The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

Did you ever see the BBC doc about the end of his time in Japan?  That was really cool, and featured a big serving of Anderson and Gallows too.

No, when was that on? Shame I missed it. Only just got back into wrestling, thanks to a free sub for the network. Bálor definitely keeping me interested, along with Rollins, Miz, Elias and a few others.

1 minute ago, Dick said:

No, when was that on? Shame I missed it. Only just got back into wrestling, thanks to a free sub for the network. Bálor definitely keeping me interested, along with Rollins, Miz, Elias and a few others.

About a year ago it popped up on iPlayer.  It's called 'Smack Em Up'.

• Like 1

Here's Showbuckle's video on the history of the Golden Lovers. If you haven't watched anything by him before, he's well worth a follow, as his content is fantastic. 

Here he presents the entire history of Omega and Ibushi in Japan. If you already watch NJPW or are just getting in to it, it's pretty much required viewing. Even if you only watch WWE there's some interesting stuff about Balor, AJ and Nakamura. 

This is probably the worst build up to a Wrestlemania that I can remember. Reigns v Lesnar looks like a dud. This tactic of Lesnar not wanting to be at WWE has been done before and it didn't work then. No one cares about Reigns. The rest of the card looks like a standard PPV card. Nothing exciting, no build-up of note for any of the matches apart from maybe Styles v Nakamura. 

3 hours ago, omariqy said:

This is probably the worst build up to a Wrestlemania that I can remember. Reigns v Lesnar looks like a dud. This tactic of Lesnar not wanting to be at WWE has been done before and it didn't work then. No one cares about Reigns. The rest of the card looks like a standard PPV card. Nothing exciting, no build-up of note for any of the matches apart from maybe Styles v Nakamura. 

I quite like the idea of Asuka against Flair

Thoughts on a potential Nia Jax face push?

10 hours ago, omariqy said:

This weeks was one of the worst raws in years. I agree this WM will flop massively why they are doing Reigns vs Lesnar when everyone hates Reigns and knows he will win and will get one of the weakest reactions ever. 

If they were smart they would throw a swerve and have a masked man attack reigns and cost him the title then lesnar drops the title the following day on raw to rollins with reigns convinced it was rollins leading to a feud with them

then months later the masked man returns and  attacks reigns again revealing himself to be dean ambrose 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

This weeks was one of the worst raws in years. I agree this WM will flop massively why they are doing Reigns vs Lesnar when everyone hates Reigns and knows he will win and will get one of the weakest reactions ever. 

If they were smart they would throw a swerve and have a masked man attack reigns and cost him the title then lesnar drops the title the following day on raw to rollins with reigns convinced it was rollins leading to a feud with them

then months later the masked man returns and  attacks reigns again revealing himself to be dean ambrose 

You need to be in WWE creative!! I like the sound of it

Edited by supermon
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, supermon said:

You need to be in WWE creative!! I like the sound of it

Thanks. They need to give us a shock like that if they want to save wrestlemania.

Carmella will 100% cash in at AN also 

36 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thanks. They need to give us a shock like that if they want to save wrestlemania.

Carmella will 100% cash in at AN also 

I think she'll cash in on whoever wins the Raw women's match as well.

Then you've got someone Ronda can chase around and beat up for a month or two.

Edited by Tomaszk

17 hours ago, omariqy said:

Last time Mania had a build and initial card that looked this bad it was number 30 and it ended up being the best in recent times.

31, 32 and 33 all had stacked looking cards but didn't deliver to the standard of 30.

24 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Last time Mania had a build and initial card that looked this bad it was number 30 and it ended up being the best in recent times.

31, 32 and 33 all had stacked looking cards but didn't deliver to the standard of 30.

Disagree. The Daniel Bryan story (albeit not the original plan) made that a must-see. I was hooked on that story. Plus Taker v Lesnar. I agree on the rest of the card. However, I can only think of one match that I want to see on this card. I was hoping for Daniel Bryan return or something but honestly the card is very meh.

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I think she'll cash in on whoever wins the Raw women's match as well.

Then you've got someone Ronda can chase around and beat up for a month or two.

No chance will they bury aksuas undefeated run on Carmella. If anything it will be Rousey who ends that streak.

4 hours ago, omariqy said:

Disagree. The Daniel Bryan story (albeit not the original plan) made that a must-see. I was hooked on that story. Plus Taker v Lesnar. I agree on the rest of the card. However, I can only think of one match that I want to see on this card. I was hoping for Daniel Bryan return or something but honestly the card is very meh.

Yeah but going into the event the main event was Orton v Batista.

Lesnar/Undertaker didn't have the greatest build and Lesnar's second run was pretty meh until the result of this match.

• Like 1

First night of the New Japan Cup yesterday. The two first round matches on the card were insane. Both matches contained some crazy, crazy bumps. Plus, Chuckie was on comms. Highly recommended. 

On 07/03/2018 at 18:15, Demitri_C said:

No chance will they bury aksuas undefeated run on Carmella. If anything it will be Rousey who ends that streak.

WM will be:

Jax v Bliss and Asuka v Flair

imho

• Like 1

Â