• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need to get this done quickly imo so we can get a replacement in, every game is crucial.

Yup thats true.

Set the price to City and see if they pay it, god knows if not.

Plays out his contract?

If what MM says is true we wont be doing any swap deals...

:?

geez even Doug Ellis gave a net spend of 4 million.

I guess money is tight the last few seasons.. we need to sell to buy straight off the bat.. even though we have lots of sponsors season tickets etc.......

something has to fund the stadium upgrade.

Ah well.. Milner can be replaced.. we were always going to sell.. MON needs to buy players.. Flamini for 5-6 million (rumoured) .. and Milner leaving for 25 Mil.

Wed get the better player IMHO.

He isn't even the 2nd best.

youngs croosing the last couple of seasons has been poor IMO. after he has spent 5mins dancing with defenders the opposition have 6 guys behind the ball and the cross comes to nothing. Jm (again just my opinion) is far more dangerous.

Ive said it before. Ash Young is the best crosser in the premiership for me. They just look shite as our strikers have the killer instinct of a pea

Completely agree, yes he mis-hits one or two. Check out Lennon and Walcott for how not to cross.

Bigger players have left before,

This is how I see it. We've lost better players in the past, we'll move on and another player will become fans favourite. If we can get £25-£30m then it will be great business for the club and allow us to build again.

I just hope we don't waste £8-£10m of our Milner funds on Scott Parker. I'm hoping that is a diversionary tactic while we line up bigger targets.

I really don't understand this by Milner.

He has repeatedly said he likes it at Villa because there's stability, then why go to City where there's no stability at all. Can't see him developing all that much at City to be honest. Poor move for him IMO. Apart from the money, it's a terrible move because I can't see him fitting in the City line up.

Bad news for Villa and England IMO.

my opinion of milner has just gone through the floor, i thought he would've stayed tbh.

I can't see why he wants to go play for a team that has an already overcrowded midfield (apart from the money of course) and i don't understand why we are going to sell our best player to a team that have been fighting for the same league position as us.

Just don't make any sense..

whilst im sure money is a factor, he is also going to play for a club that realistically have a chance of challenging for the title and playing alongside some of the best players in europe. To be fair to City they are showing ambition, read the threads and see the players were linked with. Its frustrating i know but to say you dont understand his reasons for leaving is just blinkered.

He isn't even the 2nd best.

youngs croosing the last couple of seasons has been poor IMO. after he has spent 5mins dancing with defenders the opposition have 6 guys behind the ball and the cross comes to nothing. Jm (again just my opinion) is far more dangerous.

Ive said it before. Ash Young is the best crosser in the premiership for me. They just look shite as our strikers have the killer instinct of a pea

Completely agree, yes he mis-hits one or two. Check out Lennon and Walcott for how not to cross.

It would appear that Mancini's waiting game is paying off. I'd say if Milner has said he wants to leave then Villa's negotiating position has weakened and the asking price has dropped accordingly.

Oh, great. :(

Football can **** right off for me at the moment.

This in a big way. Bring in a **** salary cap FFS. Lots of team sports around the world have. No, the Sky 4 and FA wouldn't allow it. Bad for the Asian market.

my opinion of milner has just gone through the floor, i thought he would've stayed tbh.

I can't see why he wants to go play for a team that has an already overcrowded midfield (apart from the money of course) and i don't understand why we are going to sell our best player to a team that have been fighting for the same league position as us.

Just don't make any sense..

It makes £100,000 a week worth of sense to me

Oh, great. :(

Football can **** right off for me at the moment.

This in a big way. Bring in a **** salary cap FFS. Lots of team sports around the world have. No, the Sky 4 and FA wouldn't allow it. Bad for the Asian market.

I agree that a salary cap would be a great thing.

Milner can basically **** off and rot with the other Man City mercenaries.

A "model professional" they called him on SSN. Absolute and utter bollox, his actions are showing him to be just a pro, more interested in who he can screw more money out of. The club owe him nothing, in the whole scheme of things he owes us after taking him from that shower of Geordie shite twice. If he had stayed at NU would he have played in the last WC?

Milner the next Bosnich