The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

21 minutes ago, Daweii said:

@Demitri_C 

Hide contents

I think the main issue is that Asuka had to lose sometime, I would personally rather Asuka lose at a huge show that matters than have her lose the streak just because WWE wanted to make Backlash memorable.

I think I would be more annoyed about Asuka's loss if it was someone other than Charlotte. At least with Charlotte she is 5 time Women's Champion, a 1 time Diva's Champion and a 1 time NXT Women's Champion, she's the most decorated female wrestler on the roster so if anyone was beating Asuka it was her. 

Sure it sucks that the streak ended now, but they struck at the right time really as any longer and we'd have been running the risk of WWE pulling the trigger on the streak at some shit PPV like Battleground. 

Spoiler

I think the tapping out was not good. Aksura is the tap out queen so her tapping out seems a bit silly to me. I think Aksura should have won and held the title until the following WM where she will fight Rousey and her streak will end. 

Alsowhere does Carmella fit into this? Are we now going to be served a crappy Carmella cash in against Charlotte after she did so well at WM? That would be totally WWE.

Another terrible thing about WM was Mahal winning, my god terrible booking. Rusev seems to be one of the most over wrestlers at the moment yet they are doing everything in their power to kill him and give nobodies like Mahal gold. Terrible 

Edited by Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:
  Hide contents

I think the tapping out was not good. Aksura is the tap out queen so her tapping out seems a bit silly to me. I think Aksura should have won and held the title until the following WM where she will fight Rousey and her streak will end. 

Alsowhere does Carmella fit into this? Are we now going to be served a crappy Carmella cash in against Charlotte after she did so well at WM? That would be totally WWE.

Another terrible thing about WM was Mahal winning, my god terrible booking. Rusev seems to be one of the most over wrestlers at the moment yet they are doing everything in their power to kill him and give nobodies like Mahal gold. Terrible 

Spoiler

I agree that having her tap wasn't the best way to go about it, I would love to know the thought process behind that finish, but I suppose it's a clean and conclusive finish which given the monumental nature of the win was preferable. 

With Rusev I think Vince is punishing him. There was talk weeks ago that he asked to be released which got him what he wanted which was a place on the main card at Mania, but I don't think Vince likes wrestlers that practically threaten to quit to get their own way. Last night to me felt like both a promotion and a punishment for Rusev as he got his Mania moment, but he also had to put Mahal over by eating the pin. 

3 minutes ago, Daweii said:
  Hide contents

I agree that having her tap wasn't the best way to go about it, I would love to know the thought process behind that finish, but I suppose it's a clean and conclusive finish which given the monumental nature of the win was preferable. 

With Rusev I think Vince is punishing him. There was talk weeks ago that he asked to be released which got him what he wanted which was a place on the main card at Mania, but I don't think Vince likes wrestlers that practically threaten to quit to get their own way. Last night to me felt like both a promotion and a punishment for Rusev as he got his Mania moment, but he also had to put Mahal over by eating the pin. 

Spoiler

Didnt realise that about rusev, it sounds logical with Vince

But do you blame Rusev? Look what they done to his charchter its shite 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:
  Hide contents

Didnt realise that about rusev, it sounds logical with Vince

But do you blame Rusev? Look what they done to his charchter its shite 

Spoiler

I don't blame Rusev for forcing the issue as WWE isn't utilising his talents and WWE isn't the only place to make money anymore. Yes there is a prestige to being a WWE wrestler, but that prestige loses its shine when you hear the Young Bucks who would be mid-carders in WWE making $1 million+ a year on the indies. Rusev knows that the grass is likely greener on the other side so it wouldn't surprise me if he's set to leave WWE in the coming months.   

52 minutes ago, Daweii said:
  Hide contents

I don't blame Rusev for forcing the issue as WWE isn't utilising his talents and WWE isn't the only place to make money anymore. Yes there is a prestige to being a WWE wrestler, but that prestige loses its shine when you hear the Young Bucks who would be mid-carders in WWE making $1 million+ a year on the indies. Rusev knows that the grass is likely greener on the other side so it wouldn't surprise me if he's set to leave WWE in the coming months.   

Spoiler

When you see a 10 year old kid being a tag champ and your doing a job to Mahal I dont blame him in the slightest 

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:
  Reveal hidden contents

When you see a 10 year old kid being a tag champ and your doing a job to Mahal I dont blame him in the slightest 

Spoiler

Nicholas is the greatest in-ring performer the WWE has ever seen, he did what Enzo and Big Cass failed to do in three years on the Main Roster/NXT.

Speaking on the Braun Strowman match I have a feeling every week it's going to be a new excuse like "My tag partner isn't here cause he had school today, so I guess I have to defend the titles by myself".

It'll likely get old fast, but I'm sure it'll be funny for a few weeks at least.

