1. 1. Which party gets your X

• Labour
    • Conservative (and UUP alliance)
    • Liberal Democrat
    • Green
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • UKIP
    • Jury Team (Coallition of Independents)
    • BNP
    • Spoil Ballot
    • Not Voting
    • The Party for the reintroduction of the European Beaver

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sleep is for wimps ...

been out tonight so catching up in the world of the interweb ..

one story reckons 300 seats might be enough as Sinn Fein won't take their seats and a couple of the Indies will back him

I have my bye bye Gordon Champagne in the fridge bought it cheap of a Man City fan , here's hoping I get to drink it ....

I have my bye bye Gordon Champagne in the fridge bought it cheap of a Man City fan , here's hoping I get to drink it ....

Something that will give us all a hangover for the next 5 years? How appropriate! :lol:

I think in all honesty as long as the tories get more seats than Labour he will be going anyway. The worrying thought for everyone then is who the **** would run the country, and even worse for Labour whowill step in to Gordons shoes.

Despite what Bicks thinks I think I am tempted to vote for Labour because I genuinely feel sorry for Brown. He has been royally **** by Blair who buggered off so his best mate could have a go. I think he passionately wants to do his best fro the country and believes he can get us out of this mess better than the others can. He has been let down by some of his fellow party members and you can bet they will have the knives out ready on Friday morning should he come anywhere but first.

I think the next term of office for whoever gets in could be their one go as the public will punish them for the massive taxes, dirrect and indirrect that they will have to pay, and there is no way a minority government will be able to be as hard as they will want or need to be to start getting us out of this debt.

Something that will give us all a hangover for the next 5 years? How appropriate!

:yawn:

oh ok I'll give you that one it wasn't a bad quip

I think he passionately wants to do his best fro the country

well despite the views of VT I think you'll find the same could be said for Cameron ..and probably Clegg as well ..I'm fairly certain Cameron doesn't wake up , walk to calendar , circle the date and say to himself "Only 1 more day until I can destroy the country" evil laugh

I don't dispute Brown thinks he is the best man , sadly he can't take advice (this is the man who asked for advice on selling Gold , was given it (Don't do it) and then promptly ignored it as he felt he knew best .. , he sulks if he doesn't get his way (stories about a dinner party where he had the wrong seat so refused to talk to anyone and left early) and even now he is kinda going around saying I got us into this mess ,so therefore I can get us out of it :shock: With delusion like his a career in the church would be his best bet

TBH he is close to being mentally unstable , he *allegedly* was on medication for it (and may *allegedly* still be for all we know)

no if you want to give Brown your sympathy then put him out of his misery and vote him out of office ..if he was your pet dog he would have had a one way trip to the vets by now

sadly he can't take advice (this is the man who asked for advice on selling Gold , was given it (Don't do it) and then promptly ignored it as he felt he knew best .. , he sulks if he doesn't get his way (stories about a dinner party where he had the wrong seat so refused to talk to anyone and left early)

He must be a woman........really its the only answer that makes sense.

Once the election is over we've just all got to remember we are on here as Villa fans first and foremost and look forward to a long summer of thin pickings in the transfer threads.

I'm up and out early in the morning so it's a vote before work. I'm quite lucky in all this fudge and evasion as I'm voting for someone that is a friend and has been for years so I happen to know the twaddle he's spouting now is the same twaddle he's honestly believed since he was a kid. Luckily its similar to the twaddle I believe. So at least I know he cares and isn't repeating party line shit for an easy job.

Vote early vote often folks.

I can’t speak for everyone on this forum, neither can I persuade people to vote like me, nor would I want that to happen; I think that’s one of the beauties of Democracy in this Country we can all debate our differences freely and educate each other with these differences, so we all get a better understanding of the Society around us. I have already learnt so much from these forum debates on VT, I have a better educated perspective from the experience of different views, I appreciate and enjoy the diverse engagement with other posters.

I’m a first time voter, who comes from a working class background and I am immensely proud of my culture and the principles of my background. Has it influenced my political view? Of course, but I try to look at all the political parties fairly and see which offers Society a better deal. I’m not one of these people who will begrudge a wealthy person his right to earn that wealth and prosper in Society, I support the hierarchy structure in this Country as it gives everyone a chance to operate within it, obviously it’s a bigger challenge to start at the bottom of the pile and that’s why there should be support from the Government to give every child a fair start in life and then the impetus is on the individual to find a direction for themselves. I’m happy enough to pay my contribution to Society with my money going towards bettering the living standards for all people in this land. I genuinely want a fairer Country not a selfish, self serving one.

