Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

So new S3 and One X converts. How are you finding the screen size ? Benefit or too big?

I love it! Can see so much more, it looks glorious and watching things on it makes me very happy.

Benefit for sure.

I had a go on the Iphone 5 today and the screen difference is very minimal, unless of course you rotate onto the side. But that is still very minimal.

I still had to pinch and zoom to be able to read web pages, I tried a few BBC, TechRadar and others I use a lot - and it is so much clearer and easier on my S3.

I made the right decision.

By the way are there any more decent games? NSS is awesome but I travel a lot (train, bus, ferry) and really want a decent selection of games. I love RPG, tower defence type games (annoyed EA have no decent games, would also love Peggle and Plants Vrs Zombies).

Well Samsung would be the best of the skinned oems with Android updates. The S2 which is 18 months old now will get Jellybean update in November which means it'll have got updates from 2.3 to 4.1 and will run the latest software when it's 2 years old.

Came out six months after my Nexus S, gets Jelly Bean six months after my Nexus S. :D

Oh, and @Denjo, Fieldrunners is a good tower defence game. The Kairosoft games are all good fun too, if a little formulaic. The first one you play will probably be the one you enjoy the most. For me that was Game Dev Story, but you might prefer Grand Prix Story or PL Story.

I downloaded PL story and Game dev story yesterday :) already played game dev on Iphone so knew it was fun, as soon as I saw the PL one I jumped on it :)

Will give Fieldrunners a go, nice one :)

Btw guys, how do I check for updates on my S3?

It's upgrade time... S3 or Note 2? Decisions decisions.

I use my phone more as a texting/email/interweb browser than a phone so the Note is edging it, but may be too big?!

The agony of.choice.....

It's down to personal choice re the note 2 or S3. The note will fit in your pocket fine, so don't worry too much about the size unless you wear tight jeans. Ha
:D

Not with my arse no. It wouldn't be fair to the females (or the gheys)

I may go note purely because I used to have a Nokia 5800 with a stylus and loved it.... plus the s pen functionality seems pretty good. I think if I get an s3 I'll just feel like Ive settled....

Anyone got any cool live wallpapers?

I'm rocking the Zelda Gate of Time one at the moment, but I get bored quickly :)

(Gate of TIme one is really cool if anyone's interested. Although it doesn't scroll with my homepage which it seems to do on other devices)

Looks like the nexus rumours are heating up. Samsung going to make it an annual thing releasing a modified Galaxy S3 as the Galaxy Nexus 2. While HTC seem to be delivering that mental 5 inch 1080p Nexus phone.

It looks like Google are giving the nexus branding to oems who run stock android on their devices.

If these rumours are true it's great news for Android.

Â