The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

54 minutes ago, JB said:

Yep exactly. But I don’t think that morally WWE should put an event on in a country that wouldn’t allow some of its employs to work. 

But if the country doe not allow it what can they do? 

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

But if the country doe not allow it what can they do? 

Not put profit above the rights of their employees by holding an event in that country, obviously. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JB said:

The fact that there are no women’s matches is **** up. WWE should be ashamed of themselves IMO.

Female sport participation in public is not allowed in Saudi Arabia.

WWE are defending 7 titles at the event and I am sure they would love to have defended both women's titles as well, but if it's against the law for women to compete in public then WWE can't do much about that. 

PS. I replied unaware of the other replies, I didn't mean to beat you over the head with info you were already made aware of and perhaps already knew :D

Edited by Daweii

58 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Hold it somewhere else?

That would be a bit pointless if the whole event is to increase the popularity on the side of the world though. 

Edited by Demitri_C

32 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Female sport participation in public is not allowed in Saudi Arabia.

WWE are defending 7 titles at the event and I am sure they would love to have defended both women's titles as well, but if it's against the law for women to compete in public then WWE can't do much about that. 

PS. I replied unaware of the other replies, I didn't mean to beat you over the head with info you were already made aware of and perhaps already knew :D

No worries. I should’ve made my point more clearly :). I was aware that female sports participation is not allowed. 

I was trying to say that I don’t think that WWE should hold an event, particular one with such an otherwise stacked card, in a country where a large proportion of its employees are not allowed to work.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

That would be a bit pointless if the whole event is to increase the popularity on the side of the world though. 

There are plenty of countries on "that side of the world" that aren't so backwards in how they treat women.

26 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There are plenty of countries on "that side of the world" that aren't so backwards in how they treat women.

I am not disagreeing with that but they have obviously decided they want to increase their brand in Saudi Arabia if they moved it then it was pointless doing whole event.

34 minutes ago, JB said:

You’ve completely missed the point. 

So expansion and profit is more important than equal rights for employees? 

I have not once excused that behaviour just saying that they have obviously chosen Saudi Arabia to expand and make money.  

It's not like wwe has never done anything controversial before ! 

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I have not once excused that behaviour just saying that they have obviously chosen Saudi Arabia to expand and make money.  

And my point is that perhaps they shouldn’t have. Particularly if the company is as committed to equality and expanding the women’s division as it claims to be.

Quite; and that's entirely the point, isn't it. Vince is more interested in the money than the rights of employees. Just look at the state of the card, it's utterly bonkers and makes no sense - but the demand is, one assumes, put on a really good card with all the biggest stars and we'll make it worth your while.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JB said:

And my point is that perhaps they shouldn’t have. Particularly if the company is as committed to equality and expanding the women’s division as it claims to be.

I agree with your points completely here was just stating that make no sense for them to move to a different country as the purpose is for them to make wwe global just like with them having gine to India. We all know it's wrong that women are not allowed to wrestle there.

Quick NJPW update. The Road to Wrestling Dontaku tour started yesterday. And it is a long tour. Omega and Ibushi don't join it for a couple of weeks. 

Hidden amongst the announced matches is a 10 man inter Bullet Club tag team match, which could go a long way to setting up a finale to the storyline, possibly at Dominion. 

Kitamura seems to have been 'quietly' retired for reasons no one seems to know. He was out with a concussion, now he just seems to be...gone.

Also, Bone Soldier is returning. Whether it'll be the same guy under the mask or not, who knows. It could be Kitamura, and that whole thing is a work. Smart money is on it being Flip Gordon. No definitive date for his re-debut, though. Possibly during that 10 man match? 

Finally got round to watching Wrestlemania. Ronda's debut was far from perfect, but she was booked perfectly and has an obscene amount of potential. I have no issue at all with booked her in these, ahem, 'dream matches' while she's still learning, and before she joins the women's division proper. 

Biggest surprise for me was seeing Drake Younger/Wuertz as the referee. Has he been called up from NXT recently? They must trust him massively to give him that match at WM. Loved him squaring up to trips! Chuffed for the guy though, the punishment he went through during his career earning probably a pittance in comparison to his ref wage for WWE is scary to look back on now. 

The colour in the main event! Ruthless stuff from Lesnar. And hearing a very 'CHAOS' Nakamura talk trash in Japanese to AJ made up for the disappointment of their match too. 

On 4/13/2018 at 12:02, JB said:

You’ve completely missed the point. 

So expansion and profit is more important than equal rights for employees? 

I hope Steve Austin turns up and cracks open a few beers ;)

Â