• Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Delfouneso (for Warnock 77)

My view, which will an all likelihood get abused as it usually does on here after we play you ;)

Draw was probably just about a fair result in my eyes, but I am angry and disappointed that we couldn't hold out again. We spurned too many good situations and it cost us in the end.

Of course, you are all moaning about our "injuries", I think they were genuinely hurt (they dont go down and stay down often you know...), as you see Heitinga had to go off with an injury (he was a huge loss) and Pienaar got a hefty whack on his nuts from Young, which from my view looked very deliberate and nasty.

Ref was bad, I'm saying no more on that because I always end up talking about them.

Thought you would of learnt to mark Cahill after the 1st goal at least, one of the best attacking headers of the ball in the game (imo) and you give him 2 gifts like that! 2 more assists from Baines, doing himself no harm for a place at the WC.

I have literally just seen the foul for the first goal again, and it's a foul, he touches the ball with his knee but he's already brought Osman down.

Yakubu was crap, when he wants to be he is a quality player but tonight...horrible...Saha looked a lot more dangerous when he came on.

You'll probably jump on me for this too but can't help feel what might have been had either Arteta or Fellaini played, 2 hugely influential players (no doutbs I will get something about Fellaini only making us "even more dirty" ;)) who I feel would have made a real difference for us today.

Anyways, as I say, disappointed with the draw after being up, but in the end it is probably a fair reflection of the game.

Oh and your 2 goals were poor from our point of view, very defendable if we had got our act together. Howard made some good saves though.

You say the goals Everton conceded were bad, but the goals we conceded were terrible.

I didn't mind Everton before this game but I now hate them. Horrible, cheating, time-wasting bastards. Especially Baines and Neville who took about 2 minutes to take each throw in they had.

Oh and I didn't realise how much Pienaar dives. I remember Everton fans complaining about Young diving but Pienaar is just as bad. Very hypocritical.

Yakubu was crap, when he wants to be he is a quality player but tonight...horrible

Most weeks that could easily be a Villa fan posting about Carew. Glad to see we're not the only one with a massively frustrating striker.

good point in the circumstances, great spirit to get back in it after going behind again. thought it was quite an even game.

milner MOTM for me, he never stops running, puts in such a shift every match.

the free kick for their first goal was right in front of me, never a foul. what is it with us and shit decisions lately?

thought petrov was good today.

also everton were horrible, time wasting from as soon as they scored in the first half.

great save from howard though from cuellars header. JC shouldve scored his chance at the near post.

all in all its a good point against a good side, i just fear that it isnt enough and we now need a miracle to catch citeh. i think it has gone.

I reckon a draw was a fair result. We had some good chances. Howard was the busier American.

Some of the players do look tired however. I thought it was a very good game. Milner was best.

... We seem to be trying to play a bit more to me, and it's not quite working yet. ...

I agree.

first 20 mins very good. passing and movement a lot better than usual, shooting from distance which was nice...

... we kept the ball at the start and looked good, and i think it kept us from really tiring like we usually do at the end - so we were able to keep going and get a goal. we need to play like this more

I agree.

Excellent first half display ...

It was an alright result in the end ....

I agree.

I don't think we've played badly to be honest really....

... The same predictable shit every single time!!!...

We played well and this one wasn' t the same predictable shit.

I thought the first half was a good entertianing open game with both side going for it, ansd we played well...

I agree.

... Performers tonight, Downing i thought was on for a real fizzer then didn't, ...

IMO Downing was excellent in the first half, the secont half was more difficult for the whole team.

...I think we are trying to play more alright, we need a better link to the forwards though. We have it from time to time with Young and Downing sometimes moving inside,...

I agree.

I was surprised. The first half was excellent IMO. But Everton went ahead twice which made it difficult for us. But we came back, twice! Actually, IMO this was one of the best games this season performance wise, if not the best. And it was a fair result.

But I am disappointed because (unexpectedly) Spurs won.

great start but fadded,we struggle to keep the preasure,again missed chances in front of goal ! im getting very frustrated with downing! hes bottling his 50/50s,his delivery is poor, i think we should move millner to the right again,bring in delph & sidwell & bench carew & downing. :D

I think we need to add a "Non of them they were all shite" option to the poll, it would get my vote.

couldnt disagree more, thought it was a good performance from all. Two poor goals to concede but nice to see us try and play a bit of football. If we score some of our easy chances your looking at a very different game.

