What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

Horses for course. He's stronger than Johnson for those games when we need it on the wing. Chelsea at home springs to mind. Perhaps Milner is a direct replacement for SWP?

This is all a bit academic at the moment anyway, as Milner isn't yet a City player, and even we aren't stupid enough to sell before we buy.

Spoke with yours yesterday seems Lescott is going to be your left back and some Benfica centre back is lined up .

Yeah, David Luiz.

I'd be shocked if Lescott played left back for us first choice, simply because he's shit there. Mind you, if Bridge goes down, we do have Luiz, Lescott and Barry who can all play there, as well as Jerome Boateng, so it isn't a major concern.

Anything about Milner from the Villa end yet? Our end seems to think it's a done deal with the club, and the lad will sign for 5 years?

Nothing from the Villa end but both City circles are convinced it's a done deal . If it is this 28 mill figure then I would snatch your hands off

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any idea when it will be announced MM?

Honestly don't know I know he is away at the moment and it's certainly not been confirmed by Villa but Manchester are pretty adamant its a done deal .

I think Villa have bought well over the last couple of years but the players haven't been "wow" at the time, they have gone on to become wow though, certainly in the case of Ashley Young and James Milner and , arguably Richard Dunne. I'd just like MON to and get the extra creativity we're missing.

MM - any truth in the light rumours that Barry has been sounding out a return to Villa? (Sorry for going OT guys, and as a gesture you can all have my sister, I hear she's very good...)

A £16m profit in two years is a great deal for any club. I just hope MON goes out and spends it properly. I'd love to see a couple of real "wow" signings.

Who gives a toss if they are "wow" signings or not.

I've got no problem is it's another Milner, Young and Dunne that come in. Not "wow" signings, just good signings.

£28 M is not enough...i would ask for £35..after all he is the future of english football according to Capello..
i know where your coming from,but there are plenty of players out there that are better than Jimmy that aren't worth that kind of money,he's good but not even near 28m good..

Nothing from the Villa end but both City circles are convinced it's a done deal . If it is this 28 mill figure then I would snatch your hands off

Ah, **** it. 28 mil isn't nearly enough. I really do despair at the fact that even though we've finished 6th three seasons in a row, proving to be one of the more consistent teams outside the usual top 4, finally have a wee bit of cash to spend, and yet we keep losing our best players. I'm edging ever closer to just throwing in the towel when it comes to football. Sad, really sad. I like Milner a whole lot better than Barry, as a player as well as a person. And that comes from someone that really appreciated Barry when he played for us. It really doesn't matter who we get to replace him. Even if we manage to finish 2nd or 3rd we'd struggle to keep any good players since we can't offer anywhere near the wages City can.

David Villa 34Million sort of puts it into reality!

But then Yaya Touré for £32m and £220k per week takes that reality and rips it all up again.

City really are taking the piss aren't they. It's ridiculous. :shock: