• Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Delfouneso (for Warnock 77)

Anyone think Cuellar was pretty good today?

Seemed to have better control and dribbling. Still prone to some very wayward crosses or passes.

I thought his passing was genuinely good tonight. I might have missed some terrible ones I guess but he looked pretty comfortable all over the shop. Including a brilliant moment were he was the furthest forward player in the first half on the right wing, made me smile.

Keep it up Carlos.

Everton 2nd in the league if it had started at Xmas, our boys tired from the Wembley efforts, a good point that showed we fought till the end. I ignore the crap being spouted by many about MON, 11-15 points from the last 5 please and lets see where we end up.

I don't care if Everton where last on the table! This is VILLA PARK. We should be sweeping the floor with anybody! Why should we be content with a point against teams like Everton, Tottenham, Manchester City, Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea? Are they all better than us? Are we only the 8th best team in the country? If so, MON and everybody else should stop talking us up and say we can get the 4th spot.

Last season MON were laughing it away and we were in pole position. Now he is saying we can get it, but the team is worse! Say what you want, but Barry in the team instead of Downing is a better option. And Dunne has been playing strange lately, And Warnock still makes me nervous...Luke Young never made me nervous!

Yes - Everton's debateable though if you look at the league table. Possibly 7th best

Then we should be **** celebrating that we still are 7th!

Well it is the new 4th don't ya know

Cool :)

I thought the Everton players were absolutely disgraceful today. Time wasting right from when they first scored. Howard wasted 5 minutes on his own, should have gotten 2 yellows. the Pienaar 'injury' was a joke. Delighted they **** it up in injury time

You know Young kicked him in the nuts right?

Cuellar was good. Can understand that L. Young don't play more after his disaster against Chelsea.

We could have had Messi on the bench all season with no match practice at all, and suddenly he would get a start, 3 months after his last appearance. I don't think he would be a world beater in that game... I understand that right now Cuellar is good enough, but this should be a squad game...and here MON has failed. Sorry to repeat what has been said before...

More dissapointed in the reactions than the result tbh. We were the better team over 90 minutes but the result was fair, it was a cracking game of football and we were only let down by some poor defending on the set pieces. Gabby was quality throughout but MOTM was Cuellar who should have answered some of his critics tonight but sadly their glasses are too fogged up with hatred to notice.

too many negative vibes from this forum imo.
Welcome to VT. God knows how bad it would've been if we'd lost.

you talk about mon cant win? we lose and you moan that people criticise, but if we get a jammy draw via a last minute own goal we are supposed to applaud politely after another second half pasting? we were at home against a team below us in the league you know...

If we are talking about it in those terms then we should beat everyone from the start of the season bar Arsenal as they are lower in the league than us?!

I understand what you are saying though and people can criticise at performances - I just think its all seeming like alot of negativity at the moment though. Everton in all fairness have been playing quite well of late and we are obviously not playing to our full potential - but thats football!

I think people are expecting a bit too much at the moment. I quite like Mantis and his positive vibes though - we need to support MON and the team rather than just criticise at every turn.

I think this is the thing that frustrates most people and manifests itself in negativity, as its clear to most people that root cause of us as a SQUAD not playing to it's full potential stems from MONs stubbornness and Tactical ineptitude.

I dont think expecting the manager to sometimes play the best right back at the club at right back for instance is expecting too much.

I dont think expecting the manager to make proactive changes when its patently obvious week on week that plan A is not working, is too much too ask

Same team, same tactics, same performance, same result

you talk about mon cant win? we lose and you moan that people criticise, but if we get a jammy draw via a last minute own goal we are supposed to applaud politely after another second half pasting? we were at home against a team below us in the league you know...

But we didn't lose today, and when we do lose I don't moan if people's criticisms are fair instead of knee-jerk calls for MON's head. Same with the draws. There are some valid criticisms but as usual (typical predictable VT) certain people are going OTT.

We were hardly pasted in the second half. Are people actually watching us in the second half now or just jumping on the bandwagon of saying we tire early?

Refs performance was a disgrace, it's getting ridiculous! If anyone seen the Cahill dragging Gabby down, how did the linesman miss it but the gave a free kick for a tackle! 4th over now, hope MON allows the boys to play with a bit of freedom now!

But we didn't lose today, and when we do lose I don't moan if people's criticisms are fair instead of knee-jerk calls for MON's head. Same with the draws. There are some valid criticisms but as usual (typical predictable VT) certain people are going OTT.

We were hardly pasted in the second half. Are people actually watching us in the second half now or just jumping on the bandwagon of saying we tire early?

It is not about the result or play. We want to win! We expect to challenge the best, we want to be the best. We have won one game each month in 2010. Something is not right. One bad game here and there, and I wont moan...but we can't win games! I am annoyed!

I dont think expecting the manager to sometimes play the best right back at the club at right back for instance is expecting too much.

Cuellar tonight was a hell of a lot better than young was against Chelsea

I dont think expecting the manager to make proactive changes when its patently obvious week on week that plan A is not working, is too much too ask

What the magical plan B that would have had us hammering a quality Everton side? What exactly would that have been.

Same team, same tactics, same performance, same result

Same result as what? We haven't had a draw in the last 3 games?

On another note, I've been watching Petrov a bit more lately and I've just started to notice how good a player he really is. Don't know why he gets so much flak from other Villa fans.

Difference is you watch him, they just hate him and ignore everything good he does.

Yeah the referee was poor, it wasn't an even contest as Everton got the majority of 50/50 decisions. They targeted Milner a lot in the game and Gabby. The linesman's decision to award Everton the free kick which resulted with them scoring was a poor decision.

Surprised theres not been more talk of the ref actually. Apparently it's really, really difficult to foul a Villa player.

Asides from that... reactions.

Friedel - 6 - Couple of good saves first half, could have done better for the second goal I think.

Cuellar - 8 - MOTM for me. Really good performance going forwards and defending.

Warnock - 6 - Could have gotten forward a bit more.

Dunne - 5 - Not his day today at all, lost Cahill for the first.

Collins - 6 - Nothing spectacular.

Young - 6 - Deliveries were largely dire again, but some nice play first half and instrumental in the 90th min OG

Downing - 6 - If he'd have kept that first 20min performance up he'd have steamrollered the MOTM for me. As it was he faded and his crossing went wayward. It's strange, I think he generally puts in pretty good deliveries until he cocks one up, then they're all poor. When it is a good one though, it's a really good one. And he isn't worse than Balaban, shock horror *rolly ete thingy*

Milner - 6 - Not his best game, targetted by Everton again.

Petrov - 7 - Quality shines through, good game.

Gabby - 7 - Hard to shine with no service, but had a couple of good touches and runs. Nice header for the first.

Carew - 6 - Like Gabby it's difficult to do well with no service, but the wild lash really sums it up, should do so much better.

Delfouneso - 6 - He's got quality about him and I think he will be an asset in the future because he's got that difference in style. But not ready yet still for me.

It wasn't a bad performance for me, we tried initially to play differently, more possession more passing but there wasn't enough bite to it. when that comes it'll be great. It's also worth saying that with those ratings, had our deliveries been better, I could have seen pretty much all of those marks go up at least 1.

We'll have worse games.

And Everton are a hateful team. I hope Young gives Pienaar's balls a bit more of a belting next time.

By the way we need a new keeper as this one is stuck to his line!

I agree . Friedel's career is in decline IMO. He isn't as athletic as keepers like James and will only get worse tbh. Guzan isn't quite ready either .