• Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Delfouneso (for Warnock 77)

On another note, I've been watching Petrov a bit more lately and I've just started to notice how good a player he really is. Don't know why he gets so much flak from other Villa fans.

Probably my favorite Villa player. He can play some fantastic balls and your always confident when he has the ball.

I do think he would be better utilised in a three man midfield with a runner and a creative player.

On another note, I've been watching Petrov a bit more lately and I've just started to notice how good a player he really is. Don't know why he gets so much flak from other Villa fans.

Probably my favorite Villa player. He can play some fantastic balls and your always confident when he has the ball.

I do think he would be better utilised in a three man midfield with a runner and a creative player.

such a solid player. honestly think you could count the number of times he's given the ball away this season on two hands. just wish he would demand the ball more and be more adventurous with his passing - he has the ability to do so.

such a solid player. honestly think you could count the number of times he's given the ball away this season on two hands. just wish he would demand the ball more and be more adventurous with his passing - he has the ability to do so.

In all fairness if most of your passes are back to your defenders, who haven't got an opposition player within 20 yards of them, you won't give the ball away.

Petrov didn't play one forward pass tonight, and I can't remember the last time that he did. He links play well and is tenacious in his play, but a playmaker he is not, not at all.

lucky in the end but think we got the point that we deserved

very disappointed in downing and carew tonight. downing just constantly pulling out of challenges, giving the ball away, wasting chances. Carew just doing nothing basically . . .

think downing has the potential and will proove to be a good signing, just needs to be shown that he isn't guaranteed his spot in the team.

id bring delph in for him and put milner back out on the right for a few games. and if it goes well then downing will have to wait until he gets another chance.

wouldn't be too worried about spurs winning, as if we are going to go for 4th (which is looking unlikely), then its Man City that we have to catch up with anyway.

My message to fellow fans would be 'Don't give up yet! If we beat Pompey and Hull in our next 2 games, and Man City drop points to United then we are right back in it!'

Seen as we had the best defence for a while we look dangerously open when poeple attack us now. Fair result i guess even though we started well. Wasted a lot of play in the second half though with a distinct lack of movement and too many long balls.

In all fairness if most of your passes are back to your defenders, who haven't got an opposition player within 20 yards of them, you won't give the ball away.

Petrov didn't play one forward pass tonight, and I can't remember the last time that he did. He links play well and is tenacious in his play, but a playmaker he is not, not at all.

Thats rubbish he played a couple of blinders!

I dont think expecting the manager to sometimes play the best right back at the club at right back for instance is expecting too much.

Cuellar tonight was a hell of a lot better than young was against Chelseagiven that he has been stuck on the bench all season this is no surprise, even so, i dont think he stood out as playing much worse than the rest of team remember we did lose 7-1

I dont think expecting the manager to make proactive changes when its patently obvious week on week that plan A is not working, is too much too ask

What the magical plan B that would have had us hammering a quality Everton side? What exactly would that have been.I dont recall anywhere suggesting that i expected us to hammer an very good everton side, Just a bit of experimentation and realistic opportunity to see what alternatives we have on offer might give us the fresh imputus we seem to have been lacking for a while now

Same team, same tactics, same performance, same result

Same result as what? We haven't had a draw in the last 3 games?

no but we tend to draw more games then anyone else apart from maybe stoke

Friedel - 6 - One good save.

Cuellar - 7 - Solid.

Warnock - 5 - Clumsy. Seems nervous at times.

Dunne - 5 - Lost Cahill for the first goal and let A.Young mark Cahill for the second.

Collins - 5,5 - Unbalanced partnership with Dunne.

A.Young - 5,5 - One good cross. His job is getting crosses in. 0,5 minus for his ball-kick.

Downing - 6 - Good start to the game, but the same as A.Young.

Milner - 7 - Tried his best. One good cross.

Petrov - 7,5 - MOTM. Quality today.

Gabby - 6 - Quiet game. No service from the midfield wide men.

Carew - 6 - Like Gabby. No balls to work with.

Delfouneso - 6 - Not on long enough to make a mark.

I agree with the Petrov comments he holds up the ball so well and you know when he gets the ball it will make it to a villa player and I thought tonight he made some very intelligent moves and passes.

I also thought Cuellar had a good game, so he's not a natural right back we know his crosses aren't brilliant but I do really like this guy and he is becoming a lot more competent at right back.

On the game itself, we were lacklustre everyone looks like they could do with a good rest. We were over ran by their 5 in midfield and they looked like they had more energy, glad we got a point though.

didn't deserve a point in my opinion. Of course I was delighted though. what a shit refereeing performance as well, they might have well have being passing him the ball and playing some neat one-twos he was that biased towards them.

Also what the fck has happend to everton players, when did they become such tarts?

We are knackered.

Thats rubbish he played a couple of blinders!

Crikey, did I blink twice?

I must go to the doctors and get that tick sorted :winkold:

And Everton are a hateful team. I hope Young gives Pienaar's balls a bit more of a belting next time.

Couldn't agree more. I lost a LOT of respect for Everton tonight. The amount of time-wasting and feigning injury was a disgrace. Pienaar was the main culprit.

It's not sour grapes on my part seen as we got the draw in the end, I just hate seeing teams do that.

Just shows we dont tire after 60 minutes ok they got a goal but we can back twice in the last 20 minutes against a good Everton side.

Top 6 finish will be good espeically as it means finishing ahead of Liverpool, who would of siad that at the start of the season.

You have to remember how much City have spent and we are still aroud the Top 6. We need 8 points from 5 games to beat last years 62 points.