The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

For anyone interested, the Nakamura / Styles match from Wrestle Kingdom a few years ago is free to watch on Youtube this week from NJPW.

So Wrestlemania week is upon us. I can't say that I am that hyped for it. Certainly not as much as 29/30/31. Then again I was not hyped about the last two and they turned out pretty good. 

Predictions:

1. Andre the Giant Battle Royale - who cares
  2. Womens Battle Royale - who cares
  3. Cedric v Mustafa - who cares
  4. Lesnar v Reigns - Reigns obviously
  5. Styles v Nakamura - Styles
  6. Miz v Rollins v Balor - Miz
  7. Orton v Roode v Mahal v Rusev - Rusev
  8. Bliss v Jax - Bliss
  9. Flair v Asuka - Flair
  10. Cesaro and Sheamus v Braun - Braun and Partner
  11. Usos v Bludgeon Bros v New Day - New Day
  12. Kurt Angle & Rousey v Triple H and Stephanie - Rousey and Angle
  13. Daniel Bryan & Shane O Mac v Owens and Zayn - Owens and Zayn

• Like 1

My predictions for the event;

1. Andre the Giant Battle Royale - Baron Corbin
  2. Womens Battle Royale - Becky Lynch
  3. Cedric v Mustafa - Cedric Alexander
  4. Lesnar v Reigns - Roman Reigns
  5. Styles v Nakamura - AJ Styles
  6. Miz v Rollins v Balor - Finn Balor
  7. Orton v Roode v Mahal v Rusev - Randy Orton
  8. Bliss v Jax - Nia Jax
  9. Flair v Asuka - Carmella (cashes in mid match, pins Charlotte)
  10. Cesaro and Sheamus v Braun - Cesaro & Sheamus (Braun's partner eats the pin)
  11. Usos v Bludgeon Bros v New Day - The New Day
  12. Kurt Angle & Rousey v Triple H and Stephanie - Triple H & Stephanie McMahon (Rousey turns on Angle to join the Authority) 
  13. Daniel Bryan & Shane O Mac v Owens and Zayn - Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn
  14. Undertaker vs Cena (if it happens, it will) - John Cena

I think this WrestleMania will wind up surprising me even though I am not excited for it in the slightest. Hopefully we get some nice swerves, twists and maybe even some conventional makes sense booking from the show of shows, it's gonna be a long night. 

1 hour ago, Daweii said:

My predictions for the event;

1. Andre the Giant Battle Royale - Baron Corbin
  2. Womens Battle Royale - Becky Lynch
  3. Cedric v Mustafa - Cedric Alexander
  4. Lesnar v Reigns - Roman Reigns
  5. Styles v Nakamura - AJ Styles
  6. Miz v Rollins v Balor - Finn Balor
  7. Orton v Roode v Mahal v Rusev - Randy Orton
  8. Bliss v Jax - Nia Jax
  9. Flair v Asuka - Carmella (cashes in mid match, pins Charlotte)
  10. Cesaro and Sheamus v Braun - Cesaro & Sheamus (Braun's partner eats the pin)
  11. Usos v Bludgeon Bros v New Day - The New Day
  12. Kurt Angle & Rousey v Triple H and Stephanie - Triple H & Stephanie McMahon (Rousey turns on Angle to join the Authority) 
  13. Daniel Bryan & Shane O Mac v Owens and Zayn - Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn
  14. Undertaker vs Cena (if it happens, it will) - John Cena

I think this WrestleMania will wind up surprising me even though I am not excited for it in the slightest. Hopefully we get some nice swerves, twists and maybe even some conventional makes sense booking from the show of shows, it's gonna be a long night. 

No way are they killing aksura undefeated run with Carmella. She will cash in against Nia Jax I think

It's worth noting that Wrestlemania Weekend starts today, with the first bunch of indie super shows, with the following, which are live on WWN. 

GCW Matt Riddle's Bloodsport 

Spoiler

Matt Riddle vs. Minoru Suzuki

Nick Gage vs. Timothy Thatcher

Dan Severn vs. Chris Dickinson

Dom Garrini vs. KTB

Tracy Williams vs. Eddie Kingston

MASADA vs. Martin Stone

WALTER vs. Filthy Tom

Evolve 102

Spoiler

EVOLVE Championship Match

Zack Sabre Jr. defends vs. Matt Riddle

The Definition Of A Dream Match

Daisuke Sekimoto & Munenori Sawa vs. Timothy Thatcher & WALTER

High-Flyers Showdown

AR Fox vs. Will Ospreay

Tag Team Scramble - 2 In At A Time, No Tags Needed, 1st Fall Wins It

(if Dickinson & Jaka lose the fall, they will lose to the EVOLVE Tag Team Titles)

EVOLVE Tag Team Champions Chris Dickinson & Jaka
vs.
The End
vs. 
James Drake & Anthony Henry vs. Tracy Williams & Dom Garrini

Non-Title Special Challenge Match

WWN Champion Keith Lee vs. Darby Allin

Special Attraction Match

Austin Theory vs. DJZ

Beyond

Spoiler

Deonna Purrazzo vs. Matthew Riddle

Toni Storm vs. Timothy Thatcher

Joey Janela & Penelope Ford vs. Session Moth Martina & Orange Cassidy

David Starr vs. Mia Yim vs. Tessa Blanchard vs. Maxwell Jacob Friedman

Thunder Rosa & Holidead vs. Chris Dickinson & Jaka

Some crazy match ups there, too many to mention. And yes, Riddle is wrestling on all 3 shows :D

This GCW card (they have another tomorrow (Joey Janella's Spring Break 2)) has the potential to be the best card of the whole weekend. 

