Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

20 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Pointless having play available until 7:30 if we can only bowl **** spin

I don't agree. Root has been our most dangerous bowler and  moeen is causing Green a lot pf problems too 

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Not sure there’a going to be any more play, I’m in Warrington and it’s been raining constantly now for 30 odd minutes or more, fairly sure it’s moving from here across to old Trafford 🥴

Yes I'm further north  in lancaster and its raining here too 

Didn’t expect any play today so that big wicket is a bonus and we’ve rattled through to almost having the new ball available. We’ll probably have to bat again though.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

I think Stokes made a mistake sticking with Broad and Anderson too long who looked no threat and bowled Root be ause he had to. Wasted how many overs there. Could had had another couple of wickets 

Prediction:  we just about get enough play to win the game in gripping fashion and level the series.

Then next week at the Oval gets completely rained off and Australian retain the Ashes.

• Haha 2

Ward, Butcher, Nasser saying the outfield is pretty dry but inspection is at 11. A sport that just loves wasting time.

Oh, and not forgetting the ridiculousness of light meters. Do some research and set a benchmark of light for certain bowlers rather than just a feeling. Load of bollocks.

Edited by Milfner

If test cricket is to survive there needs to be a contingency plan for this type of scenario. There's no reason at all why an extra day cannot be scheduled if a whole day is lost to rain. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

An extra hour on the first 3 days and this could have a result. Cricket really has some modernising to do. 

Yes that's another thing. Why the cut off point at 6-30 if the 90 overs haven't been bowled in the day. 

21 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes that's another thing. Why the cut off point at 6-30 if the 90 overs haven't been bowled in the day. 

I do think the over rate of 15 will just never happen tbh, it should be knocked down by 1 at least but then add 15-20 to each session and have a longer tea. 

Pitch inspection at 12:15 and then lunch at 12:20 until 1pm. So even if it passes, we lose time that we could play during for an arbitrary break. Ridiculous sport. 

Â