The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

3 hours ago, omariqy said:

I do wonder whether they will put Bryan on Raw as, arguably, he is WWE's biggest star now.

I think more chance of Owens and Zayn. I also think aj will go after he loses to Nakamura.

personally I hope they keep aj on smackdown. Don’t need another great wrestler smothered by Lesnar and reigns

So, for those that have seen it - Golden Lovers v Young Bucks, beat tag team match ever? It's possibly the best I've ever seen. The story it told was just incredible. That ending! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hogso said:

So, for those that have seen it - Golden Lovers v Young Bucks, beat tag team match ever? It's possibly the best I've ever seen. The story it told was just incredible. That ending! 

Where can I watch this? 

On NJPW World, it happened last weekend at Strong Style Evolved in Long Beach, California. There's some highlight videos on YouTube, and there may be the full match on something like daily motion, I guess. 

On reflection, I don't think it is the best ever. Ibushi was a bit sluggish, seemingly due to the effects of jeg lag, and there were a couple of botches. Plus JR was horrible on comms, and Barnett isn't much better (they're part of the deal NJPW have with AXS on American TV). And possibly in isolation, without knowing the backstory (which is getting very substantial now!) it may not seem that great. 

Meltzer did give it a 5 star rating though, and it'd be my MOTY so far - although that might not be saying much as I've missed tons of non-NJPW stuff do far in 2018.

Anyone else catch Sakura Genesis? Another weekend, another potential MOTY candidate on an NJPW show. And a great showcase for British wrestling as well. Ospreay / Scurll was absolutely incredible, the standing Spanish Fly off the apron to the floor was insane, I'm still not sure if Ospreay bladed or if that was hardway, I'd assume the latter, but damn. What a match. ZSJ gave a great account of himself in the main event too, even if the result, and subsequent challenge, were more than predictable. I can envisage a scenario where Naito beats Minoru for the IC belt, then Sabre wins it back for Suzuki-gun.

12 hours ago, Dick said:

Balor and Rollins match on Raw, brilliant. 

Yep. Rest of the show absolutely sucked

Spoiler

That part where they put rousey through the table was so badly done. Rousey obviously needs to work on being fake injured as she seemed more angry than hurt!

34 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yep. Rest of the show absolutely sucked

Hide contents

That part where they put rousey through the table was so badly done. Rousey obviously needs to work on being fake injured as she seemed more angry than hurt!

Yeah very true. Plus she is so painful on the mic. 

Further to my last post in regards to the Ospreay / Scurll match, it's now unclear if Ospreay will be ready for all the matches he's booked for over Wrestlemania weekend - that's shows for Progress, CZW, WWN, and a couple others I think.

He's getting a lot of heat for going too far, some viewers apparently became quite concerned that he could quite easily have died in that spot. Which is true, I guess, but so could Ishii during the NJC when Juice destroyed with that top rope bomb - but I don't remember too many complaints then. 

It is scary to think how much he's shortening his career though. He can't possibly be doing what he does now, at his pace, in say 5 years time. He'll be way too banged up. Dude needs to go to the WWE in a couple of years so he can't keep on doing the crazy stuff. 

In other news 

Weird name, but if they book it right it'll be a great boost for the roster. 

Low Ki cancelled his spot on GCW's 'Matt Riddle's Bloodsport' show (all matches submission or KO only), so they booked this instead. 

Holy shit! 

I would say there is probably only three matches I am looking forward to this WM

Rollins Miz Balor

AJ Nakamura

Bryan and Shane vs Owens and Zayn. All outcomes are predictable though

Balor win

Nakamura win

Shane and Bryan win and owens and zayn turn up on raw next night 

its one of the most predictable rumbles in years 

48 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I would say there is probably only three matches I am looking forward to this WM

Rollins Miz Balor

AJ Nakamura

Bryan and Shane vs Owens and Zayn. All outcomes are predictable though

Balor win

Nakamura win

Shane and Bryan win and owens and zayn turn up on raw next night 

its one of the most predictable rumbles in years 

mrw-i-see-all-of-these-wwe-gifs-in-react

• Like 1

The NXT show the night before Mania is gonna be great to watch at the very least. NXT could put on a card featuring zero matches and it would likely still wind up better than the main rosters "stacked" effort.

The only thing I am curious about with Mania is how they slot in the inevitable Cena/Undertaker skit. We may not get a match, at least not a sanctioned match, but I am at least curious about that.

I'm just not looking forward to a 7+ hour Mania (including pre-show).

Â