• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the things that annoys me most about this Milner situation is, that only about 6-8 months ago Milner was singing MON and Villa's praises. He was basically saying how playing for a settled club with a settled manager, not a manager conveyor belt like at Newcastle, was improving his game. Now 6 months down the line, Man City wave a wad of cash at him and those thoughts leave his mind, the manager conveyor belt won't be a problem for him anymore, because let's face it Mancini will probably be fired by Christmas if they don't look like getting Champs League.

Footballers eh, imo you can't believe a word that comes out of their mouths.

Totally agree and thats how the Villa management feel !

Quite right.

Once again, this makes good reading. Time flies I guess.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/621018/JAMES-MILNER-ENJOYING-THE-QUIET-LIFE.html

someone posted something similar around the time barry agreed terms with citeh along the lines of "i want champions league football and if villa were in the cl i wouldnt dream of leaving the club"

shame because it means that no matter how genuine the player seems, you still cant believe a word they say

Happy Harry is saying Milner deal is the key to ignite the summer transfer market. In other words he is probably saying once Milner goes they'll have money off us for Keane to bring someone in.

Milner deal key to transfer market - Redknapp

I wish he would just shut his fat candle melted fat face. Ugly clearing in the woods.

It's common sense to do dealings close to the end of the window as it could save you millions of squid.

Hardly any team has got anybody of note, excluding Man City and maybe 1 or 2 others. It has been quiet mainly because of the WC, players are just returning and getting back into their stride.

I don't expect Milner to be a Villa player next season, I will miss him. I also expect better things from the money we will earn from the deal.

Glaston, tell me, what have Spurs done so far this window?

... Milner ... how exactly is he ove valued? Man City were willing to splash £24m on Lescott and if you comapre his performaces against Milner then you will see Milner is fully justified with our valuation.

That's all very well in the abstract, but the concrete reality is:

(a) Villa's transfer strategy this summer is dead in the water until the situation is resolved, because otherwise you won't even know for sure whether Mllner needs to be replaced and you won't - it seems - have lots cash to spend unless he is sold.

(B) If he isn't sold now, his price will likely drop for January or next summer, and in the meantime you'll be left with an unhappy, frustrated player.

To be honest, City have you over a barrel. They could sign anyone out of plenty of alternatives to Milner if needs be, they know you could do with the cash, they know Milner wants out, they know his price will drop if not sold this summer, they know the damage the situation is causing to your transfer strategy ... so they don't need to hurry. I don't imagine it would bother them in the slightest to keep stringing you along until the very last moment, and then pull out altogether and sign someone else instead.

Holding out for 30m is very risky and I'd guess you won't get it.

As much as I hate to say it, you're spot on with your analysis mate. it's my opinion that we need the money more than they need Milner. It wouldn't be so bad if we were in the psotion we were in a year or two, where the outgoings of the club covered the wage bill, but now that isn't the case, and it's clear we have to reduce the wage bill, then I'm afraid we're not in a very strong bargaining position.

I'd give them Milner for £12m and Stephen Ireland. That way, we get rid of a player who doesn't want to be here, we get £12m to buy a decent striker, and we keep Ireland out of the clutches of teams like Spurs, who I think he'd be superb at under Harry Redknapp.

... Milner ... how exactly is he ove valued? Man City were willing to splash £24m on Lescott and if you comapre his performaces against Milner then you will see Milner is fully justified with our valuation.

(a) Villa's transfer strategy this summer is dead in the water until the situation is resolved, because otherwise you won't even know for sure whether Mllner needs to be replaced and you won't - it seems - have lots cash to spend unless he is sold.

(B) If he isn't sold now, his price will likely drop for January or next summer, and in the meantime you'll be left with an unhappy, frustrated player.

To be honest, City have you over a barrel. They could sign anyone out of plenty of alternatives to Milner if needs be, they know you could do with the cash, they know Milner wants out, they know his price will drop if not sold this summer, they know the damage the situation is causing to your transfer strategy ... so they don't need to hurry. I don't imagine it would bother them in the slightest to keep stringing you along until the very last moment, and then pull out altogether and sign someone else instead.

As much as I hate to say it, you're spot on with your analysis mate. it's my opinion that we need the money more than they need Milner. It wouldn't be so bad if we were in the psotion we were in a year or two, where the outgoings of the club covered the wage bill, but now that isn't the case, and it's clear we have to reduce the wage bill, then I'm afraid we're not in a very strong bargaining position.

I'd give them Milner for £12m and Stephen Ireland. That way, we get rid of a player who doesn't want to be here, we get £12m to buy a decent striker, and we keep Ireland out of the clutches of teams like Spurs, who I think he'd be superb at under Harry Redknapp.

id go with you on that one..

I agree with this analysis also, but i doubt Villa think they'll get £30m, they'd probably settle for something like £27m.

From Sporting Life transfer centre:

1348: Villa nut 'Cool Hand' Luke Daw reckons he has the inside track at Villa Park. "I've got news on James Milner. A £21m fee has been agreed plus Stephen Ireland. You heard it here first." That flies in the face of what MON was saying this morning, but we'll see.

1348: Villa nut 'Cool Hand' Luke Daw reckons he has the inside track at Villa Park. "I've got news on James Milner. A £21m fee has been agreed plus Stephen Ireland. You heard it here first." That flies in the face of what MON was saying this morning, but we'll see.

if that was the deal id be over the moon,but Man City know we dont have the money so wont offer anything more than they already have..

We might as well post those ITK from BBC 606 or whatever its called.

.... You aren't a "friendly visitor" youe about as friendly as herpes ....

Sunshine, it's you that coming on strong with the insults.

You have your first competitive match in just 12 days time: I (and others on here) said many weeks ago that the worse case scenario for Villa was a long-drawn out situation which would lock your transfer dealings in limbo-land.

A frozen transfer strategy is part of the price Villa are paying for holding out for 30m. If you are going to support the 30m hold-out, then you might at least accept the reality of the damage and risk which comes with it.

But no, it seems you choose to stick your head in the sand and the pour vitriol on me for when I say that the tide is coming in and has already drowned much of Villa's transfer window.

So carry on pretending that City don't hold most of the cards in this situation .... it's no skin off my nose.

Whats keeping your transfers in limbo land then Glaston?

Value for money, and that doesn't happen until the panic at the end of the transfer window these days. Even the mighty cockerel has to get value for money eh GS!

I`d be very surprised if this was true.

I`d be very surprised if this was true.

and me! I can still add up even at my great age and MC currently value Ireland at 11 or 12 million, that makes an offer price of 32/33 MILLION for Milner. Man C are daft, but not that daft.