• £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mirror story = no quotes = bull faeces.

This is just one lazy journo making up something based on a hunch or something read on an internet message board, then all the others picking upon it, editing it just enough to avoid plagiarism and running the story themselves. There's nothing to it whatsoever.

If Citeh REALLY want Milner, I suspect they would be willing to pay up to £50m for him. This is still the team that sold Dunne for £5m and replaced him with Lescott for £24m.

If he does go, I want more than that from them cash-rich scumbags...

I'm just upset that I bet my friend £25 that he wouldn't go. I think I should get £25 of that £28million if it happens...and that is way too much money and a sad sign of how ridiculous football has become.

Still most things the papers say is bullshit.

if he is to go,we should hold out till we have a replacement in for him,this bollox of running around at the end of the season looking for players on the cheep isnt good enough,we need our targets in for pre-season training to try let them gel..

If this happens on the terms and within the time-frame the Daily Mail suggests then I'll eat my entire collection of Lucy Pinder posters.

Bloody hell, where you been?! Don't they have the internet in Argentina?! :winkold:

If this happens on the terms and within the time-frame the Daily Mail suggests then I'll eat my entire collection of Lucy Pinder posters.

Bloody hell, where you been?! Don't they have the internet in Argentina?! :winkold:

Haha, I've just been focusing on other things really, haven't posted regularly on messageboards at all over the past 18 months or so.

I've got to admit that I'm a bit confused by your Argentina reference though. :winkold:

You mean this?

James Milner expected to complete £28m move from Aston Villa to Manchester City

Manchester City and Aston Villa are close to agreeing a £28million deal for England midfielder James Milner.

The 24-year-old is expected to agree a five year deal at City worth around £80,000 a week.

Aware of the likely loss of one of their key players, Villa have attempted to soften the blow by preparing a move for attacking Anderlecht midfielder Mbark Boussoufa.

The 25-year old, Dutch-born but with 15 caps for Morocco, has been voted Belgium's player of the year for the past two seasons and is also a target for Hamburg and Bayer Leverkusen.

Villa are firm favourites to sign him for around £8million but that is unlikely to appease Martin O'Neill over the loss of Milner.

The Villa manager has already expressed concern over the extent of his transfer budget this summer, and having to sacrifice Milner will only heighten the sense of uncertainty over his own future.

Interesting that no writer put his name to this. Suggests its been written by subeditors to fill some space...

You mean this?

James Milner expected to complete £28m move from Aston Villa to Manchester City

Manchester City and Aston Villa are close to agreeing a £28million deal for England midfielder James Milner.

The 24-year-old is expected to agree a five year deal at City worth around £80,000 a week.

Aware of the likely loss of one of their key players, Villa have attempted to soften the blow by preparing a move for attacking Anderlecht midfielder Mbark Boussoufa.

The 25-year old, Dutch-born but with 15 caps for Morocco, has been voted Belgium's player of the year for the past two seasons and is also a target for Hamburg and Bayer Leverkusen.

Villa are firm favourites to sign him for around £8million but that is unlikely to appease Martin O'Neill over the loss of Milner.

The Villa manager has already expressed concern over the extent of his transfer budget this summer, and having to sacrifice Milner will only heighten the sense of uncertainty over his own future.

Interesting that no writer put his name to this. Suggests its been written by subeditors to fill some space...

Its all bollocks in my opinion, these awful journalist clearings in the woods know absolute shit, as if they did they'd know that this whole story goes against what MON is like for the past 5 years. You'd think by now they'd know, take the 2nd to last paragraph, why would MON only be given £8 million of that money, to sign a player "that doesn't appease him" - MON has to be MORE THAN APPEASED over any player he signs, this is just lazy journalism.

They are just trying to destabilise us, we should ban reporters from the club for this bollocks.

I personally believe that Jimmy is only motivated by personal achievement and professional progression. As such, if Chelsea or any Champions League side come in for him, assuming he wont be on the bread line with them, in my view he will choose them over Citeh. I am already comfortable with him moving on from Villa. It's just which jersey to imagine him in that I haven't decided on. If he does go to Citeh then I can only imagine Chelsea were not a serious bidder. And before someone throws a stupid and ill-conceived comparison to Barry into the equation, their situations are so very different.

I personally believe that Jimmy is only motivated by personal achievement and professional progression. As such, if Chelsea or any Champions League side come in for him, assuming he wont be on the bread line with them, in my view he will choose them over Citeh. I am already comfortable with him moving on from Villa. It's just which jersey to imagine him in that I haven't decided on. If he does go to Citeh then I can only imagine Chelsea were not a serious bidder. And before someone throws a stupid and ill-conceived comparison to Barry into the equation, their situations are so very different.

BOF, do you also believe in the tooth fairy? :lol:

We talk about the man as if he is not human and does not also want financial gain, especially given the fact that City will undoubtedley be one of the top teams in the near future. Some people on here talk about Milner as if he is some footballing Ghandi. :shock:

You think he wont still be on around £80k a week at Chelsea? Please don't make the post out to be something it's not.