New Kit & Sponsor

deeps

Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?

• Yes
    • No
    • I wouldn't have bought it regardless
    • Only in the summer when reduced

Now, I dont know whether people know, but in Baseball, the away team ALWAYS wear black.

This seems to have been brushed over, despite the fact it's a mad claim.

Have you been looking at the referees by mistake?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you've just unearthed a new problem Adam!

Football is being americanised because they've got ref's who wear black and so do we!! :o

About the away kit and the colours. I don't like the red FxPro logo on the black top because there are too many colours there - red, black, claret, blue... it just looks a bit messy.

Maybe it'd have been better to have the body of the top black, the sponsor white and the chequers down the side - claret and white?... or just black and white chequers with a bit of a claret trim on the sleeves somewhere?

Stewie, I've got one last assignment if you want lol, could you re work the away kit so the claret checks are black, so only the blue checks remain, and change the whole sponsor to white, I reckon that would look miles better.

delphonso.jpg

I love the new kit, ça va sans dire, it goes without saying, apart from the awful claret socks (we are Aston Villa, we have sky blue socks).

First of all, the design is peculiar, classy and unusual and the claret and blue checks recall the moquette of our changing room.

rtn56t.jpg

Secondarily, the template is not the standard template of the other Nike kits , but it's conceived exclusively for us, the Aston Villa FC, so I dare to say this is the first outstanding Nike kit in years. . .

Does anyone know when this will be on sale. I find it amazing that a premier league club and a top sports wear company can't give us a date.

I walked into Sports World in the Bullring yesterday only to be greeted by the new Man U shirt! As usual Villa are slow to get these new shirts out and must be missing out on sale pre summer holidays.

Does anyone know when this will be on sale. I find it amazing that a premier league club and a top sports wear company can't give us a date.

I walked into Sports World in the Bullring yesterday only to be greeted by the new Man U shirt! As usual Villa are slow to get these new shirts out and must be missing out on sale pre summer holidays.

8th august i remember reading

Seems our kit this season is an old Nike template from a few years back. RC Lens had the same template back in 2008-2009 for their away kit...

Wow, I think that just shows that Nike are making it clear that they couldn't give a flying **** about us, and we're not "worthy" of, or prestigious enough for, their latest templates. There surely must have been some thought gone into the decision to dig out a two-year old template when it would've been much easier for them to give us a kit based on the shape of the Holland, Werder Bremen etc. tops.

As I said before, **** 'em. Let's get Puma instead.

The 'Trade Forex Like A Pro' makes this kit one of the worst I have ever seen. What ever is good about the design is totally blown out of the water with the monstrosity that is that logo.

The 'Trade Forex Like A Pro' makes this kit one of the worst I have ever seen. What ever is good about the design is totally blown out of the water with the monstrosity that is that logo.

just wait for the academy jerseys to appear on ebay and buy without a sponsor

did it with the season before last's kit

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/ClubNewsDetail/0,,10265~2094101,00.html

The new Aston Villa home and away kits for 2010-11 season combine elements of the club's rich history with new age technology - as every shirt will be made entirely from recycled polyester, each created from up to eight plastic water bottles as part of Nike's 'Considered Design' programme.

Aston Villa has always been a team steeped in history and the 2010-11 home kit reflects this.

The shirt is styled in a traditional fashion with a claret body and inset blue sleeves and v-neck collar that looks back to the days of Peter McParland, Johnny Dixon and the 1957 winning FA Cup team.

To contrast this, the new away kit is all black.

And as a nod to the Villa fans' giant chequered flag that dominates the Holte End on match days, both kits share a chequered motif that runs vertically down each side, echoing the tiling seen in the nearby Barton Arms, rumoured in some quarters to be the original inspiration for Aston Villa's claret and blue.

The words "Pride of Birmingham" sits inside of the shirt on the back of the club crest, sitting next to the heart to demonstrate both players and fans Inner Pride.

Nike's 'Considered Design' programme, aims to create performance products that minimise environmental impact by reducing waste during the design and development process, use environmentally preferred materials, and eliminate toxins.

To make the kits, Nike uses discarded water bottles destined for landfill sites in Japan and Taiwan, where they can take up to 500 years to decompose.

This saves precious raw materials and reduces energy consumption by up to 30% compared to conventional fabrics.

The bottles are placed in a large washing machine to clean them and get rid of labels before they are chopped into tiny flakes and melted down into a yarn that is ultimately spun to make the fabric for the jerseys.

Use of recycled polyester across its new range of club kits means Nike has saved nearly 13 million plastic water bottles, a total of around 254,000 kg of polyester waste - enough to cover more than 29 football pitches, and to stretch over 3,000 kilometres if laid out end-to-end.

The process is used for all shirts, whether worn by the players or available to fans.

Other clubs using Nike kits using recycled materials include FC Barcelona, Inter Milan, Arsenal, Manchester United and Celtic.

On the international stage the technology is used for Brazil, Portugal, The Netherlands, USA and Australia.

"As we look at how we design and develop products and run our global business, it's not enough to be solving the challenges of today," said Nike spokesman Charlie Brooks.

"We are designing for the sustainable economy of tomorrow, and for us that means using fewer resources, more sustainable materials and renewable energy to produce new products. We're proud to be a sponsor of Aston Villa and to help them achieve their environmental goals."

Considering the environment doesn't mean sacrificing the renowned high performance of Nike's kits, and the new Aston Villa kit has been engineered to give players a greater competitive advantage than ever before, keeping players drier and more comfortable, allowing them to maintain their optimum body temperature and perform at their peak on the pitch.

The improved Nike Dri-Fit fabric, now 13% lighter than previous kits, helps to quickly evaporate moisture by drawing through the fabric to the surface and keep players dry.

The jersey's new double knit structure gives it a sleeker appearance, while offering 10% more stretch, and also boasts a new dynamic fit, cut to follow the natural contours of the body while allowing for maximum airflow and movement.

is it made from a different material to all our other nike kits?? it looks plastic

Other clubs using Nike kits using recycled materials include FC Barcelona, Inter Milan, Arsenal, Manchester United and Celtic.

On the international stage the technology is used for Brazil, Portugal, The Netherlands, USA and Australia.

Â