What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

I'm not buying this story for one minute. It just sounds like such a fantastic load of bollocks.

MON would not have stated there was an injury and that there was no progress with Milner's situation if there was anything else to it.

Agree with this!

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think the Milner story of not playing is true but I still want him out of our club as soon as possible.

His lack of respect for Villa fans is a disgrace. Not one comment from him. If he wants out all he has to do is say it and people will respect his opinion even if they dont like it

I dont think the Milner story of not playing is true but I still want him out of our club as soon as possible.

His lack of respect for Villa fans is a disgrace. Not one comment from him. If he wants out all he has to do is say it and people will respect his opinion even if they dont like it

Maybe he learnt something from the Barry saga.

Er well id rather him say nothing at all rather than start giving press releases or interviews saying how much he wants to play for Man City etc.

Do you not remember Barrys News Of The World interview disaster?

I dont mean go to NOTW like Barry did. I mean a statement on official site or press conference with MON to state his intention.

The Milner camp is very quiet on this situation which is strange

I dont mean go to NOTW like Barry did. I mean a statement on official site or press conference with MON to state his intention.

To say what ?

I like Villa but now want to go and play for Man City and i hope its all sorted .

Don't see how that would do him or anyone any favours

Hi guys. Been viewing this thread for a while now. Some of your oppinions on my beloved Man City have varied from genuinely amusing to the hilariously ridiculous. It apears you are in the majority of the agreament that you just want an end to this long and drawn out saga. I'm in 100% agreement there.

In terms of the deal itself. There has been a lot of debate here about who holds the cards. I reckon neither side holds all the cards here. He's a Villa player and if you are not prepared to lower your £30M price tag at any cost then City will have to simply accept that. I certainly can't blame you for standing your ground. its fair enough.

However City are adament that they will not pay anywhere near that for Milner. I reckon the lad in total realism is probably worth the £15M mark. Add into that the "City Factor" and £20M would probably be fare if a bit silly. However the question for Villa is whever or It is more beneficial to keep a decent young player or get £24M to bring in 2 or 3 decent players?

Then there is the Stephan Ireland factor. A player who (just like Milner) is an undeniabley superb talent who has only really had one great season (again just like Milner). I know it's probably not what you guys want to hear but Ireland actualy doesnt really factor into the deal. He will stay at City at least until after Christmas to see how many games he is playing then he will probably sit down with City and discuss his future. I see him being at City for many more years. Mancini wants 2 top class players for every position Given/Hart.....Richards/Boateng...Tevez/Balotelli.....Milner/Ireland.... Silva/Johnson.... Yaya/Barry etc etc

Personaly i'd like us to move on and go for someone else. Everyones happy then right?

Well it cant do any worse as by looks of it fans have turned on him already and might get his transfer done quicker

Not really. He was here throughout the entire Barry saga and knows to keep quiet about demanding a move.

He obviously wants a move though. And he's still a greedy word removed.

which is precisely the way they should be behaving

our manager should take note

In what way? MON is playing the straightest bat possible by saying he doesn't know anything and it's not his decision.

However City are adament that they will not pay anywhere near that for Milner. I reckon the lad in total realism is probably worth the £15M mark. Add into that the "City Factor" and £20M would probably be fare if a bit silly.

A player who was bought for 12 million and has since become an regular England international. An international who Capello himself said England would likely build around. Add to that he won the young player of the year last year and you reckon his value has gone up 3 million?

C'mon now who is being silly? I agree he isn't worth 30 million but I certainly feel in the present market his value is at aroun 22-24 million for anyone but Man City.

I have got anything against City ;they have got lucky so all the best to them. But to think one of the most marketable young English players has risen just 3 million in two years with his success is more than joke.

Hi guys. Been viewing this thread for a while now. Some of your oppinions on my beloved Man City have varied from genuinely amusing to the hilariously ridiculous. It apears you are in the majority of the agreament that you just want an end to this long and drawn out saga. I'm in 100% agreement there.

In terms of the deal itself. There has been a lot of debate here about who holds the cards. I reckon neither side holds all the cards here. He's a Villa player and if you are not prepared to lower your £30M price tag at any cost then City will have to simply accept that. I certainly can't blame you for standing your ground. its fair enough.

However City are adament that they will not pay anywhere near that for Milner. I reckon the lad in total realism is probably worth the £15M mark. Add into that the "City Factor" and £20M would probably be fare if a bit silly. However the question for Villa is whever or It is more beneficial to keep a decent young player or get £24M to bring in 2 or 3 decent players?

Then there is the Stephan Ireland factor. A player who (just like Milner) is an undeniabley superb talent who has only really had one great season (again just like Milner). I know it's probably not what you guys want to hear but Ireland actualy doesnt really factor into the deal. He will stay at City at least until after Christmas to see how many games he is playing then he will probably sit down with City and discuss his future. I see him being at City for many more years. Mancini wants 2 top class players for every position Given/Hart.....Richards/Boateng...Tevez/Balotelli.....Milner/Ireland.... Silva/Johnson.... Yaya/Barry etc etc

Personaly i'd like us to move on and go for someone else. Everyones happy then right?

£15m? Hahaha. On your bike son. We paid £12m for an average winger from Newcastle who is now identified as one of Englands best potential future stars, who will replace Lampard or Gerrard.

Get realistic

Then there is the Stephan Ireland factor. A player who (just like Milner) is an undeniabley superb talent who has only really had one great season (again just like Milner). I know it's probably not what you guys want to hear but Ireland actualy doesnt really factor into the deal. He will stay at City at least until after Christmas to see how many games he is playing then he will probably sit down with City and discuss his future. I see him being at City for many more years.

Well if Ireland is not in the Man City 25-man squad in Spetember he is unlikely to get added to it in January.

There is no way Stephen Ireland would be happy playing just the odd cup game and a few Europa league matches. If he misses the 25 he'll be out this window.

Irelands comments about staying to Jan window was couple weeks back when only Sunderland shown any official interest.

Anyhow just like Dunne i'll doubt hell get much say over when and how leaves .And Mancini dont rate him that much otheriwse whys he adding another odds and sods collection to midfield.

Either way be very suprised if Ireland is still a Man City player come transfer window closed.