The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

And have carmella end aksuras run? That would be the worst booking ever 

It's a tricky one, I could see her failing to cash it in - would they do that to her? I could see her trying to take it on Raw after WM.

So it's the day of WWE Fastlane.. I actually think this will be the first WWE PPV I won't be tuning into Live in a long time. 

I know the upcoming WrestleMania card is looking weak, but Fastlane is looking like it's going to be a complete non-event because the only match that could go either way is Naomi/Lynch vs Natalya/Carmella, the rest are booked into a corner because of WrestleMania. Styles isn't losing, Flair isn't losing, Roode isn't losing, Uso's aren't losing and Nakamura isn't losing. This is an event where nothing is going to happen, nothing is going to change and it's merely time wasting filler before the grandest stage of them all.. This entire PPV is nothing but the fastlane to boredom.

Speaking of WrestleMania.. I really hope this years event carries on the tradition of weak cards leading to a surprisingly good WrestleMania. I just don't understand how they plan to book most of it especially the Women. I thought they were going to have Bliss lose at Elimination Chamber to set up Bliss/Jax, have Asuka challenge the winner of Elimination Chamber and have Flair face someone, I don't care who with Carmella to cash in. Instead they opted for Bliss to win which has really sent the rest of the booking into disarray, I don't know how they are going to solve it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daweii said:

So it's the day of WWE Fastlane.. I actually think this will be the first WWE PPV I won't be tuning into Live in a long time. 

I know the upcoming WrestleMania card is looking weak, but Fastlane is looking like it's going to be a complete non-event because the only match that could go either way is Naomi/Lynch vs Natalya/Carmella, the rest are booked into a corner because of WrestleMania. Styles isn't losing, Flair isn't losing, Roode isn't losing, Uso's aren't losing and Nakamura isn't losing. This is an event where nothing is going to happen, nothing is going to change and it's merely time wasting filler before the grandest stage of them all.. This entire PPV is nothing but the fastlane to boredom.

Speaking of WrestleMania.. I really hope this years event carries on the tradition of weak cards leading to a surprisingly good WrestleMania. I just don't understand how they plan to book most of it especially the Women. I thought they were going to have Bliss lose at Elimination Chamber to set up Bliss/Jax, have Asuka challenge the winner of Elimination Chamber and have Flair face someone, I don't care who with Carmella to cash in. Instead they opted for Bliss to win which has really sent the rest of the booking into disarray, I don't know how they are going to solve it. 

Agree with all of that . I think this is going to be one of the worst wm in years

• Like 1

Spoiler

Nakamura - Styles

Asuka - Flair

Jax - Bliss

Orton - Roode - Mahal

Balor - Rollins - Miz

Steph and HHH - Rousey and Kurt

Shane Mc - Owens - Zane

Reigns - Lesnar 

Underaker - Cena

Usos - New Day - Bludgeon Brothers

The Bar - ?????

Predicted card after Fastlane... I quite like it 

Edited by Dick
  • Like 1

Just seen the fastelane highlights, looked pretty decent,main event was really good

Spoiler

The bludgeon brothers destruction was awesome, they remind me of the brothers of destruction, but that powerbomb to Xavier on steel steps looked like it hurt.

Asuka v Flair was a wise move too.

How can you not watch Wrestlemania now??

Edited by supermon

7 hours ago, Dick said:
  Hide contents

Nakamura - Styles

Asuka - Flair

Jax - Bliss

Orton - Roode - Mahal

Balor - Rollins - Miz

Steph and HHH - Rousey and Kurt

Shane Mc - Owens - Zane

Reigns - Lesnar 

Underaker - Cena

Usos - New Day - Bludgeon Brothers

The Bar - ?????

Predicted card after Fastlane... I quite like it 

Spoiler

There must be a Daniel Bryan element to Shane O Mac, Sami Zane and K Owens, would be good to see Daniel Bryan wrestle at Wrestlemania 

On 11/03/2018 at 10:19, Daweii said:

Spoiler

Basically this is Fastlane 

predicatable event 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:
  Hide contents

Basically this is Fastlane 

predicatable event 

Spoiler

It's unfortunate how predictable it was. The only "curveball" was Orton winning, but that doesn't alter WrestleMania at all as it's still going to be Orton vs Roode with the added bonus of Mahal which no one asked for. 

I still don't know their plans for Carmella, unless they play the whole "It was never specified that she had to cash in on a Smackdown Champion" as she cashes in on the winner of Jax/Bliss, but if they play it straight and she has to cash in on Flair/Asuka then that's going to be awkward. 

The rest of WrestleMania as far as the card goes it's not looking as bad if the predictions are accurate, but it's still lacking in wow factor that hopefully the excitement on the night will make up for a bit... I hope. 

12 hours ago, Daweii said:
  Hide contents

It's unfortunate how predictable it was. The only "curveball" was Orton winning, but that doesn't alter WrestleMania at all as it's still going to be Orton vs Roode with the added bonus of Mahal which no one asked for. 

I still don't know their plans for Carmella, unless they play the whole "It was never specified that she had to cash in on a Smackdown Champion" as she cashes in on the winner of Jax/Bliss, but if they play it straight and she has to cash in on Flair/Asuka then that's going to be awkward. 

The rest of WrestleMania as far as the card goes it's not looking as bad if the predictions are accurate, but it's still lacking in wow factor that hopefully the excitement on the night will make up for a bit... I hope. 

I think the reason Orton won was so they can turn Roode. 

As for Carmella, it will be so stupid if she is the one to end aksuras run, if anything it should be rousey. They should have had carmella cash in at elimination chamber. 

If I was booking this I would have carmella cash in at MITB and win it, then the new MITB winner of 2018 cashes straight away on carmella on same night. now that would be a monster twist that has never been done. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Carmella will cash in on Alexa I reckon after she beats Nia but is knackered/beaten down after by Nia. 

I think the opposite, i think nia will win and alexa injures her then carmella cashes in. wont make much sense as they have implied its for SD only. but with aksura seemingly moving to SD it makes sense putting carmella on raw. but carmella will make a poor champion. alexa, nia are far better heels than her. she will struggle on raw i think. they should have given MITB to becky lynch 

Spoiler

So Braun Strowman vs The Bar for the tag team titles, i think thats actually a great idea and a good way to make Braun relevent in Wrestlemania.  He'd absolutely tear the division up by himself.  Also thought Roman Reigns and John Cena cut some great promos for Wrestlemania.  

Hint of a possible heel John Cena vs Baby face Undertaker?  Bring back the Dr of Thugonomics please!!

I’m looking forward to that as well, plus Asuka vs Charlotte and the IC match. Not much interest in anything else tbh. Hoping a few matches will surprise like Usos/New Day/BB and Shane/KO/Zayn. Otherwise it’s looking a bit plop.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Styles vs Nakamura for the title at WM is incredible, I'll be watching for that alone.

its a shame we all know how the ending will be there unfortunately. but will be a epic match 

Asuka v Flair

Cena v Taker

Styles v Nakamura 

Things are looking slightly better. I reckon the US title will go the same way as the IC and we will have Orton v Jinder v Roode.

Not sure where Corbin, Zayn, Owens, Ziggler fit into WM.

3 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Asuka v Flair

Cena v Taker

Styles v Nakamura 

Things are looking slightly better. I reckon the US title will go the same way as the IC and we will have Orton v Jinder v Roode.

Not sure where Corbin, Zayn, Owens, Ziggler fit into WM.

all predictable outcomes though

asuka

taker

nakamura

i think it will be shane and mystery partner vs owens & sami

Â