1. 1. Which party gets your X

• Labour
    • Conservative (and UUP alliance)
    • Liberal Democrat
    • Green
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • UKIP
    • Jury Team (Coallition of Independents)
    • BNP
    • Spoil Ballot
    • Not Voting
    • The Party for the reintroduction of the European Beaver

I think it's fair to say that the use of celebrities by all parties in this campaign as "vote winners" just about sums up their generally low opinion of the electorate as a whole.

In fact, I'm surprised they are even bothering with an election at all.

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Celebrities aren't important yet some people still trot out who is supporting who in a "my celeb is better than your celeb" way. How utterly ridiculous and hypocritical

How many had heard of Cameron before he was "given" the leadership of the Tory party?
You must be getting confused - I'm sure the tories had an election to decide their leader, it was gordon....

Izzard is interesting because you can see he is a very well educated man and from various things that he accomplishes and gets involved with you listen to what he has to say.

I thought that going on about Ashcroft was a bit daft; new Labour loved the donations in the early days and sucked up to any business man they could.

You have lost me Paul. Izzard I have listened to on various occasions, nothing to do with the election. He's a very interesting guy, clever also.

I have no idea why you mention Ashcroft - is he sponsoring you also? :-)

I think it's fair to say that the use of celebrities by all parties in this campaign as "vote winners" just about sums up their generally low opinion of the electorate as a whole.

In fact, I'm surprised they are even bothering with an election at all.

The US goes totally overboard with that side of things.

Its been going on for some time now, remember Kenny Everett and his ill thought out comments re Michael Foot.

I suspect that some times you DONT want the support of certain people. Stringfellow, Paul Daniels, Michael winner, Jonathon King etc

Its funny though you say about bothering with them. As an Army bloke your thoughts on Ross Kemp and his support for the armed services must be at odds then with his support for Labour?

As said people like Cleese were excellent debating political things previously and again I like people like Izzard and Bill Bailey for reasons outside of political allegiance

Personally I couldn't give a toss about who celebs are voting for it is of no importance at all and shouldn't in my view be worthy of news.

I agree - the thing is with it all is how they convey the message I suppose

Tory supporting Frank Bruno for example - can't imagine him being a wow at political rallies. Izzard is interesting because you can see he is a very well educated man and from various things that he accomplishes and gets involved with you listen to what he has to say.

Cilla Black and Jimmy Tarbuck, both declared Tory supporters on the other hand I don't think could keep the interest going for very long

Gary Barlow has been used by the Tory party - what's that they used celebrities? :shock: - never strikes you as the most interesting person. A successful song writer and you can argue that he is good (or bad) in what he does.

John Cleese used to do a lot for the LibDems and was always a good debater on political and social matters.

So in summery:

You dislike the celebrities who support the Tories, like the celebrity who supports Labour and are lukewarm to the celebrity who supports the Lib Dems?

I think I possibly could have picked that :D

Izzard is interesting because you can see he is a very well educated man and from various things that he accomplishes and gets involved with you listen to what he has to say.

I thought that going on about Ashcroft was a bit daft; new Labour loved the donations in the early days and sucked up to any business man they could.

You have lost me Paul. Izzard I have listened to on various occasions, nothing to do with the election. He's a very interesting guy, clever also.

I have no idea why you mention Ashcroft - is he sponsoring you also? :-)

I actually watched what he had to say! I try to keep up despite my increasing years and closeness to being pensioned off...

I actually watched what he had to say! I try to keep up despite my increasing years and closeness to being pensioned off...

I must have missed the "show" that you are talking about - sorry. As said I like the bloke a lot, loved it when he did that show in French and thought his charity thing recently was excellent. His comedy may not be everyone's taste but as a person find him very interesting.

p.s. pensioned off ..... pah - I can have a competition with you on that one :-)

I must have missed the "show" that you are talking about - sorry. As said I like the bloke a lot, loved it when he did that show in French and thought his charity thing recently was excellent. His comedy may not be everyone's taste but as a person find him very interesting.

p.s. pensioned off ......... remember who will hit the elderly harder :-)

Its on then Labour youtube. He comes across ok, but with a strange message. Some of them like Kemp and Robinson are off putting. You wold think with a two times Oscar winner they might use someone with real class...

The Conservatives have bought space on the front page of YouTube for the whole of polling day. It means millions of UK users will see a video urging them to vote Conservative when they first visit the site, the BBC's Rory Cellan-Jones says. A Conservative spokesman said this was the single best piece of online advertising you could buy in the UK, and would reach millions of voters. Throughout the campaign, the party has bought up Google search terms so that users see ads for the Conservatives when they search for political news.
BBC

Surely everyone in the country is voting Tory now. I mean, Simon Cowell said we should in the Tescos value tabloid the Sun so it must happen if the ruler of the universe said so?

Surely everyone in the country is voting Tory now. I mean, Simon Cowell said we should in the Tescos value tabloid the Sun so it must happen if the ruler of the universe said so?

Surely it must be SIR Simon Cowell now ( or on Friday ) ...