What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

With or without this story, he's still a greedy word removed and I don't want him to play for my club.

You reckon Milner is the only greedy word removed at Villa?

Dream world.

Where did I say that? :?

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With or without this story, he's still a greedy word removed and I don't want him to play for my club.

Dream world.

So you think all Villa players are greedy word removes? But you want them to play for us?

Dream world.

So you think all Villa players are greedy word removes? But you want them to play for us?

No, I didn't say that either.

I'm confused Jez, and can't be bothered to get into this with you, or get this thread locked, so I think we'll leave it here.

Does anyone find it odd that despite saying nothing since the end of the season, having been quoted on absolutely nothing at all, that Milner has descended from Cult hero to Hate figure.

We dont actually know anything of Milner's actions, just Heresay. Ofcourse i do believe Oneill when he said that Milner stated that he wanted to leave, but there is a vast spectrum of ways in which Milner could have gone about his actions.

Does anyone find it odd that despite saying nothing since the end of the season, having been quoted on absolutely nothing at all, that Milner has descended from Cult hero to Hate figure.

We dont actually know anything of Milner's actions, just Heresay. Ofcourse i do believe Oneill when he said that Milner stated that he wanted to leave, but there is a vast spectrum of ways in which Milner could have gone about his actions.

Stop trying to apply common sense to the debate. Hang him, I say! ;)

We're not fickle....

Football is unbelievably fickle full stop. And I believe we are all culprable. My view on Stephen Ireland has changed (not massively, but it has changed) just because we are linked with him. While I dont hate James Milner by any stretch of the imagination, Im certainly not bragging about him like I was a few months back. Come October, if he stays and plays well, Ill probably be bragging about him again. Part of the game I think.

Of course it makes it much more pallatable for Milner to have done the dirty on us and leave than for us to be selling arguably our best player to a team that is better than us.

The PR machine is out in force

I don't think any of the fans would begrudge us selling to Man City if the price is good.

The PR machine can spin 'we took Man City to the cleaners and the club will benefit from his sale' much more easily than try to make it look like a player 'did the dirty on the club'. If we get 25m for Milner, and for that get in Stephen Ireland and 2-3 decent squad players then I don't think anyone will really hold the club to blame.

Of course it makes it much more pallatable for Milner to have done the dirty on us and leave than for us to be selling arguably our best player to a team that is better than us.

The PR machine is out in force

This is a silly remark. Of course the club is going to put its spin on things, but the fact is Man City could turn the heads of 99 % of all players, if not 100 %.

It has little to do with our spending power compared to other clubs.

Dream world.

i doubt theres a player that wouldnt move to City, our club or any. No one will turn down the money they can offer.

kaka

difference being that Kaka still took astronomical wages but somewhere else.

Dream world.

i doubt theres a player that wouldnt move to City, our club or any. No one will turn down the money they can offer.

kaka

well apparently they offered him £500k a week or something equally stupid.

also he could have gone there and got way more than what he gets are real.

he was chasing prestige not money. In fact didn't Milan sell him for a mere £35m?

Dream world.

kaka

he was chasing prestige not money. In fact didn't Milan sell him for a mere £35m?

Im pretty sure he went to real on the basis that he was going to be paid a shed load of cash as well. Just like AC Milan probably paid him at the time anyway.

If we take money out of the equation I think it's fair to say that James Milner knows as well as we all do that he hasn't got a chance in hell of winning the Premier League with Aston Villa but if he goes to Man City it's probably just a matter of time.

Sure he might want lots and lots of money (and since he already has lots and lots of money that's just greed) but he's going for football reasons too.

Dream world.

kaka

Im pretty sure he went to real on the basis that he was going to be paid a shed load of cash as well. Just like AC Milan probably paid him at the time anyway.

i doubt it, if it was purely about cash he would have joined city. he got offered over double what real were paying him.

Tax rules are different in spain though, alot less than here, so kaka can be on far less than at city but in reality not that far off

I always thought that kaka looked at it and more or less said im not exactly poor so why be greedy? Wish more of them would