Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Is there a way of doing that automatically every night?

In the four and a half months I've had my S3, I've never tried! I think you can on JB though.

Alternatively, if you go to Settings > Display > LED Indicator - you can knock off the LED altogether. :thumb:

In the UK 3G access isn't as consistent as it should be (at least rurally), and our data plans are still relatively expensive (on contract). So if I relied on 'the cloud' for music, I'd struggle to get an internet connection when I wanted it and it could cost me a lot to stream. In a car for example, it would be impossible.

I liked what I saw of the LG Nexus but I can't rely on 8GB storage.

4G is very expensive on launch too, but I'll admit I have no idea what the coverage will be like.

Those are also basically true in the US as well:

21972_large_Coverage_LTE.png

AT&T (top), Verizon (bottom) (Verizon's 3G though is barely faster than EDGE)

The map is over a year old, though...

I just keep getting 'access to the software update service is provided to users in the order wh,ich they request it. Try later'

Snap

Is there a way of doing that automatically every night?

Conor has suggested 2 apps in the past that would probably do it.

One that customises what your LED specifically does.

And one that sets up various tasks to happen automatically (turn off WiFi at certain times, for example) so I'm sure turning off notifications would be on that.

Bit of a useless post as I can't remember the name of either, but I'm sure he'll be along soon to give you the names.

Conor?

I tried out llama, Atooma is much better. Download it and under the mobile commands is the light sensor. Set it to off. Then choose the time.

Atooma is a far more powerful and better user iinterface than llama. Though I know you just stick to what you know Rev. I've ditched tasker for Atooma now.

I personally think you should just automate 3G and wifi off at night and back on in the morning. That will stop notifications but allow calls to get through.

Light flow is a great app for customising the led light and what notifications it responds too and what colour.

Also new JB peeps on the S3. Get "Battery Widget Reborn", then joy at the expandable Notifications.

Plugged the S3 into Kies and battled, but now got JB.

It helps the S3 a lot, it's now as smooth as the Galaxy Nexus is with Butter. Some nice new widgets and features. Definitely worthy upgrade. The S3 doesn't seem as bad anymore and I'd be happy to have it as my phone.

Wow, and we forget how much sheer money Samsung actually make.

Apple quarterly profits. 36bln revenue, 8bln profit.

Samsung 47bln revenue, 6bln profit.

I never knew they were that close. They make that much per quarter. Amazing. Shows how insignificant that 1bln judgement actually is. It's pocket change. It's less than 5% of Samsungs annual profits. Plus I'm sure there is a tax avoidance method here too.

Amazing App alert.

Ever been abroad and wanted to access iplayer but can't. Well then Tunnel Bear can help. It's the simplest vpn app out there. I tested it with RTE player and it works a treat.

You need Flash of course so no using Chrome.

Still no jellybean for me on T-Mobile, and for some strange reason I don’t have the option to update OTA

I'm on T Mobile.

Haven't checked today, but yesterday I was getting that queue message that everyone else was getting.

Is the Galaxy SIII mini worth considering, or am I better off with the full sized version?

I wouldn't consider the S3 mini. So many phones better than it if you are in a budget. HTC One S for example or Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

The S3 is the best Samsung phone they could make. The mini is a phone made to a price.

I wouldn't consider the S3 mini. So many phones better than it if you are in a budget. HTC One S for example or Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

The S3 is the best Samsung phone they could make. The mini is a phone made to a price.

Cheers for that mate. Budget isn't the concern (actually the S3 is now 345 quid unlocked over here in the UAE), just wondering if the specs were roughly similar.

So used to the size of my Blackberry that the S3 will be a big leap.

Â