Ian.

rolling general election :shock:

Nope - it's a good idea (one I've mentioned a few times ;) )

just have 125 seats up for grabs every May. If a party then makes really stupid decisions (poll tax, iraq war, id cards) then they would be punished relatively quicky, and we wouldn't have to wait 5 years to show our displeasure).

I think a rolling election IMO would necessitate seperating the Prime Ministers Office into a seperate electable office, el presidente style. But I think we need that anyway,

My Sons school have their own election :-)

the Blue party are offering Sit where you like in Assembly , Burger and chips for lunch on Friday and no school uniform for one week

the yellow party are going for the vote winner that is finishing school early one Friday , Pizza for lunch and sitting on a fence and abstaining from key votes * :-)

the red party were in favour of No homework for a week , fish and chips for lunch and fresh fruit for all at break time

the entrance hall was decked out in the 3 colours some info about the (real) election and a copy of the book Pinocchio ..who says teachers don't have a sense of humour

all the children get to vote for their choice , so Friday morning the only result that really matters will be at Hoebridge school ... though the returning officer is Scottish so i expect somehow the tartan party will win

* may not be totally true

I find it interesting that the people now slagging off the current electoral system were more than happy to use it in the last 13 years but now there is a sniff of a Labour defeat they want it changed.

But not half as interesting as last night's election broadcast hosted by Ross Kemp, such stars as DR Legg from Eastenders and Vera Duckworth, almost made me want to change my vote NOT

But not half as interesting as last night's election broadcast hosted by Ross Kemp, such stars as DR Legg from Eastenders and Vera Duckworth, almost made me want to change my vote NOT

I suspect Kemp is driven by the dislike for Murdoch’s right hand woman, Rebekah Brooks. Didn’t she beat him up once? (That was during the Sun’s campaign against domestic violence).

I suspect Kemp is driven by the dislike for Murdoch’s right hand woman, Rebekah Brooks. Didn’t she beat him up once? (That was during the Sun’s campaign against domestic violence).

I think that’s the sort of domestic violence we can all get behind.

Sorry Paul you are wrong - Kemp has been a long time Labour supporter

If you look at this article from 2000 link

he was with Brooks then.

I find it interesting that the people now slagging off the current electoral system were more than happy to use it in the last 13 years but now there is a sniff of a Labour defeat they want it changed.
Maybe you're new here, but quite a few people on here have been going on about revamping the whole system for quite a while now.

They had someone on Radio WM this morning who thinks that unless Labour get an overall majority at the Polls Mr Brown will be a dead man walking.

So if we end up with a hung parliament as it looks likely who will step to the fore on the Labour side of the equation.

Maybe you're new here, but quite a few people on here have been going on about revamping the whole system for quite a while now.

doesn't make them right though :winkold:

doesn't make them right though :winkold:

Indeed - if the age of an idea was of relevance then we'd be be better off keeping the current corrupt centuries old mess that allows a party with 30% to win a majority. But I don't think that was the point Richard was making.

UKSumF.jpg

current seat projection based on

Con 34%, Lab 29%, Lib Dem 27%

giving labout the biggest number of seats .... so folks vote Blue ..Simples

meerkat.jpg

which people are these Trickie? The people or the politicians?

I've always been an advocate of PR and electoral reform.

It was a key pledge in the Labour manifesto in 1997, and one of the reasons i feel so badly let down by them.

Also, it will be one of the main reasons I will be voting Lib Dem.