4 hours ago, hogso said:

Haven't been impressed by him every time I've seen one of his matches, I think WWE could do a lot worse than let Mark Callaway retire and hire Punishment Martinez to take over the Undertaker moniker. The guy is huge, athletic, has a interesting look, and a great chokeslam. I know 'legacy characters' aren't really a thing in WWE and it may never get over, but every time I see Martinez I can't help but picture it.

Great shout. I had a similar thought about Baron Corbin, but I think you have hit the nail on the head with your suggestion.

Spoiler

Raw full of suprises

Ember Moon and Authors of Pain debuted.

Booby Lashley returned and destroyed elias ! 

Samoa Joe returned as did Jeff Hardy.

Also saw debut of Hardy and Wyatt tag team looks promising. Wyatt as a face could be interesting. Also stupidly Strowman has given up tag belts due to kid having school. What stupid and pointless crap was that.

As predicted Zayn and Owens end up on RAW

Shakeup next week 

11 hours ago, Daweii said:

Brock Lesnar has re-signed with WWE (yawn) and will defend his Universal Title at the Greatest Royal Rumble against Roman Reigns in a Steel Cage match.

Guessing that is where Lesnar will drop the titles. 

22 minutes ago, supermon said:
  Hide contents

Surely Bobby Lashley v Brock Lesnar at maybe Summerslam

Yes this is why I think Lesnar is still champ. Now that would be a awesome match. Although I would like to see Samoa Joe vs Lesnar again

Personally i would like to see ...

Spoiler

A fatal fourway at summerslam lesnar vs lashley vs strowman vs samoa joe

That could be one of the greatest fatal four ways ever 

30 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yes this is why I think Lesnar is still champ. Now that would be a awesome match. Although I would like to see Samoa Joe vs Lesnar again

Personally i would like to see ...

Reveal hidden contents

A fatal fourway at summerslam lesnar vs lashley vs strowman vs samoa joe

That could be one of the greatest fatal four ways ever 

yea Samoa Joe v Lesnar was a good match last time, but for the love of God, we need Brock to up his game a little, some more variety other than F5 and German suplexes.

1 hour ago, supermon said:

yea Samoa Joe v Lesnar was a good match last time, but for the love of God, we need Brock to up his game a little, some more variety other than F5 and German suplexes.

Yeah I think everyone has realised that it's gone a bit stale now. It was fun at the beginning of I want to see him actually use his full arsenal of moves. Apparently Brock threw the title belt at Vince backstage after his match this weekend?

From what I am hearing Lesnar re-signing is for a one match thing.

The plan at Mania was changed last minute for Lesnar to win because Reigns wasn't getting over with the crowd. So Lesnar won, re-signed for what seems to be a short-term deal so that Reigns can win in a country that will cheer him.

It's a very Vince way to do things as sure Reigns is going to be over as **** in Saudi Arabia, but it's Saudi Arabia those fans are going to be electric all night because of how special the event is. 

----------

As for the bust up backstage. No one truly knows what caused it, but I personally feel that Lesnar was pissed off at how strong Reigns was being booked.

The F5 was built up to be a move no one kicks out of unless you're Undertaker, but the other night Reigns kicked out of 5 of them. I think it was that coupled with the late call for Lesnar to win the match regardless that sent Lesnar over the edge.

I don't think he was against losing, but when you win and still "lose" because your entire offense was just buried for 10 minutes it's going to piss a guy like Lesnar off. 

PS. There is also talk that Lesnar busted Reigns open the hard way on purpose due to his frustrations which may have also lead to the Vince/Lesnar altercation. 

Edited by Daweii

43 minutes ago, Daweii said:

From what I am hearing Lesnar re-signing is for a one match thing.

The plan at Mania was changed last minute for Lesnar to win because Reigns wasn't getting over with the crowd. So Lesnar won, re-signed for what seems to be a short-term deal so that Reigns can win in a country that will cheer him.

It's a very Vince way to do things as sure Reigns is going to be over as **** in Saudi Arabia, but it's Saudi Arabia those fans are going to be electric all night because of how special the event is. 

----------

As for the bust up backstage. No one truly knows what caused it, but I personally feel that Lesnar was pissed off at how strong Reigns was being booked.

The F5 was built up to be a move no one kicks out of unless you're Undertaker, but the other night Reigns kicked out of 5 of them. I think it was that coupled with the late call for Lesnar to win the match regardless that sent Lesnar over the edge.

I don't think he was against losing, but when you win and still "lose" because your entire offense was just buried for 10 minutes it's going to piss a guy like Lesnar off. 

PS. There is also talk that Lesnar busted Reigns open the hard way on purpose due to his frustrations which may have also lead to the Vince/Lesnar altercation. 

If the last line is correct lesnar is a big time prick 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

If the last line is correct lesnar is a big time prick 

Agreed. The fact he gets a new deal out of it all whether it is a short term one or not just sends the wrong message to the locker room.

I understand that no one will take his lead and start throwing shit at Vince McMahon when they don't get their way, but having someone "invincible" like Lesnar on the roster likely doesn't go down well backstage at all.  

Â