What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

I'd like to see De Jong or Ireland at Villa, but we already have one defensive midfielder who is past his best and can't run for 90 minutes. They can keep money-bags-but-no-future-Barry.

--------------Keane/Gabby--------------

Young ----------Ireland -----------Downing

------------Parker - De jong -

How about that then?

i cant see Wet spam parting with Parker,tbh i can see them spending a bit this summer..

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see De Jong or Ireland at Villa, but we already have one defensive midfielder who is past his best and can't run for 90 minutes. They can keep money-bags-but-no-future-Barry.

--------------Keane/Gabby--------------

Young ----------Ireland -----------Downing

------------Parker - De jong -

How about that then?

Nah, Parker's good but West Ham would want over £10m for him. He's injured too often and only has a few more years so wouldn't be worth the money.

I'd prefer us to have De Jong & Ireland then use all of the money from the fringe players to buy a striker to play with Gabby or Delfouneso.

Ireland doesn't have the attitude and work ethic to play under MON and consequently won't be coming.

De jong on the other hand is a real battler and was one of City's best players last season. Just everywhere and wins the ball and gives it to someone to do something with, this is why they want something better. They want a ball winner that can also do the passing aka Toure.

Would love De jong, i'd also take Bojinov

I'm struggling to see who De Jong would pass the ball to if he played for us though. With Milner gone, the best we can hope for is a good Downing with a full pre-season under his belt. Ash is still very good but seems to have lost a bit of sparkle unfortunately.

I'd just take De Jong and Ireland and leave money. De Jong is brilliant at what he does and is actually a decent user of the ball while Ireland also has quality.

Put the likes of De Jong in next to Ireland and say Petrov/NRC until Delph comes back with Ireland in the hole and you have some very good going on, possibly with the addition of another midfielder and then let Reo-Coker go in January (once Delph fully recovered)

Won't happen though, but it would be nice.

De Jong, Ireland, plus 10 mill

Dreamland there again I feel.

tbf,how good do some think Milner is,Torres isn't even worth that.and whos to say them players might not want to come to Villa,they might be of the opinion that we are just a selling club..

Ireland doesn't have the attitude and work ethic to play under MON and consequently won't be coming.

De jong on the other hand is a real battler and was one of City's best players last season. Just everywhere and wins the ball and gives it to someone to do something with, this is why they want something better. They want a ball winner that can also do the passing aka Toure.

Would love De jong, i'd also take Bojinov

I'm struggling to see who De Jong would pass the ball to if he played for us though. With Milner gone, the best we can hope for is a good Downing with a full pre-season under his belt. Ash is still very good but seems to have lost a bit of sparkle unfortunately.

Delph, and a nother.

Can't see De Jong leaving as he's still in our first team, even with Yaya there now.

The Barry thing might have some weight as early in the season he was described as been really inward and quiet in the dressing room, a bit of a loner. Whether or not this has changed since I don't know.

Not sure where the NOTW got those contract details from with Yaya, as neither side really publish these things. It's interesting to note that the Sun (their sister paper) are the ones who declare that Tevez was a £57m signing, when in fact he cost £32m. They seem to have this thing recently where they add up the full value of the contract as well as the fee and announce that as how much we've paid for them. Mind you, considering that our press office doesn't speak to the Sun or NOTW after we sued them last season for printing false stories about us, I'm not surprised that there is a grudge.

Anyway, heard nothing about Arteta but if we do go for him, it would have been because the Milner deal fell through. City have a list of A targets, then B targets, then C targets, etc, as most clubs do when they feel they need a certain type of player. Just as Adebayor was a B target last year after we pulled out of our A target Eto'o. So, if you see a SSN report that we've bid for Arteta, Milner won't be coming as Milner was always spoken about with Silva and Toure as an A target.

I'm not entirely sure why our side thinks it is done, when there's nothing doing from your side. Perhaps the Villa side are no commenting everything so that we can wait until Milner gets back, and do it all in a day, ala Gareth Barry.

I'm not entirely sure why our side thinks it is done, when there's nothing doing from your side. Perhaps the Villa side are no commenting everything so that we can wait until Milner gets back, and do it all in a day, ala Gareth Barry.

Ya know some clubs don't leak information for the media attention.

I think people can dream on if they think De Jong will be part of the deal, hes had a ok WC and would not be short of suitors if he were up to grabs.

IF we sell Milner I think it would be a cash only deal, we then do some other deals with City signing some of their (not wanted) players, ex Ireland and Onuoha in another cash deal late on in the window...

Can't see De Jong leaving as he's still in our first team, even with Yaya there now.

The Barry thing might have some weight as early in the season he was described as been really inward and quiet in the dressing room, a bit of a loner. Whether or not this has changed since I don't know.

Not sure where the NOTW got those contract details from with Yaya, as neither side really publish these things. It's interesting to note that the Sun (their sister paper) are the ones who declare that Tevez was a £57m signing, when in fact he cost £32m. They seem to have this thing recently where they add up the full value of the contract as well as the fee and announce that as how much we've paid for them. Mind you, considering that our press office doesn't speak to the Sun or NOTW after we sued them last season for printing false stories about us, I'm not surprised that there is a grudge.

Anyway, heard nothing about Arteta but if we do go for him, it would have been because the Milner deal fell through. City have a list of A targets, then B targets, then C targets, etc, as most clubs do when they feel they need a certain type of player. Just as Adebayor was a B target last year after we pulled out of our A target Eto'o. So, if you see a SSN report that we've bid for Arteta, Milner won't be coming as Milner was always spoken about with Silva and Toure as an A target.

do you work city or something,you sound as full of yourself as Glaston.

Would anyone take Barry and 18M ?

No - too much water under the bridge and all that....

I don't think he'd be that well received and player's rarely do well when returning to former clubs... (somebody smart will point out a few no doubt!)

There's no way Barry would come back here.

After the reception he got when Man.City played at Villa Park...there's no chance he'd come back.

Could see Spurs/Liverpool being interested in signing him though....

Specillay is Mascherano goes to Barca