1. 1. Which party gets your X

• Labour
    • Conservative (and UUP alliance)
    • Liberal Democrat
    • Green
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • UKIP
    • Jury Team (Coallition of Independents)
    • BNP
    • Spoil Ballot
    • Not voting

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to be fair with all the badgers I see around Warwickshire getting the 4 wheels treatment I don't think there is a need for the cull.

They cause terrible damage to the car as well.

indy article on badger culling

The Independent Scientific Group on Cattle TB, or ISG, was set up following a 1997 report from a senior zoologist, Sir John Krebs (now Lord Krebs) of Oxford University, one of Britain's leading animal behaviour experts. Krebs felt that the link between badgers and TB in cattle was clearly established. He said: "The sum of evidence strongly supports the view that, in Britain, badgers are a significant source of infection in cattle. Most of this evidence is indirect, consisting of correlations, rather than demonstrations of cause and effect; but, in total, the available evidence, including the effects of completely removing badgers from certain areas, is compelling." However, he said, it was not known how effective different strategies for killing badgers – partial removal, total removal – might be in reducing bovine TB infection in any given area, and whether they would be cost-effective (for they would certainly be expensive). To explore this, the Randomised Badger Culling Trial (RBCT) was set up, costing £34m, lasting a decade, and taking the lives of about 12,000 badgers in different parts of Britain.

And what did it conclude?

That culling wasn't the answer.

£34m on the Randomised Badger Culling Trial (RBCT)......

Cartman: seriously you guys.... seriously

but to claim Cameron won it is hilarious, i'd love someone to investigate that.

I've seen about 6 polls .. some have a tie with Clegg and Cameron , Some say Clegg won , some say Cameron won ..I know Murdoch has some media influence but I don't believe he controls the whole world just yet

I've not looked at the Mirror but I can be assured they will say Cameron came last by a country mile .. should they be investigated as well ?? or is it only papers that showed Cameron winning that must be investigated ??

Tonyh29: I agree the Mirror is just as much a rag but Murdoch is well known to influence party politics here and in Australia, and i find it just a tad treacherous that a very wealthy foreigner influencing British Politics in such a damming way as Murdoch does, but maybe thats just me and it being St Georges day :winkold:

I didn't see the debate and don't read newspapers but saw a bloke from the Daily Mail on breakfast TV this morning who stated that a 'winner' was difficult to call and that Brown had performed well.

Given what I have read on here about the Daily Mail I was quite surprised.

They then cut to Kevin McGuire of the Mirror, who was scoffing at the Mail guy and calling him 'Tory Boy'. I found the guy completely rude and he made himself look an idiot to boot.

but to claim Cameron won it is hilarious, i'd love someone to investigate that.

I've seen about 6 polls .. some have a tie with Clegg and Cameron , Some say Clegg won , some say Cameron won ..I know Murdoch has some media influence but I don't believe he controls the whole world just yet

I've not looked at the Mirror but I can be assured they will say Cameron came last by a country mile .. should they be investigated as well ?? or is it only papers that showed Cameron winning that must be investigated ??

Tonyh29: I agree the Mirror is just as much a rag but Murdoch is well known to influence party politics here and in Australia, and i find it just a tad treacherous that a very wealthy foreigner influencing British Politics in such a damming way as Murdoch does, but maybe thats just me and it being St Georges day :winkold:

I didn't see the debate and don't read newspapers but saw a bloke from the Daily Mail on breakfast TV this morning who stated that a 'winner' was difficult to call and that Brown had performed well.

Given what I have read on here about the Daily Mail I was quite surprised.

They then cut to Kevin McGuire of the Mirror, who was scoffing at the Mail guy and calling him 'Tory Boy'. I found the guy completely rude and he made himself look an idiot to boot.

I wouldn't expect anything less from the Mirror. I wouldn't be surprised if they photoshop clegg and cameron sharing a biffter before May 6th.

they have said exactly that, and i think its a fair point. each paper has their own agenda.