Edited by hogso
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

No way are they killing aksura undefeated run with Carmella. She will cash in against Nia Jax I think

They won't count it as her loss anyway. Yes technically she'll have lost, the fans will know that, but WWE won't count it they never do.

Either way it's one of many many things they could do with Carmella, I just want her to do something and chose likely the most interesting of the many cash in's she could do on Sunday. 

I think we'll be seeing the return of the American Badass, especially with Kid Rock who did the original American Badass theme being inducted into the Hall of Fame this year. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Daweii said:

I think we'll be seeing the return of the American Badass, especially with Kid Rock who did the original American Badass theme being inducted into the Hall of Fame this year. 

i think you are right 

I thought the American Badass gimmick sucked to be honest, it was fun for a the first few months, novel, cool theme and look, but it got boring, Undertaker was much better on the mic as the 'deadman' during the Ministry days. One of the enduring memories I have about the American Badass was how out of shape he got, although the last ride was pretty cool. 

25 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I thought the American Badass gimmick sucked to be honest, it was fun for a the first few months, novel, cool theme and look, but it got boring, Undertaker was much better on the mic as the 'deadman' during the Ministry days. One of the enduring memories I have about the American Badass was how out of shape he got, although the last ride was pretty cool. 

I agree it was okay at first but then it just looked lame. you cant just go from being a grim reaper to a biker.  it was a wierd transformation. 

I loved both long hair ABA and short hair Big Evil but it went on a little bit too long. Hoping to see ABA appear at WM34, the dead man gimmick was put to rest last year so would feel cheap if it was bought back like it did during that 25th Raw anniversary promo, now it’s time to put to rest the other side of the gimmick and then ride off into the night. 

Edited by Ingram85

I really liked 'Biker Taker'. I haven't followed the storyline, so don't really understand what's going on. In essence, has Cena been calling him out but not getting a response?

45 minutes ago, hogso said:

I really liked 'Biker Taker'. I haven't followed the storyline, so don't really understand what's going on. In essence, has Cena been calling him out but not getting a response?

John Cena has been growing frustrated in his inability to get a match at WrestleMania, it's more his storyline and it's culminating in a match with Undertaker (maybe).

About 4-weeks ago John Cena started calling out The Undertaker. At first it was pretty lighthearted Cena would use the crowd to hype it up as everyone wants to see Undertaker, but as time has gone on and as the weeks have passed with no reply Cena has grown more frustrated with his promos are merely attacking Undertaker at this point. It was thought that after Cena delivered the line this past week of, "Hey Undertaker, we all saw you leave your hat in the ring, but it appears you left your balls at home" that Undertaker would appear, but alas we're 2-days out from WrestleMania and still no Cena/Undertaker match.

Now the backstage talk is that the match has been planned for 4+ months already and that Vince didn't need Undertaker to appear to get Network buys, but it's a very interesting build to a match that on the internal card is set in stone from what I hear. 

Edited by Daweii
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daweii said:

John Cena has been growing frustrated in his inability to get a match at WrestleMania, it's more his storyline and it's culminating in a match with Undertaker (maybe).

About 4-weeks ago John Cena started calling out The Undertaker. At first it was pretty lighthearted Cena would use the crowd to hype it up as everyone wants to see Undertaker, but as time has gone on and as the weeks have passed with no reply Cena has grown more frustrated with his promos are merely attacking Undertaker at this point. It was thought that after Cena delivered the line this past week of, "Hey Undertaker, we all saw you leave your hat in the ring, but it appears you left your balls at home" that Undertaker would appear, but alas we're 2-days out from WrestleMania and still no Cena/Undertaker match.

Now the backstage talk is that the match has been planned for 4+ months already and that Vince didn't need Undertaker to appear to get Network buys, but it's a very interesting build to a match that on the internal card is set in stone from what I hear. 

I think it will be more a fight than a match to be honest . They will probably show Cena in the crowd then the boing will come on as a "suprise" which wont be a suprise as everyone is expecting him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I think it will be more a fight than a match to be honest . They will probably show Cena in the crowd then the boing will come on as a "suprise" which wont be a suprise as everyone is expecting him. 

I think you'll be right about that. It'll be even less of a surprise if the rumored Kid Rock entrance performance happens, nothing gives the surprise away early than some scrawny guy with long hair stood on stage with a band behind him. 

Keeping Taker off screen till wrestle mania is definitely the right call in this instance. It’s helped create mystery, aura, guessing and discussion about it all. I’ve really enjoyed the build up despite the majority hating it and props to Cena for doing it alone thus far.

Edited by Ingram85

How odd. That's a good thing though, I agree with Ingum. Not announcing a match on a card at all, especially one as high profile as that is unprecedented for WM, isn't it? I imagine it's also plausible that they could have the two face off and set up a match at another event? Bit of an anti-climax though.

34 minutes ago, hogso said:

How odd. That's a good thing though, I agree with Ingum. Not announcing a match on a card at all, especially one as high profile as that is unprecedented for WM, isn't it? I imagine it's also plausible that they could have the two face off and set up a match at another event? Bit of an anti-climax though.

Personally I think they should have kane come out and tell cena to get in the ring then when he does unmask as undertaker

Â