Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

I read that Ricky Ponting is ill; great cricketer and sincerely hope he recovers. But .. he is co-author of "The Australian Book of Sportsmanship"; written on ths back os a postage stamp !

24 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

That's a very bold declaration - Pakistan will definitely feel they can win this.

Absolutely. Strange decision when there's so much time left in this test with a flat pitch that favours the batsmen

Live by the sword you die by the sword.

I don’t have an issue with the declaration irrespective of the outcome in the next couple of hours. England have proved that in order to win the match they needed to declare when they did, draws mean nothing to this team whereas in the past plenty of England teams would have happily batted until some time earlier today and securing a draw. 

Still time to win this, just need a wicket in the next few overs.

seamers bowling us to victory potentially. On a day 5 pitch like this is madness. Still got three to get, in probably about 45 minutes to an hour but blimey. We aren't losing it now as they're going for the draw.

There really is something special about this group (easy to say of course after the events of today and the last 12 months).

I have to hold my hand up and eat some humble pie because despite it being the only and obvious choice at the time, i had misgivings about appointing Stokes as captain, but he’s been magnificent really in terms of his leadership and strategies.

Watching the players on the verge of being emotional in the post match interviews really sums up everything that’s great about this team, they play for each other and it’s evident. They won’t win every time particularly when declaring so aggressively but these really are halcyon days for English cricket.

Â