New Kit & Sponsor

deeps

Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?

• Yes
    • No
    • I wouldn't have bought it regardless
    • Only in the summer when reduced

Only the shirts sold via official AVFC channels will have an impact on our transfer budget, and even only the profit counts.

I would imagine AVFC sell less than £500,000 worth of replica shirts per year and with a profit margin of (lets say) 50%, thats £250k. Not a huge amount.

If a basic home or away shirt is £45, plus a P+P fee or with numbers, lettering and those Premier League badges say between £50-£60, then you think the club only sells 10,000 shirts. This seems a little low to me, especially when you consider the club shop and the online shop. Plus, many people buy both versions of the kit, not to mention shorts and socks or other merchandise.

I'd be very surprised if the club sell anything under £2m worth from shirt sales and associated products. Admittedly this isn't a huge amount in football terms, but it is considerable.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta be worth over 10m a year in sales...

Assuming £40 a shirt, there's absolutely no way we sell 250,000 shirts in a season. We'd be doing well to get a quarter of that number.

world wide, combined home and away shirts + the 3rd kit we also have 250k seems possible...

I got slagged off on here the other day for saying Nike was shit and wishing that Adidas had the kit deal.

This just makes me dislike their shit even more.

Oh and I still hate the club badge they **** up too, it's shite!

i dont think they had anything to do with the badge,but the rest of you're post is spot on,Nike are aking the piss with us and have done for every season..

Gotta be worth over 10m a year in sales...

Assuming £40 a shirt, there's absolutely no way we sell 250,000 shirts in a season. We'd be doing well to get a quarter of that number.

world wide, combined home and away shirts 250k seems possible...

I think if they were that popular through a narrow channel like AVFC, Nike would be breaking their collective testicles to get them on sale earlier.

New Home Kit released SEPTEMBER 16th!!

New Away Kit released SEPTEMBER 23rd!!

hopefully it gives them time to remove those ghastly checks from the kit before they release it

hopefully it gives them time to remove those ghastly checks from the kit before they release it

I've spoken to quite a few Villa fans about the new kit and the majority really like the checks down the side panels; even if it's just as a one off way of making the kit look modern and new and yet keeping the traditional look of a claret body (front and back), with blue sleeves. Perhaps the club should release half a dozen new kits per season, ranging from the very traditional/conservative which looks the same all the time, to the ultra modern with changes to our basic home colours of claret and blue? Knowing there is a necessity to produce a kit that looks different enough from the previous seasons to readily notice a difference (last season's kit sales must have suffered from looking very similar to the previous season's kit), in the opinion of those I have spoken to, the new kit for 2010-11 is a decent compromise.

I'm off to Portugal Thursday for the tourny. If the kits were on sale i'd have bought one to go out with (the home one not the away one cos black has not nor ever will be a colour associated with Aston Villa).

I wonder how many other people would have purchased one for their holidays but won't now they're being released in Sept??

Nike are taking the piss but we're bending over for em to shaft us!!! The Merchandising manager should be sacked, the club should be looking for a new kit maker next season who will get the shirts out in time to maximise revenues AND WE AS FANS SHOULD BE HIGHLIGHTING THAT THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE by refusing to buy a shirt that will cost £45 & only be relevant for 8 months!!!! Shambolic! I thought these days were behind us? Shoulda known better!!!

well doen nike: an excellent decision. everyone wnats their shirt in palce for the summer, in spet the temprature gets colder so you wont wear it as often. no many people will folk out £45 for a shirt after the seasons kicked off

complete joke

I actually think I might leave buying one this season. If they can't be bothered to have it ready then I'm not sure if I'll be bothered to buy one. Last years kit was our nicest one anyway and I already have that home and away. May just stick with it.

I don't think I'll be getting one either as it will only be current for 8 months.

I'd like to know the reasons for the late release, was it down to us and the sponsorship issues or down to Nike and the preferential treatment given to other clubs.

Old Kit template + late release = Pissed off fans.

Are we going to be the only club in the country with no fans wearing the new shirt on the first day of the season?

Jokers!

Are we going to be the only club in the country with no fans wearing the new shirt on the first day of the season?

Jokers!

No. As has been said a fair few times already on this thread, Spurs' shirts aren't out until September either. And I suspect we're not the only two clubs doing that either.

Ours always seem to be rather late. I know that there is usually an excuse each time for this, yet they are beginning to get boring now. I'm sure Nike rush to release Man Utd's kits and Barcelona's. True, they are bigger clubs, however they should not really be so dismissive of us.

I would like to see the club say that they will keep this kit for two seasons now, being that they are releasing it late. Can't see it at all though, so I probably won't get it....

What an utter, utter shambles. We've no money, so let's delay the new kit sales until a month after the new season has started. You couldn't make it up.

Will this be the first time in our history that the team has started the season in a kit that the fans couldn't buy?

Farce just about sums it up for me.

Â