• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After Barry went, there was a section of level headed supporters who still appreciated his efforts, applauded him at the end of the Villa park encounter - despite perhaps berating him during the game. Barry will still be thought of fairly fondly by those who followed his Villa career from beginning to end, and he is still very respectfull to the club, and was so after he left (remembering the letter to the press), regardless of his perceived intentions at the time, money or otherwise.

However, I think this transfer saga has all the makings of a rather more sour affair. There could be some real Cambell-esque hatred eminating from this whole episode, and rightly so in my opinion. Milner has fallen through the complete spectrum of popularity from unqualified fans' favourite, to possibly the most hated player this Millenium (see what i did there?!).

After Barry went, there was a section of level headed supporters who still appreciated his efforts, applauded him at the end of the Villa park encounter - despite perhaps berating him during the game. Barry will still be thought of fairly fondly by those who followed his Villa career from beginning to end, and he is still very respectfull to the club, and was so after he left (remembering the letter to the press), regardless of his perceived intentions at the time, money or otherwise.

However, I think this transfer saga has all the makings of a rather more sour affair. There could be some real Cambell-esque hatred eminating from this whole episode, and rightly so in my opinion. Milner has fallen through the complete spectrum of popularity from unqualified fans' favourite, to possibly the most hated player this Millenium (see what i did there?!).

That means you neatly avoided comparison with St*ve F*ck*ng H*dg*

Haha if im being honest i think im a little too young / ignorant to fully appreciate the whole Steve Hodge affair.
Wash your mouth out!! Go back and edit his name with asterisks for Gods sake!

Oh sh*t! I've just realised that in quoting you I've left his name indelibly imprinted on VT even if you do go back and edit. Oh the shame of it! :oops: :cry:

Hurry up and **** off Milner, you're boring me now.

Can't wait to boo you and put you off your game like we did with Barry.

cant wait for Dunne or King Carlos to crunch the little bollox..

And put the greedy little word removed out for the rest of the season.

Hurry up and **** off Milner, you're boring me now.

Can't wait to boo you and put you off your game like we did with Barry.

cant wait for Dunne or King Carlos to crunch the little bollox..

And put the greedy little word removed out for the rest of the season.

I'd go more career tbh,the greedy prick

I'm not buying this story for one minute. It just sounds like such a fantastic load of bollocks.

MON would not have stated there was an injury and that there was no progress with Milner's situation if there was anything else to it.

This really is dragging on though isn't it..

It MUST be having an effect on our other players and it is also looking highly likely it is hindering any potential transfers..

Warnock was on SSN or somewhere the other day and he was asked about it. He didn't look too bothered about it as long as we got a good deal.

I think this needs sorting for out transfer funds (or lack of) more than anything else.

This really is dragging on though isn't it..

It MUST be having an effect on our other players and it is also looking highly likely it is hindering any potential transfers..

Warnock was on SSN or somewhere the other day and he was asked about it. He didn't look too bothered about it as long as we got a good deal.

I think this needs sorting for out transfer funds (or lack of) more than anything else.

Thanks Hanky,

It does make me wonder though that whenever a Villa player is interviewed on SSN, the main question they seem to ask our players is regarding the JM transfer saga.

Rather than players players bigging up our pre-season preparations and profiling themselves in front of the interviewer, they are having to constantly deflect the attention away from Milner instead.

This must have some effect on them surely?

I agree it is just making the right noises.

Ian Taylor was just on as well saying he didn't want Milner to go but £30 million is a lot of money, the usual. Think staying is probably past now unless a fee cannot be agreed.