• Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Delfouneso (for Warnock 77)

Everton 2nd in the league if it had started at Xmas, our boys tired from the Wembley efforts, a good point that showed we fought till the end. I ignore the crap being spouted by many about MON, 11-15 points from the last 5 please and lets see where we end up.

I don't care if Everton was last on the table! This is VILLA PARK. We should be sweeping the floor with anybody! Why should we be content with a point against teams like Everton, Tottenham, Manchester City, Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea? Are they all better than us? Are we only the 8th best team in the country? If so, MON and everybody else should stop talking us up and say we can get the 4th spot.

Last season MON were laughing it away and we were in pole position. Now he is saying we can get it, but the team is worse! Say what you want, but Barry in the team instead of Downing is a better option. And Dunne has been playing strange lately, And Warnock still makes me nervous...Luke Young never made me nervous!

Thinking positively, Everton are a tough team to beat and break down.

Cahill for them is always a workhorse and a big threat for them.

If this game was earlier on in the season, before we all seem to feel like we are good enough for a 4th place finish, I, for one, would have taken the draw.

Yes, we cannot hide that there is still much work to do and we need strengthening, but we have had a long hard season, mainly using the same starting 11. Give the boys credit, they are no doubt looking forward to the end of the season for a much needed break.

I am fully behind MON and I trust in him, albeit, he frustrates the shit out of me at times, but, I believe, he is still the man to lead us forward.

The summer will be a massive test for him in how he sets us up for that final season of the supposed '5 year plan'.

Stick with him fella's, give him our support up to the final match of the season and give him the credit he deserves for this seasons performances.

too many negative vibes from this forum imo.
Welcome to VT. God knows how bad it would've been if we'd lost.

you talk about mon cant win? we lose and you moan that people criticise, but if we get a jammy draw via a last minute own goal we are supposed to applaud politely after another second half pasting? we were at home against a team below us in the league you know...

Everton 2nd in the league if it had started at Xmas, our boys tired from the Wembley efforts, a good point that showed we fought till the end. I ignore the crap being spouted by many about MON, 11-15 points from the last 5 please and lets see where we end up.

I don't care if Everton where last on the table! This is VILLA PARK. We should be sweeping the floor with anybody! Why should we be content with a point against teams like Everton, Tottenham, Manchester City, Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea? Are they all better than us? Are we only the 8th best team in the country? If so, MON and everybody else should stop talking us up and say we can get the 4th spot.

Last season MON were laughing it away and we were in pole position. Now he is saying we can get it, but the team is worse! Say what you want, but Barry in the team instead of Downing is a better option. And Dunne has been playing strange lately, And Warnock still makes me nervous...Luke Young never made me nervous!

Yes - Everton's debateable though if you look at the league table. Possibly 7th best

It was a deserved point, although lucky.

Funny that I heard O'Neill say that against Wolves and the game before it..

But this was a deserved point.

I seriously hope the away support on Sunday aren't as miserable as this.

Of course it was, we were lucky, which is why we will never be good unless we change the management.

I thought we played rather well in the first half and they got the goal against the run of play. We should have scored at least 2 goals but if we don't take our chances that's what you get.

The second half was poor. No creativity and every cross was poor. Both goals were gifts from our defenders who should be dealing with those balls and I also question Friedel in the second one.

I don't know how I feel about getting 1 point from this game. One thing we have to fix is our home form. We're unbeaten at home in the last seven games but six of them have been draws. No creativity at all and the only answer we have is to get the ball out to the flanks and if that doesn't work we're ****.

I'm still not sure MON is the man to take us further but he deserves at least next season to show if he can surprise us.

We need a quality striker in the summer and a creative midfielder. If that doesn't happen, for whatever reason, then we will stagnate.

Friedel - 5 - He could have done better in the second goal and didn't command his area like he's used to.

Cuellar - 7 (MOTM) - Was excellent in the first half and he was surprisingly good going forward.

Warnock - 6 - Okay

Dunne - 5 - Poor defending in the set pieces.

Collins - 6 - Okay

Young - 5 - Poor deliveries

Downing - 5 - Good in the first half but couldn't cross a decent ball in the second.

