Man City Goalkeeper situation

mrbojangles

should Man City be allowed to sign a goalkeeper outside of the transfer window?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. should Man City be allowed to sign a goalkeeper outside of the transfer window?

• Yes
    • No

Manchester City have multiple goalkeepers on their books.

Manchester City also have a reserve and youth team, what is the point in having a reserve and youth team if not for back up to the first team players, are they trying to say they literally have no other goalkeeper available? That this Nielsen guy has, for the past few months been both reserve and youth goalkeeper, I think not.

I wouldn't go as far as to call it a travesty if they're allowed to sign someone and/or force Hart back, but it would be another sign of how weak the Premier League actually is, particularly in the face of super rich arabs.

I agree I think it stinks.

We were allowed to do it once, having No.1 and No.2 keepers out, I think we still had Robert Olnic or what ever his name was in the squad, plus other reserve players.

However, what wouldn't be right, is been able to bring in another teams first choice keeper.

We were allowed to do it once, having No.1 and No.2 keepers out, I think we still had Robert Olnic or what ever his name was in the squad, plus other reserve players.

However, what wouldn't be right, is been able to bring in another teams first choice keeper.

If Olnic (spelling?) had a first team squad number then we should have been forced to play him.

People trying to compare our situation to Man City are living in cuckoo land. Man City have Stuart Taylor back from injury, he has resumed training this week, they also have that Faroe Islander. We had Sorenson/Taylor out, We had Olenik a youth team keeper. The point i am making is Man City's keeper is not a youth player he has played World Cup Qualifiers, its bad management from Man City who threw money at every player and failed to strengthen their GK department. They sold Kasper and loaned Joe Hart to Birmingham, leaving Given/Taylor/Nielson as 3 GK's. They will now be allowed to bring an England International arguably having a better season than Given to their team. Its completely wrong!

If Olnic (spelling?) had a first team squad number then we should have been forced to play him.

I went on a search and found a few sources that indicated shirt number 25 for Olejnik. Nothing official though

People trying to compare our situation to Man City are living in cuckoo land. Man City have Stuart Taylor back from injury, he has resumed training this week, they also have that Faroe Islander. We had Sorenson/Taylor out, We had Olenik a youth team keeper. The point i am making is Man City's keeper is not a youth player he has played World Cup Qualifiers, its bad management from Man City who threw money at every player and failed to strengthen their GK department. They sold Kasper and loaned Joe Hart to Birmingham, leaving Given/Taylor/Nielson as 3 GK's. They will now be allowed to bring an England International arguably having a better season than Given to their team. Its completely wrong!

I dont think they will be allowed to bring back Hart, I just cant see the Premier League allowing it.

The Premier League will allow it, for crying out loud, they bloody allowed Tevez and Mascherano to play for West Ham. Remember all that rubbish they gave to Villa when we tried to sign JPA. Were outsiders for the Champions League, if Man City pull this off, i can see a certain twitch face complaining.

The Premier League will allow it, for crying out loud, they bloody allowed Tevez and Mascherano to play for West Ham. Remember all that rubbish they gave to Villa when we tried to sign JPA. Were outsiders for the Champions League, if Man City pull this off, i can see a certain twitch face complaining.

Which would be the funniest thing to happen of them all.

My memory is shocking so I don't remember the JPA stuff to be honest. You are right on Tevez and Mascherano, I just cant see them letting Hart go back and I really hope I am right. :D

I think loans between teams in the same division should be stopped.

Why?

Not disagreeing, Im just not aware of too many disruptions!

And you could argue that transfers between teams in the same division should be stopped.

Its simple

Does Joe Harts loan agreement allow him to re - join Manchester City under such circumstances?

If Yes: Then fine

If no: Then no

The FA need to grow a pair of balls and practice the rules they set out, whichever team is involved.

Why?

And you could argue that transfers between teams in the same division should be stopped.

Its simple

Does Joe Harts loan agreement allow him to re - join Manchester City under such circumstances?

The FA need to grow a pair of balls and practice the rules they set out, whichever team is involved.

Because loaned players can't play against their owning clubs which means that the rich clubs by definition have an advantage as they can loan players to smaller clubs who can play against the rivals of the big clubs but not against their owning club.

For instance Man City to own and loan 4 keepers to smaller Premier League clubs which means that for 8 games a season they would be playing sides forced to field reserve keepers.

You might counter and say it unlikely and granted it is but Man Utd had two out on loan at one time I believe.

I'm not sure why you say transfers between sides in the same league is the same thing as it clearly isn't.

Why?

Its simple

Because loaned players can't play against their owning clubs which means that the rich clubs by definition have an advantage as they can loan players to smaller clubs who can play against the rivals of the big clubs but not against their owning club.

For instance Man City to own and loan 4 keepers to smaller Premier League clubs which means that for 8 games a season they would be playing sides forced to field reserve keepers.

You might counter and say it unlikely and granted it is but Man Utd had two out on loan at one time I believe.

I'm not sure why you say transfers between sides in the same league is the same thing as it clearly isn't.

I see what your saying and maybe there should be a limit to the number of loans you are allowed in the same division. And perhaps even a limit to the terms of each loan agreement (which im sure there is anyway).

But there is some good to come out of it.

Joe Hart will be very unlucky not to make the WC squad as a result of his loan. Something that wouldnt have been possible if he had stayed at City or been loaned to another division.

Incidentally, when Arsenal's two first-choice keepers were both injured earlier in the season they brought in Mannone (who is less experienced than Nielsen is) and had Wojciech Szczęsny on the bench who had never played a first team game in his career before.

If Nielsen were out, then fine - the precedent is there to bring in an emergency loan. If he's isn't, then it's not.

They've apparently signed Fulop, which is slightly better than recalling Hart, but frankly I still don't think they should have been allowed to. They have the Faroe Island guy in the squad for a reason, I'm assuming it's not to make the place look pretty.

Â