Chances He Leaves  

258 members have voted

1. 1. Chances He Leaves

• Very Likely
    • Somewhat Likely
    • 50/50
    • Probably Not
    • Definitely Not

Not a cat in hells chance. He has a job to finish, a job that on the whole he has and continues to do very well. He'll be around for at least another season. He is also far too intelligent to let a few mindless morons sway him into throwing the towel in thankfully.

.....Thats interesting,

I'm not sure what will happen, but I would suspect that, if he goes it will be of his own volition.

I suspect some folk will look at the departures

Arron Hughes

Craig Gardner

Kevin Phillips

Gary Cahill

Steven Davis

JLloyd Samuel

Gavin McCann

Thomas Sorensen

Zat Knight

Liam Ridgewell

and say we have spent c £100 million to improve our squad and yet these boys above are still performing in the prem and are not involved in any relegation teams.....??????? just being devils advocate.

ps ....yes davis is in the SPL, but still a decent standard of team.

My word theres somes shit players there.

i cant really imagine how much more spectacular it could get than a run of three wins in 11 culminating in the heaviest defeat in living memory and going from the best placed team to finish fourth to odds on for seventh in less than two months - for the second season in a row.

we could go on to win the cup i know - but then again so could portsmouth but it doesnt really mean it will have been a good season for them.

Are you saying that if we won the FA Cup you wouldn't think it's been a good season?

i cant really imagine how much more spectacular it could get than a run of three wins in 11 culminating in the heaviest defeat in living memory and going from the best placed team to finish fourth to odds on for seventh in less than two months - for the second season in a row.

we could go on to win the cup i know - but then again so could portsmouth but it doesnt really mean it will have been a good season for them.

Are you saying that if we won the FA Cup you wouldn't think it's been a good season?

it will have been better than portsmouths, but winning the cup and finishing 9th will be like putting a pretty candle on a cake that tastes like sh1t.

We lost in the cup final, after beating a load of shite teams to get there. It's a bit small time to still be going on about it.

It wasn't that long ago we weren't beating these shite teams. You should at least be happy that we're now beating shite teams when we're drawn against them, no?

it will have been better than portsmouths, but winning the cup and finishing 9th will be like putting a pretty candle on a cake that tastes like sh1t.

So winning our first FA Cup in over 50 years would still leave you unhappy overall?

I hope it's a 100% nailed on certainty that he goes. Dreadful manager.

Wycombe Wanderers. Two successive promotions.

Leicester City. Promotion to to the Premier League. 9th, 10th and 8th. Led them to 3 League Cup finals where they won 2 out of 3. (Remind me where they are now?)

Celtic. 3 SPL Championship's. Won the Scottish Cup 3 times. Won the Scottish League Cup. Reached the UEFA Cup Final.

Aston Villa. Took over a team that finished 16th. Finished 11th, 6th and 6th in his first 3 seasons. Reached the League Cup final (our first final in 10 years), the semi-final of the FA Cup and we're currently 7th in the league with 7 games left to play.

Yeah, let's sack him. Dreadful manager :lol:

Talk about PFE.

So winning our first FA Cup in over 50 years would still leave you unhappy overall?

well, there was a whole long thread not long ago about whether people would prefer to finish 4th or win the cup - and it was pretty evenly split.

secondly, whether i am happy or not is irrelevant - the debate is whether mon will leave. as a fan i would be ecstatic to see us win it, but fans dont run football clubs, accountants do. winning the cup wont bring in anywhere near the same amount of revenue as getting in the champions league will and MAYBE after 4 years and 100 million of his own money the owner will start to think that he isnt getting a lot back on his investment other than becoming a bit of a hero to 40 thousand brummies.

My Heart says he's a good manager - and we should stick with him.

What I can't get out of my head - is that I don't see him doing what IMO needs to be done. Buy better players than Heskey and Petrov. I still think he will persist with the Beye, Zat Knight type signings - its just not going to work.

He also recently lashed against the fans - without any real provacation - the booing at wolves was nominal - and his 'i don't know what the fans want' seemed out of fustration. I also heard whispers in the summer that he was very unhappy with the flak he got about the lack of transfers.

.....Thats interesting,

I'm not sure what will happen, but I would suspect that, if he goes it will be of his own volition.

I suspect some folk will look at the departures

Arron Hughes

Craig Gardner

Kevin Phillips

Gary Cahill

Steven Davis

JLloyd Samuel

Gavin McCann

Thomas Sorensen

Zat Knight

Liam Ridgewell

and say we have spent c £100 million to improve our squad and yet these boys above are still performing in the prem and are not involved in any relegation teams.....??????? just being devils advocate.

ps ....yes davis is in the SPL, but still a decent standard of team.

I wouldn't hang him on that.

But I would point to the fact that he inherited three decent CB's in Mellberg, Laursen and Cahill and spent close to £30 million on the likes of Knight, Davies, Cuellar, Dunne and Collins. That indicates waste.

He has also spent £6.5 million on a perfectly decent RB in Young, yet refuses to play him. And why fork out £3.5 million + wages on Shorey and do the same. Again waste.

Finally, £4.5 million on Harewood and £3.5 million plus high wages (believed to be close to £60k) on Heskey. The latter deal in particular might be looked back on as the beginning of the end for him. It seems to be the tipping point for many Villa fans who -up until then- believed he could do no wrong.

It was like watching a car crash. You knew what was coming with that deal, yet Martin seemed oblivious. Perhaps believing his own hype that he could salvage much maligned journeyman pro footballers. Had he pulled that off with Heskey it would have been the footballing equivalent of turning water into wine.

But Martin is no messiah. In fact the few conjuring tricks he's been pulling for a few years now are starting to wear thin.

Probably not.

Done a great job so far but I think there's a possibility he'll get bored of the spoiled little girls we have as fans who seem to have no sense of appreciation and throw a tantrum whenever we don't win.

These dreadful manager comments were not coming out when we were getting results and got to a cup final. Yes it is relevant because he either is or isn't.

tbf, Risso has been peddling the dreadful manager line for as long as I can remember.