Man City Goalkeeper situation

mrbojangles

should Man City be allowed to sign a goalkeeper outside of the transfer window?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. should Man City be allowed to sign a goalkeeper outside of the transfer window?

• Yes
    • No

Just been looking on the BBC and it looks like Man City are going to be given special treatment to sign a goalkeeper. Is it just me or does anyone else think this is slightly unfair, the way I see it dont leave yourself short incase something like this happens. If they had no keeper at all I could maybe understand but they have a keeper so make do. Any thoughts?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/8644269.stm

I don't think it's right. but it's happened plenty enough times before for it to actually be unfair to City if they weren't allowed to, imo. Which is why I voted Yes.

The difference is clubs usually bring in emergency loans to be back up, City will probably bring in some world beater to be first choice for 3 games.

City will probably bring in some world beater to be first choice for 3 games.

who is going to release a world beating keeper to citeh for 3 games? :?

They would probably have to go abroad, and that is always big risk IMO, in the GK dept.

Either way, in all of this, Citeh are much, much weaker.

I don't think it's right. but it's happened plenty enough times before for it to actually be unfair to City if they weren't allowed to, imo. Which is why I voted Yes.

The difference is clubs usually bring in emergency loans to be back up, City will probably bring in some world beater to be first choice for 3 games.

Who is there available though that would take up the offer of 3 games?

Surely all world beaters have a place in a team already no?

Apparently according to the BBC their request is going to be granted.

Bull shit if you ask me, they shouldn't have loaned out their other keeper if they were worried about having to draft someone else in, they took the risk.

This.

I don't see the big hoo har. Would anyone care if this was happening to Wigan or Bolton.

The way I see it, Cit-eh are going to be severely weakened regardless as they will not be able to loan anyone even remoitely close to Given's level of ability.

Â