What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

If we have had this bid since last night, why has it not been refused?

they dont have to respond, randy / mon might have had a good laugh and chucked it away, not even wasting their time with the "piss off" phone call

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is everyone saying "oh I'd accept x million and player x, y and z"?

Defeatists.

Tell them to **** off, easy as that.

If he wants to go we'll get a load of cash for him.

However i can see us demanding too much money and i don't get the impression milner would kick off if he wasn't allowed to leave.

Newcastle screwed him over when first coming to us and he just went back and got on with his football.

I'll lose all of the tiny bit of remaining respect for footballers if Milner goes.

IF he goes it will be for the money.

I see him as an honest footballer, playing his best for his club that he signed for and not just leaving as soon as poss.

What happened to contract they mean naff all apart from pay really dont they...

Lol...everyone bad mouthing City? I'm obviously a Villa fan... from the bottom of my heart I don't want him to go, he means so much to the club as a whole in my eyes...but do you think if a club with a bottomless pit of cash want him enough he will not go? Why do we slate them when we are just jealous bastards....in some sense...money makes the world go around....and if he does go...I hope we **** rape them for a for a ridiculous amount of money and get better! It's been agreed that we have a different business model, we have a different history, traditon etc at the club, but in my view, If they really want him? Only Jimmy can stop it, and if they want him so much they bid in excess of 30 mill...I fear we have no choice.

hopefully theyll turn around and say '£30m. no add ons. all up front. and dont bother contacting us until you meet it'. lets not have a saga. itll be terrible to see him go but fact is if they want him theyll get him.

also those who dont think hell go, dont be so naiive. imagine what mr judas will be whispering in his ear whilst theyre away with england. if he did go, he'll go from being a national sweetheart to another money grabber.

Actually BJ10, I see it the other way; if they offer us a really silly amount of cash I think we'll make him go.

I'm not sure the players desire to stay will be the primary factor in whether he's sold and I'm not that sure that we're unwilling vendors.

Sky 'sources' equals quiet day. Neither club has said a word and this is such an easy story. If Citeh have leaked it then it's tapping up and we should not only tell em to do one but sue em for a billion.

If Jimmy goes I will give up on football I truly will, my season ticket will be put back in the post and I`ll cancel my direct debit.

It makes me sick that this second rate Football Club with a "Sugar Daddy" can flex it`s financial muscle like this, no it`s not jealousy it`s the soul of football they are single handedly destroying.

Who the f**k are Man City and what have they ever done in English Football?

And to think I was having a great week, Gareth Barry saga x 10

Good post.

I detest Man City, always will.

Actually BJ10, I see it the other way; if they offer us a really silly amount of cash I think we'll make him go.

I'm not sure the players desire to stay will be the primary factor in whether he's sold and I'm not that sure that we're unwilling vendors.

Maybe, i hope not though, it wouldn't send a great message to the team.

On one hand the club will want the players to be loyal but on the other hand if the offer is good enough we'll push them to leave.

If Jimmy goes I will give up on football I truly will, my season ticket will be put back in the post and I`ll cancel my direct debit.

It makes me sick that this second rate Football Club with a "Sugar Daddy" can flex it`s financial muscle like this, no it`s not jealousy it`s the soul of football they are single handedly destroying.

Who the f**k are Man City and what have they ever done in English Football?

And to think I was having a great week, Gareth Barry saga x 10

Ditto, Its really not jealousy on my part either they really are going to destroy football.

Why is everyone saying "oh I'd accept x million and player x, y and z"?

Defeatists.

Tell them to **** off, easy as that.

Thankfully don't think Jimmy is like this but if he requests to leave and hands in transfer request and says he don't want to play for the club then it's best to sell him rather than have an unahppy player.

£20m is their opening bid. You never offer your best bid at the start unless you are the most inept and clueless negotiator ever. They obviously have every intention of buying him at some price - I doubt they make offers for players "just for a laugh".

Yes we could potentially lose him. We can also potentially replace him for a lot less than we sell him for.

It's disappointing that the first "real" transfer speculation of the summer is outbound rather than inbound, but that's the way it goes sometimes. I'm amazed at some of the comments on here - people would REALLY cancel their season tickets because we sold someone? Get a grip.

As much as I know the transfer money would be great, are we showing a lack of ambition if we let him go...? one forward, two back! If Gerrard and Kaka are still possibilities, Jimmy will have to think about playing in a squad rotation system and I dont think he'll like that one bit!

Again this based purely on Sky sources, nothing official from either side. City fans are jumping the gun fitting Milner into formations as are we by selecting players we would take in a swap. We won't know anything till after the training camp is over or a statement is made by Milner or either club.