Petrov - 6 - Controlled the game in the first half but way too passive in the second half.

Milner - 6 - Seems to me like he's just run out of steam. I don't notice him as much as I used to.

Carew - 5 -Got into some good positions but sometimes looks like he can't be bothered. Drives me **** mad.

Agbonlahor - 6 - Would have gotten a 5 but for his goal. Virtually anonymous for the most part.

I don't care if Everton where last on the table! This is VILLA PARK. We should be sweeping the floor with anybody! Why should we be content with a point against teams like Everton, Tottenham, Manchester City, Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea? Are they all better than us? Are we only the 8th best team in the country? If so, MON and everybody else should stop talking us up and say we can get the 4th spot.

Yes - Everton's debateable though if you look at the league table. Possibly 7th best

Then we should be **** celebrating that we still are 7th!

When we conceded again after scoring I felt mentally struck down.

It's getting quite sad and desperate now, 6 draws from our last 7 at home? We're hanging in by the skin of our teeth but it means we have to get atleast 12 points now which means 4 wins which right now, despite our easy fixtures (except for citeh) just won't be happening. We're getting worse and worse now and it won't surprise me if Everton still finish above us. This isn't negativity I'm just looking at the situation now realistically.

It was a deserved point, although lucky.

Funny that I heard O'Neill say that against Wolves and the game before it..

But this was a deserved point.

I seriously hope the away support on Sunday aren't as miserable as this.

Of course it was, we were lucky, which is why we will never be good unless we change the management.

It was a deserved point, Carew missed a sitter, while Cuellar missed a sitter too, Howard made a great save from Milner. They didn't have too many chances, Neville and Bilyandtov.(sp)

We were lucky in how the second goal went in but in the first half, we could have been 2/3-1 up and we dominated the first half.

Interesting point about Dunne and Warnock. Dunne made a brilliant last ditch tackle to keep us in the game today but was at fault for Chelsea's first on Sat. He is often excellent but sometimes loses it and commits horrible errors.

I thought Young was better for us at left back than Warnock has been so far.

Then we should be **** celebrating that we still are 7th!

Well it is the new 4th don't ya know

As I said it always is a fair result as a Villa fan. Get someone in that knows how to do the business, that actually has a **** plan B other than backing up the teams they got beat against.

Everton created little bar the goals they scored from set pieces, I still maintain the first was dubious. People on here love to harp about how poor our strikers are, Yakubu was shocking and Saha (no goals in 8 games) was poor again. Us and Everton are both well matched teams, I fail to see our season ending when we can still very much secure a top 6 finish again.

I thought the Everton players were absolutely disgraceful today. Time wasting right from when they first scored. Howard wasted 5 minutes on his own, should have gotten 2 yellows. the Pienaar 'injury' was a joke. Delighted they **** it up in injury time

Friedel - 6 - Hmmmmm.

Cuellar - 7 - Played well.

Dunne - 6 - Average. Poor for first goal.

Collins - 7 - Solid

Warnock - 7 - Solid.

Downing - 6.5 - Started well but poor second half.

Young - 6 - Poor game all round.

Petrov - 6.5 - Didn't doo too much, did fairly well.

Milner - 7 - Drove the team on and possibly our best player.

Carew - 6.5 - A thread but missed a great chance.

Agbonlahor - 7.5 - Biggest threat, good header and just about MOTM.

too many negative vibes from this forum imo.
Welcome to VT. God knows how bad it would've been if we'd lost.

you talk about mon cant win? we lose and you moan that people criticise, but if we get a jammy draw via a last minute own goal we are supposed to applaud politely after another second half pasting? we were at home against a team below us in the league you know...

If we are talking about it in those terms then we should beat everyone from the start of the season bar Arsenal as they are lower in the league than us?!

I understand what you are saying though and people can criticise at performances - I just think its all seeming like alot of negativity at the moment though. Everton in all fairness have been playing quite well of late and we are obviously not playing to our full potential - but thats football!

I think people are expecting a bit too much at the moment. I quite like Mantis and his positive vibes though - we need to support MON and the team rather than just criticise at every turn.