• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

totally agree, randy has never denied us the money and it seems he has back MoN whenever asked and believe he will continue to. but its good business sense to get rid of the surplus before bring more in, and is why no matter what happens i think we will always be a stable club.

There is no point whatsoever in keeping him, unless he signs a new contract. If he doesn't then he would just be off next summer for half the price, thus losing us money and leaving us in a worse state then. Now is the time to get rid unless he pens a new longterm deal.....

I think that if he stays we should get him to sign a new contract with a clause that if someone offers more than £20M for him then he can go next year if he wants. This at least means we have lost no money on him from this year?

How Man City have conducted themselves seem to be the norm if you look at how they conducted the deals with both Lescott and RSC-Unsettle a player and get him to more or less put in a transfer request and then pay 6-10 million more than the initial price.

Why would he sign it? Players would think if i go for say 12Million, i potentially get a bigger signing on fee to bridge the gap. Footballers are essentially businessman in their own right these days.

Gets a pay rise, buys back some goodwill from the fans?? (I know good will is not as good as money in the bank) Recieves a nice little percentage of the fee if he is sold?

Why would he sign it? Players would think if i go for say 12Million, i potentially get a bigger signing on fee to bridge the gap. Footballers are essentially businessman in their own right these days.

Of course they are, not to mention their agents looking for their cut also.

How Man City have conducted themselves seem to be the norm if you look at how they conducted the deals with both Lescott and RSC-Unsettle a player and get him to more or less put in a transfer request and then pay 6-10 million more than the initial price.

Agreed, after all money is not really an issue with them so they can just take as long as they like and if the worst comes to the worst they'll just pay whatever it takes to get their man in the end, I still think it's more to weaken their closest rivals rather than to strengthen their already impressive squad, in short they're ruining any sense of fair play left in the game, this being said what's to stop another rich Arab buying another club, nothing I suppose, it's happened before and it will most likely happen again..

Agreed, we all know that this little Judas "mark 2" is as good as gone anyway so I'd like to see it over and done with so we can get are new signings done and dusted as it's becoming more and more obvious to me that MON's whole transfer strategy is based around this sale, I just hope Ireland is part of any deal that is done.

So you are lining up 'Judas' mark 3 in the same deal? :)

Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill has said Manchester City are not prepared to meet the Midlands club's valuation for midfielder James Milner.

In May, City had a £20m-bid rejected for Milner, 24, who held "amicable" talks with O'Neill on Monday after earlier indicating he wanted to leave.

"The latest state of play is that Manchester City have gone as far as they want to," said O'Neill.

"We'll wait with baited breath on that one, myself included."

Reports have suggested City are unwilling to pay more than £24m for the England international, with Villa believed to be holding out for £30m for a player who cost them £12m from Newcastle United in August 2008.

"I think the owner puts a price on players. Of course, he will have an idea on the price," explained O'Neill.

"Negotiations are being conducted by the Villa chief executive [Paul Faulkner] and the owner and I will be guided by them."

Milner returned to full training with Villa on Monday after being granted an extended summer break following his involvement in the World Cup with England, where he played in three of his country's four matches.

He did not take part in Villa's 2-1 friendly win over Walsall on Tuesday but is set to fly out to Portugal with the squad on Wednesday for the Guadiana Cup, featuring Benfica and Feyenoord.

The transfer window closes at the end of August and if Milner does remain at Villa Park, O'Neill is sure the player's professionalism will shine through.

"There is no question that James Milner will continue to give his best if the deal doesn't go through," added O'Neill.

"James loves playing and last season played when others wouldn't.

"That is why I have no concern in regard to his character and involvement with Villa."

The ongoing transfer saga echoes that which resulted in Gareth Barry eventually swapping Villa Park for Eastlands in June 2009 in a £12m deal.

Manchester City have splashed out more than £80m this summer already, prompting many to tip Roberto Mancini's outfit for a Premier League title challenge this season.

BBC

Why do people think Milner will go for half the price next year? Barry's fee went down from £18m to £12m with a year left on his contract, plus he was a lot older than James.

I don't reckon we'd sell him for less than £18m next year even, probably more. And that's fine by me.

they are trying to play hardball, i dont understand why milner wont sign a new deal with us. why not say look james we revived your career and we wnat wnats best for the club, sign the contract so you get more money and if you still want to go next summer, then fine. this keeps all partie shappy you leave and we get more money for you as a club, as next season your valuation will drop.

i dont see why milner wouldnt do that, he will earn more for this season