1. 1. Which party gets your X

• Labour
    • Conservative (and UUP alliance)
    • Liberal Democrat
    • Green
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • UKIP
    • Jury Team (Coallition of Independents)
    • BNP
    • Spoil Ballot
    • Not Voting
    • The Party for the reintroduction of the European Beaver

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

indeed .. i distinctly remember all everyone talked about under the last Tory government was banker bonuses after the banks had just collapsed

oh wait ...

Walked by a Conservative election poster this afternoon. Someone had thoughtfully added 'Bonus bankers are Tories'.

Spot on.

have you been living in antarctica or something for the last 2 years?

Walked by a Conservative election poster this afternoon. Someone had thoughtfully added 'Bonus bankers are Tories'.

Spot on.

have you been living in antarctica or something for the last 2 years?

When you see how these people who contributed so much to the economic problems supporting the Tory party of course you link the two!

and here

then you see this Tory councillor = faces hedge fund debt probe

more and more

Just been having a look at my constituency, which is a new one thanks to the Boundary Commission, Sefton Central. It's all a bit odd in terms of what people expect.

and according to Wiki:-

This seat will be fought for the first time at the 2010 general election.

Eleven of the constituency's twenty-one councillors are Conservatives, followed by the Liberal Democrats who have ten. Share of the vote based on the 2008 local election in these seven wards is: Conservative 42.3% Liberal Democrat 34.2% Labour 18.1%. However local election results do not always have a direct bearing on general election results.

Analysis by Colin Rallings and Michael Thrasher indicates that had the Sefton Central constituency existed in 2005, the result would have been: Labour 45.6%, Conservative 33.6%, LibDem 19.2%, a Labour majority of 4,950.

Something really isn't right there, the analysts appear to be talking out of their huge bottoms

#

1859: A Conservative activist in Peterborough has been arrested over alleged postal voting fraud. Cambridgeshire Police say their inquiry is focused on 150 votes for the local council elections. The man, who is believed to be a low-ranking member of the Conservative branch in Peterborough, has been released on bail. The Conservative Party say the man has been suspended.

I'm positive that in all parties there is the possibility for fraud with these postal votes (Beaver voters also!). Even if you go in person tomorrow what is to stop you turning up with other people's voting cards. Is this just a case of we trust British fair play but are happy to comment and condemn about others elections?

#

1859: A Conservative activist in Peterborough has been arrested over alleged postal voting fraud. Cambridgeshire Police say their inquiry is focused on 150 votes for the local council elections. The man, who is believed to be a low-ranking member of the Conservative branch in Peterborough, has been released on bail. The Conservative Party say the man has been suspended.

I'm positive that in all parties there is the possibility for fraud with these postal votes (Beaver voters also!). Even if you go in person tomorrow what is to stop you turning up with other people's voting cards. Is this just a case of we trust British fair play but are happy to comment and condemn about others elections?

it says on the back of my card you don't have to have it in order to vote, but it helps get the process done quicker.

Perhaps all you need is name and address and some form of ID in that case?

seems strange you can just turn up, state name and address and vote.

No ID necessary, as far as I'm aware. Save for NI, I believe.

I really don't think there is much evidence of widespread fraud in voting at the ballot box. It's postal votes where there seems to be a problem.

No ID necessary, as far as I'm aware. Save for NI, I believe.

I really don't think there is much evidence of widespread fraud in voting at the ballot box. It's postal votes where there seems to be a problem.

I think the bigger problem with fraud arises after the election is over, as with expenses.

Well after reading this topic fom page 1 I am afraid that Drat has convinced me the tories are evil and the lib dems are a party with no chance of power so I am left with the unenviable option of voting labour..................................

Looking into my constituency as per my post above got me wondering, how many seats have changed as dramatically as mine? And how many will be predicted completely wrongly as a result?

Well after reading this topic fom page 1 I am afraid that Drat has convinced me the tories are evil and the lib dems are a party with no chance of power so I am left with the unenviable option of voting labour..................................

Somehow I doubt that being a very truthful post tbh.

...the tories are evil...
Often acknowledged as the 'nasty' party; not usually evil though.

...the lib dems are a party with no chance of power...
True. With the first past the post system I think the Lib Dems would need 40%+ to win a majority of seats; highly unlikely.

Despite the polls suggesting the Tories falling short of an overall majority, I still think they may just get one. They always do a couple of percentage points better than the polls; something to do with some voters not admitting to vote Tory as it's seen to be selfish.

Ant colonies are successful across the world because they work better together, not just looking after themselves as individuals.

I think I've made my mind up for this Thursday.

Bicks you cannot have truth and politics in the same topic.

you can have Posting for Effect though

A politics thread on VT wouldnt get passd page 2 without someone trying it.

Anyone know what the options are in Halesowen and Stourbridge.

On a seperate issue I am amazed that I havent seen a thread on here concerning how Dudley Council have done a u turn on The Super Mosque since the EDL threatened to come back every fortnight.

So its mob rule in Dudley then...

Bicks you cannot have truth and politics in the same topic.

you can have Posting for Effect though

A politics thread on VT wouldnt get passd page 2 without someone trying it.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a post where someone has said something they don't believe to be right just for effect and to cause an argument, which is exactly what you've just done.

Consider this me posting with my moderators hat on for once. If I or any of the other mods see that again, there will be consequences