Thought Carew was excellent, how many times did he bring the ball down in the box and bully Jagielka, just a shame we couldnt link up better with him.

Very frustrating as usual, some of our passing from defence and in the midfield is excellent, it's just the lack of movement and creativity in the final 3rd we lack. We're always looking for a wide man, who 9 times out of 10 knocks in a hopefull cross which alot of the time is either too long, or doesn't find a Villa player.

We're 1 or 2 players away from a really good team, which is frustrating.

Fair game all in all last night though, was happy with a point come the end

Fk wasn't a fk and Cahill pushed Dunne. Milner had the second header covered until Friedel got a hand to it, unlucky really. No idea why Dunne wasn't marking the Aussie tosser second time around though.

I must say I'm a fan of the Cuellar pass into Carew's feet from out wide, ok he only does it as he can't cross but it creates us a Chance every game

Fk wasn't a fk and Cahill pushed Dunne. Milner had the second header covered until Friedel got a hand to it, unlucky really. No idea why Dunne wasn't marking the Aussie tosser second time around though.

I must say I'm a fan of the Cuellar pass into Carew's feet from out wide, ok he only does it as he can't cross but it creates us a Chance every game

I sit right behind the goal and Ashley Young was on Cahill and shouting at Dunne about it, Dunne turned to Ashley Young and said "get on the post" and pointed to the back post, Ashley Young had his back to me but clearly said something and stayed where he was then Dunne turned to him and said "I've got him" in reference to Cahill.

Seconds later Dunne was still marked the point Cahill started from and the ball was in the back of the net.

Without doubt we have the Worst Strikers in the top 8.... to still be in there is a credit to the rest of the team.

Gabby is so shit, ok he scored a header anyone could of scored but his movement is so shocking as he follows the defenders rather than the defenders going after him. Also when he is one on one he panics when they back off cus he has no skill or football ability, just speed and its not enough.

Everton brought on Saha as a sub, and he is better than anything we have in the striking department!

Dunne-looked solid, particularly in this first half

Downing-Again at times looked very lightweight, he needs to go to the Gabby Agbonlahor school of beefing up.

Cuellar-Had some absolutely shocking touches, particularly that header in the first half.

Milner-Worked tirelessly again, played some nice stuff but also made one or two wayward passes.

Gabby-Came to live in the second after a rather anonymous first half, started to run the channels, worked hard and got a goal.

Carew-Should've put that effort away in the first half, otherwise looked lethargic. We need a quality front man to partner Gabby.

Petrov-Had a calming effect on the game, picked out some decent passes and looks to be one of the few players we have whose composed on the ball.

If we'd taken those 3 chances in the first half it would have been a different result, as it was we were lucky to grab a draw. If we'd turned half the games we've drawn this season into wins we'd be sitting pretty in 4th. We need more killer instinct and i think we'll only get it with a world class striker.

Without doubt we have the Worst Strikers in the top 8.... to still be in there is a credit to the rest of the team.

Gabby is so shit, ok he scored a header anyone could of scored but his movement is so shocking as he follows the defenders rather than the defenders going after him. Also when he is one on one he panics when they back off cus he has no skill or football ability, just speed and its not enough.

Everton brought on Saha as a sub, and he is better than anything we have in the striking department!

Gabby's one on ones this season have been less than impressive, however he is the best striker at this club, he's our top goalscorer in the league, his goal tally has emproved every season, he runs the channels well, he's strong, he sits on the last man that's why he's always near a defender. I sometimes think his movement could be better but to call him "shit" is just moronic.

I can't speak for anyone else, but my overall frustration comes from the season as a whole, if we had taken the points we should have earlier in the season we wouldnt be in this position. This is laregely due to the managers "managing" or "mismanaging". Yes we all know Everton are a good team, so I wasnt necessarily "expecting" anything. I think we actually made a very decent account of ourselves, but right now, my sentiments remain the same. MOn will never change!