I don’t fancy a Conservative Government; my concern is the cuts in the Public Sector and placing the emphasis on the Private Sector, not all of us can financially afford different choices and this is why we need a strong Public Sector to protect and serve the less fortunate, and plans to reduce spending on this area can lead to a serious gap from the Rich to the Poor, other serious consequences would arrive from this poverty gap. And that is a major issue for me, it may not be for people who live in a wealthy domain but I’m sure anybody with a compassionate heart would be worried by this also. David Cameron keeps mentioning that big businesses back his vision for the Economy, I admit this worries me a lot as it shows him siding with big bosses, bosses who earn a rich wage and they certainly won’t care for the people below them. He also keeps alluding to “waste” but never clearly defines what he means by this, I have my suspicions about his “waste” and I fear the worst for the lower paid people in these big companies. From my perspective the Tory blueprint is one which embodies: The rich, bigger social divides, shirking Public responsibility and allowing social standards to suffer for the cause of greed. My ancestors worked hard for this country and hard for social reform over the last hundred years, we shouldn’t abandon our years of fighting for a better future for all Society; we should keep fighting for equality in Society until the last beat of our heart, and we should leave our descendents a better Society to flourish in and hope they will continue the work of their predecessors.

I’m voting Labour because I believe in their values, morals and policies of creating a better Society for me and the people around me. I’m not Anti-Tory, I just believe they will neglect their state duties and leave many people to suffer in poorer areas of the Country. I really do hope when I look back on this Election the right outcome has succoured towards a better future for Society in this Country.

The Sun...lol, pathetic excuse for a paper.

nice to see the Mirror playing the toff card .. 13 years of labour and they have nothing positive to say ?

PS

does that mirror photo make him look like Michael Schumacher or have I been up to long ?

http://www.politicshome.com/uk/article/8828/front_pages_thursday_6_may_2010.html

Tomorrows newspaper front pages. The Sun...lol, pathetic excuse for a paper.

The Mirror are worse. Waging a dirty class war is a typical Labour tactic. Sure, attack him on his policies or whatever but playing the toff card is just pathetic and shows their desperation. Only idiots care about what kind of background the prime minister comes from.

Rather than a general election where all of the country goes through this silliness including the Pop Idol debates - why don't we have it like the council elections where only a few seats are up for election every 6 months or so. So effectively we have a rolling election?

that would be completely unworkable surely Ian.

rolling general election :shock:

If there is going to be a directly elected HoL, I can think of worse things than making it PR (if the Commons remains FPTP) with fixed terms and, say, a third of the seats contested every other year.

Voting at 7am before getting the train to uni. To be honest I now wish I was voting in my uni constituency as its a Lab/ Lib Dem marginal and I know Labour will get in Perry Barr anyway. But Its my last two months at uni so I thought it was right to vote where I'd likely be at for the next five years. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if Labour in Leicester South lost out by one vote though...

nice post avfc89 , of course there is much i don't agree with in it but it's an honest and open minded post

don’t fancy a Conservative Government; my concern is the cuts in the Public Sector

haven't all 3 said the same .. Darling was even saying it back in Jan

we should keep fighting for equality in Society

with the rich v poor divide increasing , in some regards would you not say that Labour have failed in the past 13 years then

but I’m sure anybody with a compassionate heart would be worried by this also

not intentional i'm sure but we seem to be back in the territory of Tories and or the wealthy have no compassion ..not everyone who has done well for themselves did it by running a sugar plantation in the West indies or sending children up chimneys .. Compassion doesn't have political boundaries

I’m voting Labour because I believe in their values, morals and policies of creating a better Society for me and the people around me

funny enough I'm voting Tory for exactly the same reasons ...

Btw something I've noticed just by Facebook etc, the majority of Uni students seem anti Tory. And a lot are voting Lib Dem. I predict Libs to do well in constituencys with large student numbers in them, if they bother to vote that is...

the majority of Uni students seem anti Tory

think it traditionally has always been that way .. my college invited the Labour MP in and made it compulsory to attend .. ( I publicly walked out within seconds of him starting :-) it wasn't politically motivated I just didn't agree with the fact it was compulsory and that no other MP got invited in to talk to the students

Interestingly Sam Cameron was rumoured to have voted labour when she was younger ..as one commentator put it "How she voted in the past is her business, after all when people are young and immature they tend to vote Labour"

but I put it down to the fact that Students don't live in the real world :winkold:

It's very improbable that Labour will keep their majority. However, I'd say it's also quite unlikely that the Conservatives will win enough seats to get them a majority, unfortunately. This all points to a hung parliament and we all know what that means - Brown stays, nothing gets done and the Lib Dems get even more cocky and arrogant.

the majority of Uni students seem anti Tory

think it traditionally has always been that way .. my college invited the Labour MP in and made it compulsory to attend .. ( I publicly walked out within seconds of him starting :-) it wasn't politically motivated I just didn't agree with the fact it was compulsory and that no other MP got invited in to talk to the students

I put it down to the fact that Students don't live in the real world :winkold:

All of NUS top dogs are Labour. Although a quick wiki search shows that this has often been the case