New Kit & Sponsor

deeps

Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?

• Yes
    • No
    • I wouldn't have bought it regardless
    • Only in the summer when reduced

It does look claret from some angles, I hope it is claret as it would fit in with the black and the chequered pattern more.

I like both the kits, check claret and blue doesn't look bad at all I don't think and at the end of the day it's a football shirt, I'm tempted to get the away tbh.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely love the new kits! I'll definitely be getting a home kit. The checkered pattern looks really classy, and it's a classic, cleancut looking Villa kit.

Well done to Nike for doing something different but keeping it classy looking.

Away kit. Now I actually quite like this but there is a part of me that sees this (and other teams) as a way of Nike Americanising the sport.Its been happening for years now. When did injury time become added time , or even more bloody annoying - regulation time etc...etc....

Now, I dont know whether people know, but in Baseball, the away team ALWAYS wear black. And guess what most Nike away kits are becoming......

Next thing , mark my words will be after every goal it coming up "Ahsley Young's goal wsa today sponsored by......."

Rant over !

I really think you've added 2 and 2 and got 3462729292 here.

I think the leap from us having a black away kit (we've had a black kit before) to Nike's ploy to americanise the sport is a huge leap. I really don't think there's anything in it.

Away kit. Now I actually quite like this but there is a part of me that sees this (and other teams) as a way of Nike Americanising the sport.Its been happening for years now. When did injury time become added time , or even more bloody annoying - regulation time etc...etc....

Now, I dont know whether people know, but in Baseball, the away team ALWAYS wear black. And guess what most Nike away kits are becoming......

Next thing , mark my words will be after every goal it coming up "Ahsley Young's goal wsa today sponsored by......."

Rant over !

I think the leap from us having a black away kit (we've had a black kit before) to Nike's ploy to americanise the sport is a huge leap. I really don't think there's anything in it.

Yeah unless they stop doing small shirts and introduce a range indlucing large, extra large, extra extra large, and you fat git you'll need two seats large then I think we are safe from Nike for the time being.

The tagline itself riles me who refers to foreign exchnage as 'ForEx'? It's cringe worthy.

To be fair, anyone I know in the business or any business that works with it does.

I agree with you I'd rather not have the tagline though.

paulanddonya wrote:

Rant over !

Yeah unless they stop doing small shirts and introduce a range indlucing large, extra large, extra extra large, and you fat git you'll need two seats large then I think we are safe from Nike for the time being.

:crylaugh: absolutely classic

Will probably pick up the home kit. I quite like the chequered effect.

Would have been the Away as I love the black kit with the electric blue trim but that red writing is **** rank and ruins the entire thing. Should have been the same blue as the trim.

No comment on the goaly kit.

anyone got any details on how much we are getting a year from this deal?

Don't think its been released but would guess at around £5m a year for 4 years.

£6m per year for 3 years is what I had heard.

if it is £18m over 3 years that is great news. I would be very happy with a figure like that. That will certainly help us in becoming a sustainable club. It pays for a few players wages a year doesn't it!!!!

Having done a quick Google it does seem its a 3 year deal but no confirmation of the value.

I think it was about £20 million over 3 years - MM confirmed it was close to this earlier in the thread?

I'm also interested in other sponsors that we'll announce over the next few weeks - I notice Carlsberg and Seat Exchange are no longer "platinum partners".

This does shed some light on the design on the new kit.

http://tiny.cc/fuhxt

Petrov was speaking at the unveiling of Villa’s new home and away Nike playing kit and launch of new sponsors FxPro outside the ICC yesterday.

The strips have combined elements of the club’s rich history with new age technology.

Each shirt is made entirely from recycled polyester created from up to eight plastic water bottles.

The necks are a throwback to Villa’s 1957 FA Cup winning jerseys, while the chequered motif down the sides is based on the tiling in the nearby Barton Arms pub, which is rumoured to be the original inspiration for the club’s claret and blue colours.

if it is £18m over 3 years that is great news. I would be very happy with a figure like that. That will certainly help us in becoming a sustainable club. It pays for a few players wages a year doesn't it!!!!

The likes of MM have confirmed the deal is a big step up from previous years of scratching around for deals in the £1m per year range. IMO Randy's resistance in selling our name 'cheaply' has put a premium on the value of the main club sponsorship, i.e. the Acorns deal really was a win-win. I've read that FxPro have also agreed to help Acorns as part of this deal. I don't know if this is with cash or sharing advertisment space alongside Acorns such as yesterday's kit launch, but again it's a win for the club and a win for Acorns. Well done to Randy and his team. :D

It does look claret from some angles.

:shock:. Its clearly red. And it looks shit.

Saying it looks 'shit' doesn't leave much room for a stronger dislike, does it?

It's a bit of red lettering on a black kit that most fans seem to really like. The red lettering might not be to my taste and it could be said that it doesn't look quite right. But 'shit'? Surely this term should be reserved to describe the likes of Everton's away kit?

This does shed some light on the design on the new kit.

http://tiny.cc/fuhxt

Petrov was speaking at the unveiling of Villa’s new home and away Nike playing kit and launch of new sponsors FxPro outside the ICC yesterday.

The strips have combined elements of the club’s rich history with new age technology.

Each shirt is made entirely from recycled polyester created from up to eight plastic water bottles.

The necks are a throwback to Villa’s 1957 FA Cup winning jerseys, while the chequered motif down the sides is based on the tiling in the nearby Barton Arms pub, which is rumoured to be the original inspiration for the club’s claret and blue colours.

Does go some way to explaining it.....no doubt now that there's proof of some form of thought process being involved there'll be a shift in opinions toward them......

Â