1. 1. Which party gets your X

• Labour
    • Conservative (and UUP alliance)
    • Liberal Democrat
    • Green
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • UKIP
    • Jury Team (Coallition of Independents)
    • BNP
    • Spoil Ballot
    • Not voting

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

every so slightly off topic

who would win in a mini war?

an army of badgers or an army of beavers?

Depends if it was day or night, surely?

dusk!

I am going for broad day light. Down by the river. I reckon other animals would join in on the side of Beaver.

I think some of the comments towards Thatcher on here say more about the people making them than the ex PM

Yes, I'm sure it does, I'm sure it says we were old enough to be alive and have to live through the evil **** witches evil reign of terror, single handedly trying to destroy the fabric of the country, selling off its major assets to raise money to pay for illegal wars and fund her private army (AKA the Police Force)

When she dies that grave better be **** huge and flat and if they could install disco lights it might help too

I think some of the comments towards Thatcher on here say more about the people making them than the ex PM

Yes, I'm sure it does, I'm sure it says we were old enough to be alive and have to live through the evil **** witches evil reign of terror, single handedly trying to destroy the fabric of the country, selling off its major assets to raise money to pay for illegal wars and fund her private army (AKA the Police Force)

When she dies that grave better be **** huge and flat and if they could install disco lights it might help too

Do I detect a note of hostility towards the Baroness? But seriously, illegal wars, WTF?

Ok Illegal acts (Belgrano?) in a war she positively encouraged, and that for one reason alone, to save her skin in a wave of jingoistic patriotism

The Argies invaded our turf and started a war. We sunk their main capital ship because it could have threatened the landings and killed many hundreds of our people. I find it very odd that people perceive attacking the other team during a war as somehow wrong.

There was nothing illegal about sinking the Belgrano and if they hadn't invaded they'd still have their ship. Do you think they cry about having sunk HMS Ardent, Sheffield, Coventry, Antelope or the Atlantic Conveyor and killing our sailors or bombing a load of Welsh Guardsmen on the Galahad? Do they ****. I despise this handwringing bullshit, it was a war and we did what we had to do to win, simple as.

Ok Illegal acts (Belgrano?)
Yeah, sinking a cruiser that had orders itself to engage British vessels was clearly an illegal act.

There's many things to blame Thatcher for, but the sinking of the Belgrano being an illegal act isn't one of them. When the captain of the cruiser itself has said that it was a valid target and had orders to fire upon the British Navy you're pissing in the wind trying to argue that one.

So the saviour Nick Clegg wants the UK in the Eurozone doesn't he? Well what stunning judgement he has:

Greece calls on €45 billion EU-IMF rescue

This could mark the beginning of the unwinding of the whole European currency project, particularly if Italy, Spain and Portugal go the same way as Greece. Who in the Eurozone can afford to bail the whole lot out?

Brown is a liar and a word removed but stopping Blair from taking us into the Euro was his major positive contribution to the UK.

So the saviour Nick Clegg wants the UK in the Eurozone doesn't he?

I'm sure I heard him say only the other day that yes he does want us in the Euro eventually but now clearly wasn't the right time

Just because one country has financial difficulties as part of the Euro and it's suddenly the worst. Using that same flawed logic then I Top Trump you with Germany

What is the right time?

If now isn't then it's arguable that we should never be in. Are there any assurances that the situation we're in now isn't going to be repeated? You can't just join when the time is right and guarantee that things will stay like that. Things will change, and then suddenly the time will be wrong to be in it, and we'll be up shit creak without a paddle because then it's too late to go "you know what guys, we didn't really think this through!".

Guest Ricardomeister

I'm sure I heard him say only the other day that yes he does want us in the Euro eventually but now clearly wasn't the right time

Correct, and if I heard him correctly, he would put it to a referendum first.

I'm still to see the full programme from last night but next debate is the economy and I'm pretty certain he'll verbally get rogered senseless over his Euro advocacy.

I don't think (but based only on reading about this over the past twelve months or so) that the Euro will even be around in a few years time.

On a programme on Channel 4 I just heard Cameron say twice he is an Aston Villa fan.... now I heard this before but seriously, how did that happen? They are now talking about Cameron losing the vote of Birmingham and West Brom fans and the guy is saying Newcastle fans won't vote for him because we pinched James Milner. Classic :D

Just because one country has financial difficulties as part of the Euro and it's suddenly the worst. Using that same flawed logic then I Top Trump you with Germany

That isn't my logic at all so not sure how you reach that conclusion, I'd clearly said that a combination of Greece plus the other PIGS countries going the same way could sink it. Ironically it's likely to be Germany (as the main source of any bailout plans) that would pull the plug.

On a programme on Channel 4 I just heard Cameron say twice he is an Aston Villa fan.... now I heard this before but seriously, how did that happen? They are now talking about Cameron losing the vote of Birmingham and West Brom fans and the guy is saying Newcastle fans won't vote for him because we pinched James Milner. Classic :D

Google tells me he is the son of a former Villa Chairman, well that is news to me.