The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

16 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I can't see them having a match. It will be a fight or a face-off and it will set up a match for Summerslam/WM next year.

Takers been on his last legs for a while now and been getting worse in the ring each time, I’d be amazed if he can go in a match this year let alone next year. You could be right but I’d be surprised if they held off old man Taker until he is closer to 60 than 50.

This is likely Undertakers last match regardless of if it's an official match or an unsanctioned fight.

He recently had a hip replacement which is typically the end of any wrestlers career as they are not allowed to take bumps after that, but Undertaker is Undertaker and he's apparently doing it anyway.

21 hours ago, Daweii said:

I think we'll be seeing the return of the American Badass, especially with Kid Rock who did the original American Badass theme being inducted into the Hall of Fame this year. 

From what I remember he only had that theme for about 5 minutes before changing it to Limp Bizshit.  Tbh I wouldn't mind seeing Undertaker go back to that gimmick for one last match, then maybe have a non-wrestler/GM role on Smackdown or something.

I watched Bloodsport last night, it was a decent event. As mentioned, all the matches were sub or KO only, but they were also all no rope matches. As such they were all under test minutes and followed a similar MMA / Pro wrestling hybrid formula. 

There were some bizarre match ups, which I dare say will never happen again, for example MASADA v Martin Stone (Danny Burch from NXT), Chris Dickinson v Dan Severn, Nick Gage v Timothy Thatcher, WALTER v Tom Lawler and of course the main event dream match between Matt Riddle and Minoru Suzuki. The whole thing was only two hours long with an interval, so not long at all, but if you're not an MMA fan I can  see why it would be boring. Lots of grappling, ground based submissions and counters, that sort of thing. 

There were a couple of other no rope matches so far this 'weekend' featuring Riddle, I guess it's becoming his thing,which makes perfect sense from a booking point of view given his background as a pro MMA fighter in UFC. One was against Sekimoto, the other Ospreay. I'm totally intrigued to see how they went down. 

NXT TakeOver as per usual was a great event.

NXT could put on a card with no matches on it and the main roster would still struggle to beat it. The Ladder Match was the highlight, Cien Almas vs Black was a solid solid match and Gargano vs Ciampa was probably one of the greatest culminations to a story in years. There were some weaker parts of the card, but nothing that stops the PPV being one of the better ones of recent memory.  

The gauntlet has been set for the main roster, you'll have 7+ hours tonight to put on a better show than NXT managed in 3 hours. Good luck. 

Was hoping for a different outcome in Almas v Black so that Black could skip the rest of NXT and go to the main roster and was hoping we would hear his entrance music hit during the IC match. He’s on completely another level to everyone else and has been since he arrived. Blokes **** awesome.  

Edited by Ingram85

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Just watched hall of fame that was one of the most entertaining in years. 

NXT ladder match was awesome.  If you have not seen it yet go watch it

It was brilliant.

Anybody up for WM? I'm pulling an all nighter.

46 minutes ago, Dick said:

It was brilliant.

Anybody up for WM? I'm pulling an all nighter.

I'll catch it tomorrow. Think a lot of the results will.be predictable. 

I think shanes going to turn on Bryan tonight and it will make absolutely no sense.

Edited by Demitri_C

Spoiler

The Aksura result made absolutely no sense to me

Some swerves with Nakamura turning which I think is a very good move and his charchter is crap this be interesting.

The Strowman tag partner was strange dont see where they weill go with that

I am actually shocked Reigns didnt win but happy. If I was WWE I would immediately start a Samoa Joe Lesnar feud again or Balor Lesnar 

Everything before the Styles v Nakamura match was good. Then the show went downhill. Crowd wasn't in to it and I think the whole show just goes on too long. I went to sleep just after Strowman picked his partner as I had enough.

10 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Everything before the Styles v Nakamura match was good. Then the show went downhill. Crowd wasn't in to it and I think the whole show just goes on too long. I went to sleep just after Strowman picked his partner as I had enough.

How terrible was that part of WM? seriously who came up with that stupid idea. Surely bday Wyatt would have made more sense??

Â